Warnock would not be a superb choice!

Day

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"few would argue against him being the best option out there."

Can someone recommend the best method for removing a coffee stain? Just spat mine out reading that sentence.

In what way is Warnock possibly the best choice out there for Derby, and who is arguing that he is? We want to blood youth players in and build on a certain style of play that runs through the club from top to bottom.

How on earth are the majority of Derby fans in favour of hoof-ball, results-at-all-costs Warnock? We'd be found out just like last time if he was in charge.

To be fair he'd be a good choice to get out of the division but thats about it. he'd would play hoofball & win at all costs football and would be short term rather than long term

i can see someone taking a gamble on him. He'd get someone up, he'd just want sacking as soon as promotions secured 

we wouldnt appoint him, doesnt suit mels vision but i can see him taking someone half decent up  

34 minutes ago, Duracell said:

"few would argue against him being the best option out there."

Can someone recommend the best method for removing a coffee stain? Just spat mine out reading that sentence.

In what way is Warnock possibly the best choice out there for Derby, and who is arguing that he is? We want to blood youth players in and build on a certain style of play that runs through the club from top to bottom.

How on earth are the majority of Derby fans in favour of hoof-ball, results-at-all-costs Warnock? We'd be found out just like last time if he was in charge.

Moist cloth and baking soda.

55 minutes ago, David said:

@Bris Vegas what have you been smoking, Mexico's finest?

Derby County must beat Blackburn to the appointment of Neil Warnock

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/20/tt-derby-county-must-beat-blackburn-to-the-appointment-of-neil-w/?

What do you expect?

He's the same nationality as those that are considering electing Donald Trump, so you have to expect a joke candidate.

;)

Few could argue against him being the best option out there. Taking into account he is free and has about six promotions already to his name. I clearly mentioned a short-term option, not a long-term.

Get the to PL, and then we'll have the pick of a top class manager. Just like Watford have done.

He'd be my 3rd choice after Pearson and Warburton. Proven championship manager and gets the best out of his teams. The QPR team under him with the likes of Taarabt was a good team to watch, hard to beat but flair up front which is what is needed to get out of this division

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Few could argue against him being the best option out there. Taking into account he is free and has about six promotions already to his name. I clearly mentioned a short-term option, not a long-term.

What do you mean "few"?! Most of this thread will be people arguing against it...

Just now, Duracell said:

What do you mean "few"?! Most of this thread is people arguing against it!

I think the general footballing consensus recognises Warnock as a man who knows how to get promotions. There are so few options, long-term options, out there for Derby now.

Seriously - Who does Mel expect to get? A manager which can come in now, continue with our fine traditions, taking the club up and establish themselves in the PL. It's an absolute pipe-dream.

The most viable option, considering the squad we have, is to bring in somebody who knows how to get up. When we get the to PL, we can ditch him for a top quality manager like Quique Sanches Flores.

We're limited in the Championship. It's all about stepping stones now. Getting to the PL is a must for a squad which has such a hefty wage bill and vast amounts of cash spent on the playing squad.

Which available managers out there have a better track record of promotions that Warnock? Take into account it's extremely unlikely we will be paying compensation for an employed manager this summer.

Few could argue that Warnock is the best, suitable, available short-term appointment we could make...

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Clickbait. 

Clickbait is giving something a misleading title to trick you into clicking. Pretty sure nothing is misleading in this thread

Why wouldn't you want Warnock anyway, yes he wouldn't be my first choice otherwise but I'd take him if you offered him to me right now. We need to get out of this division as soon as possible with ffp after this upcoming season after our previous good work won't be taken into account after this season

He would have been the best choice after we'd booted out Clement. Was he to Rotherham already at that point??

He would undoubtedly do a good job, have us challenging and might get us over that soft centre that still gets us sometimes.

However, he's totally not what Mel wants in terms of building the club up. So Mel's not going to hire him.

I suspect it's one of two things - Wassall *perhaps with more mentoring OR someone totally left field.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Clickbait is giving something a misleading title to trick you into clicking. Pretty sure nothing is misleading in this thread

Correct. This is just vapid content generation with the sole purpose (not unlike clickbait) to get hits and generate income from ads. Unfortunately, this is what 'journalism' has been reduced to.

No, no, no, no, no.

I would much rather see us stay in the championship playing exciting, attacking football than get promoted playing hoof ball. That worked so well last time. It also seems the case to me that the most successful teams who go on to be successful in the premier league play nice football, e.g. Southampton, Swansea.

Our squad isn't set up for hoofball either.

We will see if Mel is serious about the Derby way from who he appoints. I fully agree with his ideas and I'd be disappointed if he appointed someone who didn't fit in with that philosophy.

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Correct. This is just vapid content generation with the sole purpose (not unlike clickbait) to get hits and generate income from ads. Unfortunately, this is what 'journalism' has been reduced to.

The 12 things journalists are doing to destroy their craft

The results will shock you! You won't believe #6!

Archived