Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Middlesbrough and Derby doing a deal. Not Rhodes either. More details to follow ...

Please not Nugent...

I called this yesterday, putting it (in code) on p.54 the transfer suggestions thread. But can you work it out?

[Note my source was pretty sure it was the guy in the clue, with the other alternative being Carlos de Pena. But he thought it was almost certainly the guy in my clue]

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I called this yesterday, putting it (in code) on p.54 the transfer suggestions thread. But can you work it out?

[Note my source was pretty sure it was the guy in the clue, with the other alternative being Carlos de Pena. But he thought it was almost certainly the guy in my clue]

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby trying to sign De Sart from Middlesbrough. Loan. But still depends on medical.

No points for any of the guesses...

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Never heard of him, any clues as to where he plays?

This is the guy (I announced yesterday). Very promising CDM from Standard Liege before Boro. A loan in the original George Thorne mould.

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Never heard of him, any clues as to where he plays?

Bloody he'll, aren't you following this thread? Middlesbrough!!!

Actually Belgian defensive midfielder. Hope that doesn't mean George has had a further setback.

IMO we need wide players that can beat a man one on one instead of passing it back every damn time or having to have an overlap. For me this is one of the main reasons we score so little, we don't pass the ball quick enough to get in behind so we need more out wide. Ibe was the last player we had out there that was what we needed, Ince can do it in spurts depending on confidence. All we do is pass the ball across the pitch look at each other to do something with it, we need to change it up ASAP.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

IMO we need wide players that can beat a man one on one instead of passing it back every damn time or having to have an overlap. For me this is one of the main reasons we score so little, we don't pass the ball quick enough to get in behind so we need more out wide. Ibe was the last player we had out there that was what we needed, Ince can do it in spurts depending on confidence. All we do is pass the ball across the pitch look at each other to do something with it, we need to change it up ASAP.

Amazing what first defeat in god knows how long can do.

Just now, KBB said:

Amazing what first defeat in god knows how long can do.

What are you talking about? We're one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. I don't care if we lost, I want performance improvements. Guessing you didn't attend the Wigan game or any of the home games this season bar Florest. We are minimal threat to other teams compared to McClarens first period in charge.

Just because we've done OK doesn't mean we can't improve, that Norwich defeat had been coming. Anyone at the Wigan game could see it was a possibility. We were dire both games, absolutely nothing going forward.

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

What are you talking about? We're one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. I don't care if we lost, I want performance improvements. Guessing you didn't attend the Wigan game or any of the home games this season bar Florest. We are minimal threat to other teams compared to McClarens first period in charge.

Just because we've done OK doesn't mean we can't improve, that Norwich defeat had been coming. Anyone at the Wigan game could see it was a possibility. We were dire both games, absolutely nothing going forward.

Brilliant. Yeah I've only been to one game this season.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Don't counter my points and arguments in either post, a worthwhile contribution.

Considering your insightful post was to suggest I have only been to the forest game I thought I would respond as such.

sure we are not setting the goal scoring tables alight, don't forget however that averages will be massively impacted by the fact we didn't score for ages under Pearson. Those games will impact the average over games significantly.

since Mac has come in we have gone on a fantastic run of games where we have broken clean sheet records, hardly lost a game and seen the form of players previous written of improve significantly. It's no surprise that Tom Ince has the best goal scoring form at this club under the stewardship of Mac.

having seen the night and day turn around I'm not worried in the slightest. Wigan was anti football and we were crap at Norwich. As Mac says it was a game too far, fat Sam has said it at palace too. The effort, mentally and physically, the players have put in to reverse the ineptitude of persons tenure has been astonishing. I think they deserve a little more respect, time, judgement and patience to declare after two poor results it needs to change ASAP.

baby out with bath water is not what the Wigan and Norwich games need.

Just now, KBB said:

Considering your insightful post was to suggest I have only been to the forest game I thought I would respond as such.

sure we are not setting the goal scoring tables alight, don't forget however that averages will be massively impacted by the fact we didn't score for ages under Pearson. Those games will impact the average over games significantly.

since Mac has come in we have gone on a fantastic run of games where we have broken clean sheet records, hardly lost a game and seen the form of players previous written of improve significantly. It's no surprise that Tom Ince has the best goal scoring form at this club under the stewardship of Mac.

having seen the night and day turn around I'm not worried in the slightest. Wigan was anti football and we were crap at Norwich. As Mac says it was a game too far, fat Sam has said it at palace too. The effort, mentally and physically, the players have put in to reverse the ineptitude of persons tenure has been astonishing. I think they deserve a little more respect, time, judgement and patience to declare after two poor results it needs to change ASAP.

baby out with bath water is not what the Wigan and Norwich games need.

Where did I advocate baby out with the bathwater though? All I suggested was playing with wingers that take on a man to give us more going forward. Our passing is slow, too slow and everyone can see it even RD moan about it. We had a good run but when the confidence drops it will hit us harder because we don't play as positive as we did Steve's first time around.

Imagine this: Ince on the right and a winger on the left that will isolate a RB and beat him with no need of an overlap. Then get Johnson more advanced bursting in to the box or waiting on the edge for knockdowns. Think we've lost loads going forward without Forsyth and Christie mind. Wigan have set the blueprint now, if we keep playing in front of teams I suspect we'll drop more points.

As good as our form has been the games have been grinding mostly, hardly free flowing football. You need to be on the front foot, we should change it now the window is open. Seems Steve agrees, balance needs adjusting slightly.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

Where did I advocate baby out with the bathwater though? All I suggested was playing with wingers that take on a man to give us more going forward. Our passing is slow, too slow and everyone can see it even RD moan about it. We had a good run but when the confidence drops it will hit us harder because we don't play as positive as we did Steve's first time around.

Imagine this: Ince on the right and a winger on the left that will isolate a RB and beat him with no need of an overlap. Then get Johnson more advanced bursting in to the box or waiting on the edge for knockdowns. Think we've lost loads going forward without Forsyth and Christie mind. Wigan have set the blueprint now, if we keep playing in front of teams I suspect we'll drop more points.

As good as our form has been the games have been grinding mostly, hardly free flowing football. You need to be on the front foot, we should change it now the window is open. Seems Steve agrees, balance needs adjusting slightly.

Agree with you 100% bud, but for me it's a gradual evolution. It was the use of ASAP that I took as baby out with bath water.

the interest in sako, possibly skannel as well as developing links with midfielders, seems to add weight to the theory we are looking to develop our midfield too.

one thing that is noticeable is Butterfield has obviously been asked/told to drop into the left back position to take the ball from the defenders, been happening for the last 4 games or so. Think this is directly due to the constant changing of the left back position and the impact it has on team. It has had a negative impact on butterfields game for sure.

the slow passing is something that we will have to get used to, especially at home. When teams play deep, unless it's on a counter attack it will be slow passing, sideways passing, keep ball. We have to be patient and wait for teams to lose shape, concentration, fail to track a runner. It's frustrating, but it's th modern way I'm afraid.

Archived