When will a new manager be appointed

1of4

When Mel sacked Clement he must have ordered Rush to start the search for a new manager. As anyone been found and if so when will they start?  I`m hoping the right person is appointed this time and they start next week.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Wassall. I believe this is the man that Mel wanted. Someone that had worked with the youngsters and could bring them through. Someone who was versed in "the Derby Way" 

Mel went on record saying that promotion was not a priority to take the pressure off and Sam Rush was on the radio defending Darren's record. Even Harry was brought in to help him out. 

There never was another manager. If there had of been then they would have come in by now. Darren was always the plan and I would not be suprised to see him as the manager next season. 

Didn't Mel say he wanted performances, it could be easily argued that those performances have just not happened enough.

Clement was sacked and we were only 5 pts off autos, Wassall given the job and we ended up 11 pts off the autos.

Not sure how anybody can justify giving the job to Wassall.

To be honest the season has been a disaster since last August..........

Sith Happens

I just cant see it being wassall, that 2nd half just proves it - they should have come out fired up and going for it in the 2nd half but it just got worse and worse.

I think early on i was expecting him to return to the academy and someone more experienced take over, but i dont think that will happen now, i think he will leave the club.

I still dont think this squad is far off challenging and dont think it needs massive changes, the biggest signing we make this summer will be the manager.

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

When Mel sacked Clement he must have ordered Rush to start the search for a new manager. As anyone been found and if so when will they start?  I`m hoping the right person is appointed this time and they start next week.

Why must he of,  your opening statement is flawed, Morris gave the job to Wassall potentially permanently on a trial before you buy basis. I can't see any good managers waiting around to see if Wassall did get the job or not if other offers came up in the interim

Would this result effect the so called "Manager lined up" scenario, if we had Brendan Rogers lined up surely this scuppers this happening? Brendan wouldnt drop out the Prem, personally think a Mr Pearson is the man, the reasoning behind this is that many jobs have come and gone at the back end of this season and he hasn't bitten, his team won the Prem and yet no offers? really? 

The amount of fans Derby would Alienate by appointing Wassell full time could have serious negative repercussions towards the club. 

The atmosphere at Rotherham for example was absolutely toxic towards Wassell, the atmosphere yesterday towards him was toxic too. 

I think Wassell is a nice bloke, not got a problem to him as a person but I don't think he can take the reigns full time. We need character, and a sense of identity again. Something we've lacked all season!  With candidates such as; Pearson, Rodgers, Martinez and many more out there it would be a huge step backwards not to get one in 

4 hours ago, toddy said:

Really? Top at Christmas, finished 5th, spent some money (not all signings have been badduns) had some excitement on and off the field (not the type of excitement many would want I suppose but kept me interested), periodically played some decent stuff (though not reaching the heights we all wanted obviously).  Not a 'disaster' at all when looked at a bit more dispassionately. 

When compared to expectations, then I would class the season as 'very disappointing' at worst.  When compared to most seasons I've watched them, then this has still been relatively successful.  Not exciting or what I wanted, but any year we reach the play offs can't be all bad can it (particularly when you consider that there were other teams who want to get promoted too damn them all)?

I know I'm probably being a bit pedantic and this is just a bit of harmless hyperbole. I'm not happy. I'm very disappointed. But lets get some perspective. Disasters have happened to this club and this season hasn't even got close to being the worst in recent memory.

13 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Announcement is next month. 

4 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

The amount of fans Derby would Alienate by appointing Wassell full time could have serious negative repercussions towards the club. 

The atmosphere at Rotherham for example was absolutely toxic towards Wassell, the atmosphere yesterday towards him was toxic too. 

I think Wassell is a nice bloke, not got a problem to him as a person but I don't think he can take the reigns full time. We need character, and a sense of identity again. Something we've lacked all season!  With candidates such as; Pearson, Rodgers, Martinez and many more out there it would be a huge step backwards not to get one in 

Pearson = Villa

Rodgers = Swansea 

Martinez = no way likely to drop down to the Championship 

Next candidates please

11 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Pearson = Villa

Rodgers = Swansea 

Martinez = no way likely to drop down to the Championship 

Next candidates please

Rogers not happening, as the incumabant has signed a 2 year deal after Rogers and Chairman could not agree on future signings...And it was days ago, please keep up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36280188

So I am hoping it is him as the other 2 do not inspire me.

5 hours ago, LazloW said:

Really? Top at Christmas, finished 5th, spent some money (not all signings have been badduns) had some excitement on and off the field (not the type of excitement many would want I suppose but kept me interested), periodically played some decent stuff (though not reaching the heights we all wanted obviously).  Not a 'disaster' at all when looked at a bit more dispassionately. 

When compared to expectations, then I would class the season as 'very disappointing' at worst.  When compared to most seasons I've watched them, then this has still been relatively successful.  Not exciting or what I wanted, but any year we reach the play offs can't be all bad can it (particularly when you consider that there were other teams who want to get promoted too damn them all)?

I know I'm probably being a bit pedantic and this is just a bit of harmless hyperbole. I'm not happy. I'm very disappointed. But lets get some perspective. Disasters have happened to this club and this season hasn't even got close to being the worst in recent memory.

Close to 40 million spent, played a hand full of games were we actually played well for 90 mins, played some of the most slow boring football I have witnessed  in 40 years.

We were favorites to go up at the start of the season, bookies , pundits and possibly most fans.

Finishing 5th -11 pts from the autos is not positive finishing with all the big names we have.

If we were all informed at the start of the season finishing 5th and being dismantled at home in the play offs was the best you can hope for, there would have been hell on........It has been a disaster 

25 minutes ago, toddy said:

Close to 40 million spent, played a hand full of games were we actually played well for 90 mins, played some of the most slow boring football I have witnessed  in 40 years.

We were favorites to go up at the start of the season, bookies , pundits and possibly most fans.

Finishing 5th -11 pts from the autos is not positive finishing with all the big names we have.

If we were all informed at the start of the season finishing 5th and being dismantled at home in the play offs was the best you can hope for, there would have been hell on........It has been a disaster 

Didn't say it'd been a 'good' season (personally, I haven't found it that bad but I'm obviously very easily pleased) and that Imcould understand it would be 'disappointing' to a lot of fans.  

However, if you think this has been a disaster, then I doubt the adjectives exist for some of what you must have seen in your 40 years of watching.  By the by, if you've been watching this long then you'd know that money buys nothing and we've pretty much been here before in terms of being big spenders and not going up. Life went on. 

29 minutes ago, toddy said:

Close to 40 million spent

Eh?

Is that a David Cameron 'fact' or a Boris Johnson 'fact'?

11 hours ago, toddy said:

Didn't Mel say he wanted performances, it could be easily argued that those performances have just not happened enough.

Clement was sacked and we were only 5 pts off autos, Wassall given the job and we ended up 11 pts off the autos.

Not sure how anybody can justify giving the job to Wassall.

Could be worse, at least it's not this guy returning.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR893CAC2Ry-mv3xs21ihM

Archived