Your pre-season fixture wishes

Chris Mills

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

What happened to my 3 posts on playing in Barbados, or Santa Claus FC in Lapland, or Micronesia in Papau New Guinea?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/worst-football-team-earth-micronesia-6016863

Did it have anything to do with me and the unlucky 3 once again?............

Forum restore. Hosts hadn't taken a proper backup so a complete rollback was required.

West Ham, preferably away. Fun to go to the Olympic Stadium and won't they be ahead of the game fitness wise with qualifying rounds for the Europa Cup to play, so it would be an excellent workout.

Pre-season is all about fitness yet so many people got fixated on results.

Won't we have Chesterfield in the Derbyshire Senior Cup? Replaces the Burton game which we shouldn't do when they're in our division (congrats again to them).

People have mentioned Ajax, which could be fun, but I don't expect many Championship teams will play in that style. Though they would be cheap to bring to Derby compared with many continental teams and it could be a nice final game at the iPro before we kick off again, away at Grimsby in the wind and rain in League Cup a few days later.

Southampton, Spurs or Leicester would be interesting too.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

West Ham, preferably away. Fun to go to the Olympic Stadium and won't they be ahead of the game fitness wise with qualifying rounds for the Europa Cup to play, so it would be an excellent workout.

Won't we have Chesterfield in the Derbyshire Senior Cup? Replaces the Burton game which we shouldn't do when they're in our division (congrats again to them).

People have mentioned Ajax, which could be fun, but I don't expect many Championship teams will play in that style. Though they would be cheap to bring to Derby compared with many continental teams and it could be a nice final game at the iPro before we kick off again, away at Grimsby in the wind and rain in League Cup a few days later.

pton, Spurs or Leicester would be interesting too.

we will have our opening league game before the first round of the cup, probably Burton away.

I'm going to be a half-fan this summer and not go on the tour. We are going to Ireland for a few days instead.

(Hangs head)

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Southampton, Spurs or Leicester would be interesting too.

We play Chesterfield at the Proact on July 26th in Shane Nicholson's testimonial

Archived