Free transfers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

I see Osman, Toure, Fletcher and Flamini have been released. Would you take any of these. I would like Flamini to add steal Osman and Fletcher would be great to. I think Toure would be to costly but you never know.

Setting your sights low. No love for Adebayor?

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

They've all been released for a reason . In all fairness I don't think many of the released players would improve us , plus they will all be on big money , wages we probably don't need to be paying .

Agreed- though I think they're on no money currently!

27 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Agreed- though I think they're on no money currently!

OK smart arse :p! You no what I mean though ! All the players mentioned by @Westcumbrianram are going to have been on upwards of £30k and are going to be wanting as near as that to damn it . 

Just for example if you signed adebayor on what ? £35 k a week ? £500k signing on fee ? On a 2 year contract ! That's going to be approximately 4.1 million with absoloutely no sell on value at all . 

Again for example sign an up and coming prospect proven at this level I. E nakhi Wells , £4 million to sign approximately  , £15 k a week on a 3 year deal ! That's £6.3 million . But with the potential of a massive sell on fee I. E recoup all your money , plus . Or have a very good player for a very long time . 

Obviously all the above are just scenarios so don't jump on my back with all the facts figures and numbers . 

I for one no what route I'd rather go down as a football club , I want players who want to be at this club not players who just want to come for a quick pay fix then **** off too the next club who has a bit of money . 

Looking at the premier league ones: 

Nick Powell?, Mathieu Flamini?, Emmanual Adebayor?, Leon Osman? Steven Pienaar?, Gaston Ramirez? (likely to be signed by Boro though), Steve Sidwell?, Steven Fletcher?, Stephan Sessegnon?, 

I'd be happy with any of these signing if i'm honest, I know the wages would be huge but it's better than having huge transfer fees!

The scary thing about Osman being a free agent, is the realisation it was 12 years ago he was on loan TWELVE! Where the hell has that time gone. I'd give him a years contract valuable experience, everyone thought the Eust was past it..... 

Do we really need another centre midfielder? 

Nick Powell is the only one worth a gamble. He has ability, well, potential, and is still young enough to salvage it. I'd not offer him anything crazy, but I'd put an offer on the table should he want it. 

Steven Fletcher should be worth a shout. Again, I'm not 100% convinced he's the best we can get. However, he can play in that lone striker role, should he need to. 

Can someone explain the hype around Nick Powell?

Signed for United in 2012, has barely played a game for them and has gone on countless loans since. I think he's managed 30 odd games since 2012, that's less than Thorne! Pearson signed him on loan for Leicester and guess what? He sent him straight back to United having failed to impress and lack of interest.

16 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Signed for United in 2012, has barely played a game for them and has gone on countless loans since. I think he's managed 30 odd games since 2012, that's less than Thorne! Pearson signed him on loan for Leicester and guess what? He sent him straight back to United having failed to impress and lack of interest.

Does that not include the loan to Wigan in 13/14 season where he played 41 games and scored 12? :p

Although he has only played 7 times since then.

Do we really need to be scrabbling about picking up cast offs on the freebie market to supplement our already too large a squad?

The answer is NO, we need to trim this squad down a bit and bring in a little extra quality not quantity.

Not one name on the freebie list would add anything to the quality of our squad.

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Didn't Nigel Clough try to sign him for Derby from Crewe in 2011/12 but chose Man Ure instead? 

Wrong decision Nick - you might have made it if you had come to Derby :rolleyes:

Archived