Old Trafford being evacuated

froggg

1 minute ago, Cisse said:

Perhaps someone is training for next month Euros.

more likely the high profile matches at Wembley in the coming two weeks. Expect beefed up security at all matches from now on. Even if it were left behind after training exercises it shows how slack the security is prior to turnstiles opening.

ps I believe the accidentally left behind story as much as I did the "electrical fault" announcement on 7-7

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's impossible to check people coming to the stadiums well enough. A very small bit of say C4 hidden in your belt and kaboom. Or one terrorist brings in a small dose of one liquid harmless by itself and second one brings a small amount of other chemical and they got a bomb.

No way to prevent in big public places.

1 minute ago, Cisse said:

It's impossible to check people coming to the stadiums well enough. A very small bit of say C4 hidden in your belt and kaboom. Or one terrorist brings in a small dose of one liquid harmless by itself and second one brings a small amount of other chemical and they got a bomb.

No way to prevent in big public places.

And yet, in the whole history of not just football, but any sporting event taking place in a stadium, it's never happened!

Get a grip people, you're more likely to die on your way to a match in a car accident, or from eating a dodgy pie, than you are from terrorist action once there.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

And yet, in the whole history of not just football, but any sporting event taking place in a stadium, it's never happened!

Get a grip people, you're more likely to die on your way to a match in a car accident, or from eating a dodgy pie, than you are from terrorist action once there.

Yer probably right revil..but ya cant get complacent in this day and age can you really, France found that out at their match didn't they? That could have had a very different outcome.

2 minutes ago, ladyram said:

Yer probably right revil..but ya cant get complacent in this day and age can you really, France found that out at their match didn't they? That could have had a very different outcome.

Possibly, but at the end of the day they didn't gain access to the stadium and hurt no one but themselves, iirc.

Once we have the fear of doing everyday things, or even think twice about going about everyday life, the terrorists have a little victory.

39 minutes ago, rsmini said:

So why did a security firm not realise the fake bomb they used for a training excersise on Wednesday was  missing? Surely they must check before they leave Old Trafford that they have everything..

you would also hope that clubs do a security sweep of a ground before its opened up for a game.. 

Its happened before - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2631117/Police-spark-bomb-scare-football-match-accidentally-leaving-fake-explosive-device-dummy-exercise-executive-box.html

45 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Exactly.

Back under the kitchen table, people - you're just not frightened enough.

37 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Possibly, but at the end of the day they didn't gain access to the stadium and hurt no one but themselves, iirc.

Once we have the fear of doing everyday things, or even think twice about going about everyday life, the terrorists have a little victory.

One hundred percent correct. The whole point of terrorism is to prevent you from being able to enjoy everyday life, through fear. 

The best we can all do is go about our daily lives as usual.

4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

You're not wrong Revil, but I'm also open minded that sometimes these events also "deliberately" happen, maybe even as deflection stories and I seriously have a doubt any really professional security would forget they mislaid a fake for crying out?!

Who found it? Can't wait to hear the answers/excuses why this happened but I for one never believe everything I'm spoon fed

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

You're not wrong Revil, but I'm also open minded that sometimes these events also "deliberately" happen, maybe even as deflection stories and I seriously have a doubt any really professional security would forget they mislaid a fake for crying out?!

Who found it? Can't wait to hear the answers/excuses why this happened but I for one never believe everything I'm spoon fed

Some people never believe anything.

We call them 'conspiracy theorists' - and it looks as though there's a whole bunch of them in here.

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

We call them 'conspiracy theorists' - and it looks as though there's a whole bunch of them in here.

Conspiracy theorist?  Nah, not really Eddie - but I'll question to begin with if something doesn't make sense to me. I don't see that being a bit sceptical is wrong. 

And fwiw, I completely agree that terrorists want us to be scared, want to cause panic but I certainly wouldn't be put off going to matches through fear, no chance. At the same time, I expect professional security services to not make a cock up such as this.

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

It is for most people. Rynny is fortunate in that respect, comes across that he is rubbing it in a little to me. Next season's fixture could be a midweek game and it's unlikely they could get time off work and who knows if bournemouth will survive for the season after next? They interviewed some fans after and some came all the way from Azerbaijan just for this game. That's not even counting those fans who have terminal illnesses who may had an opportunity to see their team play at one of the best stadiums in the world for the one and only time in their life. All because some c*nt put this device deliberately in the toilet to cause mayhem and disruption. The only thing we can be thankful for is that no-one was injured or killed but let's not get away from the real issue here, it's a dark day for football and some people(not saying anyone on here) aren't taking it seriously enough.

Wasn't rubbing anything in at all. Just showing there are plenty of opportunities to go to OT. 2 of my visits were evening matches. If people want to go to the game they will get to the game. Not even sure why you would bring the other part up.

19 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

My mates a season tocket holder, apparently united are refunding the home and away fans their money and will let them in for free on Tuesday  

Nice for the season ticket holders that, as per normal.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nice for the season ticket holders that, as per normal.

They've refunded them as well 

ticket refunds for the united and bournmouth fans that purchased matchday tickets & entry to the rescheduled game for free

season ticket holders will also be refunded for their equivalent match day ticket price & the season ticket cards will work on the turnstiles on Tuesday night 

doesnt help the bournmouth fans that have to travel back up and probably take tuesday afternoon off work and the Wednesday morning but at least its something

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Yeah you're right Eddie, wrong forum anyway to discuss Watergate, N.W.O the bilderbergers, yet there were a few on here, on about Hillsborogh the other week, suppose conspiracy theorists are after all raging lunatics and cover ups never, ever happen anywhere :ph34r: 

Cool, people believe what they want ;)

It's kind of worrying that stadiums everywhere are a soft target for lunes, if they want to get something in it wouldn't be too difficult would it? I mean my bag kind of gets a half assed search but nothing other than that. Does anyone get patted down from our stewards? Still, something could get through, like the flare the other week, or something worse.

I think it's a bit alarming that this particular device was apparantly strapped onto a pipe and left by whoever, security or OT staff for 4 days!? 

Jeeez. H&S will be having a field day with this. Stadium staff everywhere'll be more vigilant now.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

One of 5 devices used for a practice last week according to this mornings TalkSport. Either this is all complete fabrication or someone has just lost their job.

One of the sniffer dogs is now seeking alternative employment  

8 minutes ago, Highgate said:

One of the sniffer dogs is now seeking alternative employment  

Rumour is that he's up for a position in the next cabinet reshuffle. Cameron has always been fond of arselickers.

Archived