Walsall on Sat

BuckoBeast

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Totally agree on all the Blackman stuff, new start abd for him a great chance to give it a proper go, be sure deserves one, some people just can't help but slag him off.

also did anyone see Inces interview? Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but it was a very good interview he speaks very well and clearly is enjoying it again, he could be a world beater this season under Pearson 

He certainly has everything in his locker and I'm pretty sure you will see the best of him this season as he wont get away with his strops with big nige in charge that's for sure 

I've said it for the last 3 seasons and will say it again this team has everything it just needs the right attitude 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

One thing is clear - All the players are getting a fresh start.

If you do not play well, you do not well, play!

442 or 4411A couple of players will already be feeling the pinch eg Russell

Dominate them in midfield then zap them with fast breaks looks likely. Derby win 1 - 0 again.

Brings back memories of TBE era on Soccer AM when we were not only 'The Rams' but 'The Sneaks' as we sneaked another away win.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Actually, it's not bad up there because it is a designated family area and there are warning stickers on the seats.

Downside is there is not much atmosphere at times either.

Thanks Angieram. I think away games fair enough. There will be fans all over the place all mixed in, families, bevvied up groups, quiet elderly folk and so it's nigh on impossible to segregate each group in terms of their requirements (such as no bad language or having to stand because those in front are standing etc).

For home games it should in theory be simple to segregate. I'm sure the swearing in the South Stand is legendary and again, fair enough. It's where the more vocal of Derby fans sit and they like to make an atmosphere. It's par for the course.

Family areas though are for families and IMO there should be no bad language in these areas. Obviously some folk have the odd slip of the tongue as we all do in front of our kids i'm sure but if someone is churning out the profanities like a McDonalds drive through churn out burgers in these areas then it's not really acceptable. I think it's all about common sense really and if everyone uses theirs then everyone in theory should be able to have the day out at the football that suits them best and that they really enjoy - swearing or not.

Like you say though, it's not really an issue in the North Stand Upper so I think it's credit to Drrby fans and the club.

We're in North Upper, Block D. There's bad language in the heat of the moment but not constant. At an away game once, a young lad was behind me. He'd been taught to sing but whenever ther was a swear word he literally sang "rude word". e.g. If you don't rude word bounce you're a red! Meant he could join in the singing but didn't hear much swearing over his own voice!

10 minutes ago, archram said:

We're in North Upper, Block D. There's bad language in the heat of the moment but not constant. At an away game once, a young lad was behind me. He'd been taught to sing but whenever ther was a swear word he literally sang "rude word". e.g. If you don't rude word bounce you're a red! Meant he could join in the singing but didn't hear much swearing over his own voice!

Cheers archram. Good to get others perspectives on things. Yeah I guess there will be the odd shout out here and there in the heat of the moment but by and large it sounds like being in that area is pretty quiet and a pleasant friendly atmosphere. As for away games, I've not actually been to a Derby away game yet being a newbie but when I do I expect swearing, lots of singing and lots of banter and noise and I've not got a problem with that - that's what makes away games what they are. As for angierams comment about their being not being much of an atmosphere in the family area - well i'm used to fixtures like York v Stevenage usually so it couldn't possibly get any worse! :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, archram said:

The Memsahib wishes to apologise for that - she only swears when it slips out.

2 hours ago, TopRam said:

Totally agree on all the Blackman stuff, new start abd for him a great chance to give it a proper go, be sure deserves one, some people just can't help but slag him off.

also did anyone see Inces interview? Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but it was a very good interview he speaks very well and clearly is enjoying it again, he could be a world beater this season under Pearson 

I'm no his greatest fan as he has all the ability in the world but I question his attitude in run of the mill games , one thing for certain this season pearson wont let him away with it which can only be good for the club , I'm glad Newcastle are everyones certainty for the title but with pearson in charge I think we will go very very close , bring it on

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers archram. Good to get others perspectives on things. Yeah I guess there will be the odd shout out here and there in the heat of the moment but by and large it sounds like being in that area is pretty quiet and a pleasant friendly atmosphere. As for away games, I've not actually been to a Derby away game yet being a newbie but when I do I expect swearing, lots of singing and lots of banter and noise and I've not got a problem with that - that's what makes away games what they are. As for angierams comment about their being not being much of an atmosphere in the family area - well i'm used to fixtures like York v Stevenage usually so it couldn't possibly get any worse! :thumbsup:

Love the username, have you got a wheel of death?

hqdefault.jpg

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I noticed Bryson wore the no/ 8 shirt and the captains armband yesterday and Bent wore no/ 9 and Ince wore no/ 10
Does that suggest we are selling Hendrick no/ 8 last season and Martin no/ 9 last year. That's how I read it what do you reckon??

That's one for this thread 

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

:lol: Not at the moment  :p

I had the choice of two Tony's for my user name. Le Mesmer or Hayers so went for the former. He's got more hair than I have.

Good job you didn't pick Tony Hayers, he fell off the roof of his house, trying to remove an aerial. Broke his neck. 

Archived