Your pre-season fixture wishes

Chris Mills

What teams would you like to see us play in the pre-season for a bit of fun and excitement?

I'd personally like us to play a big Champions League team (Bayern, Madrid, Barca, PSG etc) and maybe a couple of fun matches with some local opposition.

Rangers would be fun again, really enoyed the atmosphere they brought to the game a couple of seasons back.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love it if we could play FC Brugge away in a pre-season friendly. Just for the Roger Davies connection and the opportunity to introduce some Derby fans to the best bars they will ever visit in their lives.

Oh, and for a plateful of Stoofvlees.

8 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

What teams would you like to see us play in the pre-season for a bit of fun and excitement?

I'd personally like us to play a big Champions League team (Bayern, Madrid, Barca, PSG etc) and maybe a couple of fun matches with some local opposition.

Rangers would be fun again, really enoyed the atmosphere they brought to the game a couple of seasons back.

Leicester?

Would like to play a couple of German teams at the start of pre season as they're very fit which would help the pre season to progress and get into things per say. I wouldn't mind playing Rangers again. They were in a bit of a state when we played them last time but this time it would be a proper game.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Would like to play a couple of German teams at the start of pre season as they're very fit which would help the pre season to progress and get into things per say. I wouldn't mind playing Rangers again. They were in a bit of a state when we played them last time but this time it would be a proper game.

Wouldnt happen. But if it did.. I might get to see the rams in a foreign country since I will be over there most of the summer and thoughtout pre-season anyway.

On another topic, what are peoples thoughts to their playoff system?

Its not one intent on stretching out the season long enough to have 2 teams out of 4 play at Wembley and thus earn the FA millions. It is a simple 2 legged affair between 3rd top of 2nd tier, against 3rd bottom of the first tier.

For us it would have been Brighton against Newcastle... and over there Newcastle stayed up! (Eintracht Frankfurt()

6 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Wouldnt happen. But if it did.. I might get to see the rams in a foreign country since I will be over there most of the summer and thoughtout pre-season anyway.

On another topic, what are peoples thoughts to their playoff system?

Its not one intent on stretching out the season long enough to have 2 teams out of 4 play at Wembley and thus earn the FA millions. It is a simple 2 legged affair between 3rd top of 2nd tier, against 3rd bottom of the first tier.

For us it would have been Brighton against Newcastle... and over there Newcastle stayed up! (Eintracht Frankfurt()

Originally the  play offs used to have the 2nd tier winners playing the 1st tier 4th bottom. I am pretty sure the violence that led to the mobile chip van incident where the man serving in it died, was at one of those play off games in the late 80's?

9 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Away at any MLS teams will be just fine with me:D.

Me too. The Memsahib and I have never been to the USA - and that means there's a Porterhouse pub we've never been to.

Archived