When will a new manager be appointed

1of4

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Managers usually appointed in June. There's lots out there. And good ones too. Available without compo. Biggest appointment in years for the club, and if it is Wassall, things could turn very toxic. 

What do you mean 'could' turn very toxic? I think we've been looking at toxic in the rear view mirror for a very long time! :ph34r:

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

What do you mean 'could' turn very toxic? I think we've been looking at toxic in the rear view mirror for a very long time! :ph34r:

Haha. True. But usually a fresh season brings a long a fresh start. With Wassall appointed, the toxic atmosphere could continue into the summer and into next season. A poor start could result in chaos. 

After the McClaren debacle, Clement & Morris brought great optimism and excitement. McClaren was forgotten pretty quickly. 

7 hours ago, LazloW said:

Really? Top at Christmas, finished 5th, spent some money (not all signings have been badduns) had some excitement on and off the field (not the type of excitement many would want I suppose but kept me interested), periodically played some decent stuff (though not reaching the heights we all wanted obviously).  Not a 'disaster' at all when looked at a bit more dispassionately. 

When compared to expectations, then I would class the season as 'very disappointing' at worst.  When compared to most seasons I've watched them, then this has still been relatively successful.  Not exciting or what I wanted, but any year we reach the play offs can't be all bad can it (particularly when you consider that there were other teams who want to get promoted too damn them all)?

I know I'm probably being a bit pedantic and this is just a bit of harmless hyperbole. I'm not happy. I'm very disappointed. But lets get some perspective. Disasters have happened to this club and this season hasn't even got close to being the worst in recent memory.

Fair point but not filling the ground for a semi final and the team not turning up [again] might not be a disaster but all is definitely not well down at the Ipro.

Obviously Mel Morris has sound business sense from the fortune he's amassed which is what makes me very nervous about the next appointment - getting rid of an inexperienced Championship coach without a feasible replacement and replacing them with an even  less experienced coach hardly drips of business acumen. Not sure who is advising him tbh.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Eh?

Is that a David Cameron 'fact' or a Boris Johnson 'fact'?

That's the market value of our assembled squad.

£40.35 million

If some like BJ may not be worth what the market value we paid

1 hour ago, toddy said:

That's the market value of our assembled squad.

£40.35 million

If some like BJ may not be worth what the market value we paid

Assuming your valuation is correct, and I have no reason to suppose that it isn't (but equally I have no reason to suppose that it is either), but for the sake of argument, let's assume you are spot on....

Could you pull me 6 lottery numbers out of where you got the valuation from as well?

1 hour ago, TopRam said:

I still think Mel will appoint Waffle 

Oh, I hope so.

Just so I can watch your brain explode.

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I just cant see it being wassall, that 2nd half just proves it - they should have come out fired up and going for it in the 2nd half but it just got worse and worse.

I think early on i was expecting him to return to the academy and someone more experienced take over, but i dont think that will happen now, i think he will leave the club.

I still dont think this squad is far off challenging and dont think it needs massive changes, the biggest signing we make this summer will be the manager.

Why would Wassall need to fire up any adult male footballer to give their best to get into Premiership and double their wages? They had tried their best, knew it was not working and had no obvious, further ideas. We met a better, stronger unit on the day. Our players looked leggy from the kick off to me. Should never have played against Ipswich. Sheff Wed dropped ten players against Wolves and looked full of running against Brighton.  Hull players had been rested in recent games. Common sense really.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

Assuming your valuation is correct, and I have no reason to suppose that it isn't (but equally I have no reason to suppose that it is either), but for the sake of argument, let's assume you are spot on....

Could you pull me 6 lottery numbers out of where you got the valuation from as well?

At least Wassall has bought in to 'adding value to players' part of The Derby Way. I make that about £15m he's added in the last 4 months.

23 minutes ago, Rampage said:

They had tried their best, knew it was not working and had no obvious, further ideas.

I'm sorry @Rampage because the big issue there was not just that the players had no ideas - it was the manager. The job of the manager/coach is to correct errors on the pitch - tactically we had it wrong and it could have been corrected but DW failed to do so.  You will not be able to point out a time when he charged players to change shape/move into different areas/ play in any modified way, as it did not,  categorically, happen. (Until Bent Came on and it was too late)

It is also the role of the manager to stop players having body language attacks too (Martin/Ince) and to have a plan B and finally to say that he (the manager) had made tactical errors that contributed to the defeat and not gloss it into fairy B*S* language.

it is also about time that we found a manager that realises that 4-3-3 and Martin is not always the answer. Perhaps maybe we had that at Christmas and he was sacked for saying so; who knows?

56 minutes ago, eddie said:

www.transfermarkt.co.uk

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

At least Wassall has bought in to 'adding value to players' part of The Derby Way. I make that about £15m he's added in the last 4 months.

I would have thought the value would have halved with the diabolical performance from yesterday.

One thing I noticed yesterday, and that was Chris Martin clapping his hands together and geeing his teammates up just before the 1st restart. 

Doesn't fit in with the narrative he's an individualistic lazy show pony I know, but it definitely happened.

38 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Whilst I cannot for one minute argue that Darren wassall has yet been successful,  I really cannot understand why fans should feel toxic towards him.

So if Mel appointed Darren are we really saying as supporters that we would not support him and the team?

I despair if so.

I would - and seeing as he is in the hotseat at the moment, I do. The minute he is relieved of his position, I won't. That's how it's always been with me. It probably explains why I just don't get too worked up, win or lose, and why after Saturday, I'm stll happy to go to Hull on Tuesday full of hope (note - hope, not expectation - I'm not a complete idiot).

Archived