A little insight to Clements personality

Jon_Grooves

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I knew he was odd when I heard he doesn't hav gravy on his roast dinners 

I knew he was odd when I asked him for a shovel and he said "Take your pick"

How do people know who he's had sex with? 

Genuine question. 

It's not come from a mate of a mate has it? 

It's like the 4th rumour of its kind. I'm thinking statistically that it's likely most of our own girlfriends have cheated based on the sexual adventures of a few blokes that play football together. 

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

How do people know who he's had sex with? 

Genuine question. 

It's not come from a mate of a mate has it? 

It's like the 4th rumour of its kind. I'm thinking statistically that it's likely most of our own girlfriends have cheated based on the sexual adventures of a few blokes that play football together. 

i-did-not-have-sexual-relations-with-tha

Because she said no.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 01:13, Jon_Grooves said:

even though im going off topic, I do think the ostrich thing with Pearson was completely blown out of proportion. I completely understood what he was on about and i dont understand why people thought it was a strange thing to say.

Ostrich = head in the sand and not knowing about something. Whats strange about that?

It was said a tad abruptly but, I agree, it was an unremarkable comment in response to an idiotic question and I can think of at least half-a-dozen Premiership managers over recent years who have reacted worse. Of course, we ought not keep our head in the sand over some of the seriously angry outbursts (the head butt for instance) but, hopefully, Pearson has learned how to deal with his anger a little better.

The thing I REALLY LIKE is how he behaves towards his players; an excellent blend of discipline, no-nonsense truth-telling, affection and mutual respect. The accounts of his ability to (a) communicate harsh and kind messages; (b) a sense of unity and purpose; (c) coach, mentor and communicate tactically with his players; (d) to listen to his players (it is little recognised); and (e) improve individual players AND the team as a whole.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 21:58, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Heard that clement demanded everybody to call him "boss" at all times even the on site staff around the training ground.

This, assuming it is true, sounds most like a rookie head coach who may still have been a little insecure in his role.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 22:15, HenriDCFC said:

Think Clement came across quite Stubborn in interviews, but that's just my opinion

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 22:13, DCFCArmy said:

I'm a big Pearson fan but come on.. Clement was in his first number 1 job, the pressure on managers/head coaches is immense and tbf to him he did well until about christmas, the game for me where he went wrong was the Leeds away match, resting key players and only getting a 2 all draw dented confidence and momentum, he should have played the main 11 that had got us top and looked to win the game,, and get ready for Boro on the back of a win, winning breeds confidence. but its easy from our armchair or the stand, we're not the one's doing the day to day training etc, we're not the one's being sl**ed off in the press and from the stands, and having to deal with egos in the dressing room. Clement will find another job and do well for the experience he had with us imo.

This anti-Clement 'stuff' epitomises one thing I find frustrating about many Derby fans; our apparent need to slag off every manager incessantly after they've gone. Not only is it unnecessary and indicative of our insecurities in my view, it's usually complete garbage.

Before anyone suggests that it has only been Clough (of the Nigel variety), McClaren and Clement, think about how many managers / head coaches we've churned through - and burned - since Clough and Mackay (by my count, 23 from Clough to Clough) and we'd be lucky if perhaps 3-4 were regarded as acceptable.

Surely, that is as clear evidence as you could ask for that the problem may have been within the club?

Regarding Clement, I don't mind admitting I was hopeful he would be ok rather than confident. And I have no idea if the personal rumours are true so I choose to grant them no credence and ignore them. But his manner of dealing with the press and the public was exemplary; he was rational, considered, polite and (I thought) nothing other than intelligent and forthright.

He behaved as if he respected the fans' desire for a reaction.

How anyone could suggest otherwise is utterly beyond me. Perhaps a few examples might be in order? 

On 15/06/2016 at 00:11, smiths_tavrn said:

Clement is a joke. He will never be a good manager. He thinks more about his cock than enhancing his skills as a manager. Shame someone duped us into to appointing him. I knew he was a ****** before he was officially appointed.Sam Rush thought differently of course.

Yes, of course you did.

On 6/16/2016 at 13:53, RamDon said:

This anti-Clement 'stuff' epitomises one thing I find frustrating about many Derby fans; our apparent need to slag off every manager incessantly after they've gone.

Couldn't agree more.

That is why I chose to slag off Glenn Hoddle.

Archived