Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

3 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Kodjia has pace and is good in the air with great finishing, he's better than Martin when it comes to goal scoring. Only thing Martin had was his link up play, when was the last time we saw that?

Great finishing? Wouldn't say so, very good player, but needs loads of chances for 1 goal. Potentially could have scored 30-40 last season. If he improves his finishing and time of running, 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we sign Kodjia for the money being reported I may just stop supporting Derby for a while. The fee being reported is utter madness and would be a final nail in the coffin to everything we'd tried to do prior to Mel Morris joining.

Makes me sick how we've become some sort of QPR mark II.

I was a proud supporter of a club doing it 'the proper way' and it made it all the more better than we endured five years of cost-cutting and squad building to finally have such a vibrant team at our disposal.

RIP 'The Derby Way'

Your loss!

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

What an utterly pathetic embarrassment for a football club we have become.

Years of hard work ripped up by Clement, who was gone within a few months, and Pearson, who will be gone in a few months.

???

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Where did I say I will drop the club because of who they are signing?

It's not the who which bothers me, it's the utter ridiculous sums of money being thrown about. I know it's easy to say it's not my money, but it's the signs we're giving off which annoys me.

Being a Derby fan since the mid 90s, I've always seen us as a respected club and I was proud to see us produce such good footballing times (be it only briefly in the grand scheme of things) against the odds on small budgets.

I really don't like how we've created a massive problem for ourselves by ridiculous spending, and as a means of getting ourselves out of the mess we created, we're spending ridiculous amounts again.

QPR mark II. And I loathed QPR for what they did.

Errr.... it would have been your comment 'I may just stop supporting Derby for a while' which gave me hope fella :blink:  

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

What an utterly pathetic embarrassment for a football club we have become.

Years of hard work ripped up by Clement, who was gone within a few months, and Pearson, who will be gone in a few months.

Last night was pathetic and embarrassing, signing a new strike force after scoring only one goal in 5 games definately isn't.

4 minutes ago, Briz said:

Great finishing? Wouldn't say so, very good player, but needs loads of chances for 1 goal. Potentially could have scored 30-40 last season. If he improves his finishing and time of running, 

So basically just like every striker in the Championship?

6ff3d98af4d3f262d8488b0d4b793375.png

6 minutes ago, Briz said:

Yeah, because you're lot were tearing everyone apart last year and creating chances by the bucket-load in doing so!  Have you slipped your meds fella?

28 minutes ago, Briz said:

Just to say, we're laughing down here. 14 million for kodjia, rumoured to be buying Rhodes for 7 million. 

Enjoy then. Don't you have anything better to do, such as support your team?

Can never understand why 'fans' join opposition boards purely to goad or gloat. We're signing one of Bristol City's best players, regardless of the price I doubt many are 'laughing' at the news.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we sign Kodjia for the money being reported I may just stop supporting Derby for a while. The fee being reported is utter madness and would be a final nail in the coffin to everything we'd tried to do prior to Mel Morris joining.

Makes me sick how we've become some sort of QPR mark II.

I was a proud supporter of a club doing it 'the proper way' and it made it all the more better than we endured five years of cost-cutting and squad building to finally have such a vibrant team at our disposal.

RIP 'The Derby Way'

Agreed. I don't want 'record breaker' players. I want ones that want to play for Derby give 100% and 'get stuck in'

Ah - sorry they sound too much like Clough type players :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Kodjia has pace and is good in the air with great finishing, he's better than Martin when it comes to goal scoring. Only thing Martin had was his link up play, when was the last time we saw that?

Hardly surprising given that the best reader of Martin (Bryson) is playing 30-40 yards further back than he should be.

7 minutes ago, Briz said:

Here we have your typical 'huh crap anyway, glad he's leaving, great business for us at that price ' football fan when their side sell one of their better players. 

Guess he'll be roundly booed and "judased" upon his return to Bristol?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Hardly surprising given that the best reader of Martin (Bryson) is playing 30-40 yards further back than he should be.

True but we've seen it's not something we can really rely on, we need a method of playing where we can rotate and change players.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Last night was pathetic and embarrassing, signing a new strike force after scoring only one goal in 5 games definately isn't.

If we were creating chances then I might agree with you but we're not. We were at the end of last season though with the same squad weirdly enough. Buying your way out of a problem with players that won't solve it is pathetic and embarrassing.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

This is a much bigger risk than Vydra, not just financially but also to see if he suffers from second season syndrome (to borrow NFL terminology) 

Lets give our new strike force a season though shall we

You'd think a second season within a different team would cancel out that possible syndrome? Fingers crossed!

14 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Agreed. I don't want 'record breaker' players. I want ones that want to play for Derby give 100% and 'get stuck in'

Ah - sorry they sound too much like Clough type players :ph34r:

Tell you what - go and 'support' Burton!

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

If we were creating chances then I might agree with you but we're not. We were at the end of last season though with the same squad weirdly enough. Buying your way out of a problem with players that won't solve it is pathetic and embarrassing.

I can see where you're coming from and I think the quality of our chances created definately do need to improve, but I see that as more of a tactical issue with the repeated HOOF it upfield from the back every time. But the fact of the matter is we've had something like 100 shots so far this season and only managed one goal which has to suggest a problem with the strike force as well as the midfield. Tbh were in a mess atm from the middle of the park and up and new striker will help the issues, but not totally solve them.

Archived