Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

25 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

What are you talking about? We're one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. I don't care if we lost, I want performance improvements. Guessing you didn't attend the Wigan game or any of the home games this season bar Florest. We are minimal threat to other teams compared to McClarens first period in charge.

Just because we've done OK doesn't mean we can't improve, that Norwich defeat had been coming. Anyone at the Wigan game could see it was a possibility. We were dire both games, absolutely nothing going forward.

The teams who are strong defensively tend to hold their own in the prem, all this about us being low scorers is rubbish. The 'free for all' approach of mac 1 was both worked out and flawed, as we conceded much more.

I agree, the Norwich defeat was coming. The combination of Hughes out, both our first choice full backs and the low confidence of Vydra meant our tails were already down. So what's the solution? decent cover players until the first team players are back surely. A few decent loans and we'll be fine. Stop getting in such a twist, we trust in Mac,Mel and Mad-man Sam

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Get yourself down the paper shop

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Thought you'd pop down for me. I'll put the kettle on.

I'll just scan the headlines for ya Anag Ram.

British man four months pregnant.
Cough medicine con.
Danny Simpson's ex says she will drop maintenance demands if he gives her another baby.
OAP tax hike.
Through the Keyhole viewers amazed at Sid Owen's mansion.
Danniella Westbrook seen leaving estate agents with new keys.
Wolverhampton crowned randiest place in Britain.
Man Utds Juan Mata goes bowling and scores a strike.
Antonio Conte hair transplant.
Arson attack on Kevin Webster's garage.
Magician David Blaine shoots himself.
Mystic Meg.
Bolt found in Aldi steak.

20 million "treasure chest"..................-another Katie Price story!

two sugars please pal. :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

'Derby County owner Mel Morris has further strengthened his club's position as serious promotion contenders by promising a treasure chest of £20 million'

I don't get this. It is really frustrating when people (E.g.Dyche) claim that we have massive purchasing power because we have a rich owner. It matters not how rich your owner is, it matters how much money the club makes. FFP ensured this. That's why clubs that come down from the premier league can outbid all the others - they have all that parachute money to waste! 

Providing a 20mill warchest is either bs or extremely risky predicated on an assumption that we'll get to the promised land with its pot of gold (and thus stay within FFP parameters). I think it's probably bs. 

Or Hughes is on his way....

6 minutes ago, RamO said:

I don't get this. It is really frustrating when people (E.g.Dyche) claim that we have massive purchasing power because we have a rich owner. It matters not how rich your owner is, it matters how much money the club makes. FFP ensured this. That's why clubs that come down from the premier league can outbid all the others - they have all that parachute money to waste! 

Providing a 20mill warchest is either bs or extremely risky predicated on an assumption that we'll get to the promised land with its pot of gold (and thus stay within FFP parameters). I think it's probably bs. 

Or Hughes is on his way....

And this is why you don't trust the internet, I've no idea what is really in the paper today, and what I wrote was in no way true, but it shows people are willing to believe it. I'm literally reposting a paper headline back when Mel first bought the club ;)

Although the statement is probably just as likely to be true as anything Nixon ever writes :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I'll just scan the headlines for ya Anag Ram.

British man four months pregnant.
Cough medicine con.
Danny Simpson's ex says she will drop maintenance demands if he gives her another baby.
OAP tax hike.
Through the Keyhole viewers amazed at Sid Owen's mansion.
Danniella Westbrook seen leaving estate agents with new keys.
Wolverhampton crowned randiest place in Britain.
Man Utds Juan Mata goes bowling and scores a strike.
Antonio Conte hair transplant.
Arson attack on Kevin Webster's garage.
Magician David Blaine shoots himself.
Mystic Meg.
Bolt found in Aldi steak.

20 million "treasure chest"..................-another Katie Price story!

two sugars please pal. :thumbsup:

Sad to hear that like an old racehorse, Usain Bolt has met an untimely end.

I don't want to think about the goings on in Wolverhampton.

Amazingly, of all the stories the Mel one sounds most unlikely.

I've made your tea but I do live in Bristol 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Sad to hear that like an old racehorse, Usain Bolt has met an untimely end.

I don't want to think about the goings on in Wolverhampton.

Amazingly, of all the stories the Mel one sounds most unlikely.

I've made your tea but I do live in Bristol 

No problem............I've got a flask! :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

And this is why you don't trust the internet, I've no idea what is really in the paper today, and what I wrote was in no way true, but it shows people are willing to believe it. I'm literally reposting a paper headline back when Mel first bought the club ;)

Although the statement is probably just as likely to be true as anything Nixon ever writes :ph34r:

Lol. Got me.

Albiet a slightly odd thing to do...

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived