Walsall on Sat

BuckoBeast

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It perturbed me when I heard Hughes was out wide. The lesson Wassall failed to learn was that you put a player like him where he's most involved and can do maximum damage to the opposition. Hopefully it was more of a fitness thing accommodating everyone who needed a run out, but even so it seemed wrong.

Hughes only started the last 3 matches of the league season plus the playoff games against Hull, and was clearly about 50% fit. With Thorne sidelined with a broken leg, and no ready-made replacement, Hughes was a logical choice for the 'Iniesta' role. At Brighton, and at Hull, he was utterly outstanding, strolling through the game.

I think Wassall had no choice - and called it dead right.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, eddie said:

Hughes only started the last 3 matches of the league season plus the playoff games against Hull, and was clearly about 50% fit. With Thorne sidelined with a broken leg, and no ready-made replacement, Hughes was a logical choice for the 'Iniesta' role. At Brighton, and at Hull, he was utterly outstanding, strolling through the game.

I think Wassall had no choice - and called it dead right.

Agree last season but he's looking really sharp now. I hope @Carl Sagan is right, and it was just a matter of fitting him in somewhere today. 

42 minutes ago, DCFCDowd said:

Enjoyed the game today :), not overly fussed on the collymore song that came loud from the beered up crew behind us!! :( Love the general singing but too much bad language for me!! Am I alone?? :blink:

Didn't notice much swearing today but I hate that Collymore song with vengeance! Sympathise if you have kids with you, though.

Didn't hear any new songs.

Swearing was plentiful near us :( f-ing this & f-ing that does my head in!! Have 2 boys and they have always heard it at the matches you can't hide it (my husband used to tell our eldest they were saying banker instead of *anker) but they work it out in the end!! Not discussed in depth :huh: 

The only new song I heard was one about Johnny Russell running down the wing or am I slow in picking that one out?!?

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Didn't notice much swearing today but I hate that Collymore song with vengeance! Sympathise if you have kids with you, though.

I don't mind swearing if there's a bit of banter and cleverness to it. That Collymore thing is just classless and makes us look bad. I cringe every time.

One thing I've taken from today is that the players seem to be really enjoying it at the minute. Ince In particular looked the happiest I've ever seen him in his interview after the game today, really positive. 

The Players look much fitter than last season and their seems to be a really basic system being put in place that they understand. Under clement it felt like things were over complicated and the players didn't look fit, so it's a massive bonus. 

57 minutes ago, angieram said:

I see you sit in the North Upper block C angieram which is next to the family area isn't it? What's it generally like at home games around you for bad language and the like? Is it constant and in family areas too? I'm in the family north upper for the first time with my kid. Anyone else on here in the family areas and have any views on this? Seems a hot topic at the minute does bad language what with the new FA guidelines for players. 

Any one got the goals, highlights etc?......I've watched Sky Sports a few times this evening and seen just about every other friendly except ours.

Great following today. But no new songs, c'mon boys and girls, we clearly all need more drink and a good sing song on the way home from the boozers tonight, get them new songs going for the new season.

Here's one for you all......."Have Love, We're Derby We Travel"......great for away games.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Swearing is a sign of a low IQ.

It is - it f**king well is.

The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low that every person of sense and character detests and despises it. 

George Washington

Just now, Strange yearnings said:

The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low that every person of sense and character detests and despises it. 

George Washington

George Washington? Traitorous ****.

Archived