A little insight to Clements personality

Jon_Grooves

I was at Moor Farm this weekend and I spoke to one of the lads that work there (not a player), and i asked him how Pearson is in person, as i was expecting him to say scary or something along those lines, he said really nice. He then said Clement on the other hand was very moody and miserable. A good insight maybe to how the camp become unstable in his time? No wonder Mel got rid of him

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair the pressure isn't on yet and Pearson has just arrived so it's easy for him to be nice now, or rather it'd be strange if he was a moody asoul off the bat.

Clement might not have helped himself with his he dealt with people, no doubt, little snips here and there just give the impression he wasn't very likeable. Might just have been pressure?

In any line of work dealing with folk of all levels is important and as big part of getting your team pulling the right way.

I'm a big Pearson fan but come on.. Clement was in his first number 1 job, the pressure on managers/head coaches is immense and tbf to him he did well until about christmas, the game for me where he went wrong was the Leeds away match, resting key players and only getting a 2 all draw dented confidence and momentum, he should have played the main 11 that had got us top and looked to win the game,, and get ready for Boro on the back of a win, winning breeds confidence. but its easy from our armchair or the stand, we're not the one's doing the day to day training etc, we're not the one's being sl**ed off in the press and from the stands, and having to deal with egos in the dressing room. Clement will find another job and do well for the experience he had with us imo.

I've said elsewhere, every question about Pearson to anyone who's worked with him before describe him as a really nice, funny guy to work with. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I've said elsewhere, every question about Pearson to anyone who's worked with him before describe him as a really nice, funny guy to work with. 

Im sure hes lovely, but my point is about Clement. My Pearson comment to this guy was just a conversation starter

I've heard a few people  (mainly ex pros) saying how warm and friendly Pearson is when they see him. Obviously he's on edge following media issues he's had, some of which are massively of his ow  doing of course. All the feedback Ibe heard regarding clement was that he was eager to get his foot in the door then get them playing his own brand which differed from what he'd agreed with Mel. I do think clement will be a successful coach / manager just sadly it didn't work for him with us. 

even though im going off topic, I do think the ostrich thing with Pearson was completely blown out of proportion. I completely understood what he was on about and i dont understand why people thought it was a strange thing to say.

Ostrich = head in the sand and not knowing about something. Whats strange about that?

30 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

even though im going off topic, I do think the ostrich thing with Pearson was completely blown out of proportion. I completely understood what he was on about and i dont understand why people thought it was a strange thing to say.

Ostrich = head in the sand and not knowing about something. Whats strange about that?

I agree Jon_Grooves. Some of the questions asked at interview are total drivel, and I'm surprised there isn't more push back.

I'm sure we will have an Ostrich chant for Pearson. My guess is the lads in the South stand, not known for their poetic originality, will come up with something like He's and Ostrich, he's an Ostrich, he's an Ostrich, we don't care etc etc  

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

I'm sure we will have an Ostrich chant for Pearson. My guess is the lads in the South stand, not known for their poetic originality, will come up with something like He's and Ostrich, he's an Ostrich, he's an Ostrich, we don't care etc etc  

No chance.

Guaranteed to be...Pearsons on fire, journalists are terrified

Archived