Thank you Darren Wassall

JaguarRam

After the downtime/lost data I wanted to repeat my thank you to Darren Wassall for his contribution this season. 

We had some poor performances but also some excellent ones and he didn't deserve the negativity that he received. 

When we needed him he stepped up to the plate and took on the managers role. 

I wish him luck back the academy. He is a decent bloke and will one day be an excellent manager. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

After the downtime/lost data I wanted to repeat my thank you to Darren Wassall for his contribution this season. 

We had some poor performances but also some excellent ones and he didn't deserve the negativity that he received. 

When we needed him he stepped up to the plate and took on the managers role. 

I wish him luck back the academy. He is a decent bloke and will one day be an excellent manager. 

Decent bloke yes. Did the decent thing when asked yes. Was a decent interim manager no. Will be an excellent manager in the future, most unlikely but I do wish him well.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Decent bloke yes. Did the decent thing when asked yes. Was a decent interim manager no. Will be an excellent manager in the future, most unlikely but I do wish him well.

Did the best he could in a difficult situation. 

I respect him for that. 

Hear hear. He stepped up to the plate when asked and did it to the best of his abilities. What thanks did he get? A load a **** from a load of numpties. He's still a human being and its only football. He was and is a great servant to the club. Cheers dazwass.  Up the ramps

His wading through the Hull fans up there at the end of the game scored points with me and said a lot about him as a man (to me)

I wish him well and I'm sure he'll be able to give Pearson some pointers regarding the character of certain players if he's asked.

A good man to have around the the club for me.

Personally I think he did a good job. Turned a boring negative demoralised team into a team that played more exciting football and gave us the best entertainment this season. Was he a tactical genius? No and he made rookie mistakes but never openly criticised the team and brought them all back together

cheers Daz and good luck in the academy

2 hours ago, dajstrawb said:

I honestly believe he told the players to go  out there and just play. Massive respect for Wassall for simply the way he celebrated. Just like each of us Rams fans 

You're probably right and "just playing" meant that we completely p*ssed our season away.

Wassall seems like a good bloke and he's obviously done a good job with the academy, I'm glad he's returning to that role. But as @i-Ramsaid I'd be surprised if he becomes a good manager. I'm sure he's a great motivator but he's also a bit tactically inept.

6 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

You're probably right and "just playing" meant that we completely p*ssed our season away.

Wassall seems like a good bloke and he's obviously done a good job with the academy, I'm glad he's returning to that role. But as @i-Ramsaid I'd be surprised if he becomes a good manager. I'm sure he's a great motivator but he's also a bit tactically inept.

Just inexperienced. It takes time to be a good manager. 

He didn't destroy the season. Clement lost it and Wassell managed to guide us into the play offs.

A couple of years in lower leagues and he could be excellent.  

I honestly think if DW had taken over at a mid-table club with little expectation or pressure, he could have made his mistakes, learned from them and eventually developed into a good manager.

What he did achieve here with no real managerial experience, under great pressure and under the weight of expectation should not be underestimated.

4 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

Just inexperienced. It takes time to be a good manager. 

He didn't destroy the season. Clement lost it and Wassell managed to guide us into the play offs.

A couple of years in lower leagues and he could be excellent.  

He did a great job getting us to the playoffs then threw it away at home against Hull.

Perhaps he could make a good manager in time but imo these days nice guys and motivators don't get that far in football. He's got a lot to learn tactics-wise.

12 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

He did a great job getting us to the playoffs then threw it away at home against Hull.

Perhaps he could make a good manager in time but imo these days nice guys and motivators don't get that far in football. He's got a lot to learn tactics-wise.

No, that was Redknapp.

;)

Proving to be a loyal servant to the club,and dispite peoples opinions of his abilities as first team coach has my respect .

Taken alot of flack in recent weeks,some probably harsh considering very few of us know what was happening behind the scenes with players,morale and managerial recruitment.

Lets hope this experience strengthens his ability to become a better coach and he will continue to play an integral role within the development of the club.

Archived