Those that booed Blackman...

Mos_Ram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

It makes me so angry when people do this. Why are we called supporters if we boo our own players before they've even come on? Why are we called supporters when we moan at every tiny mistake? Why are we called supporters when the ground is half-empty by the time the full-time whistle has blown? Yes, changes are needed but the biggest change necessary is probably the attitudes of our so called "supporters".

They weren't booing Blackman - it was because fans thought our manager was taking off Bryson, who was coming over for a drink. As for booing, it is wrong to boo individuals but the frustration today was understandable and Wassall deserves all the booing he gets.

I still think blackman will come good

i still think we should have played him last three games of the season to give him a run in to try to settle in the side and find some form. Instead captain dick head turned out the first 11 for the last three games so they looked tired todag and we were rellying on bringing on blackman that  hasnt played much. Them last three games should have been used to intergrate blackman and a couple of others into the side and work on our plan B 

wassall is utterly clueless at senior management level, this is understandsble as he hasnt been a first team manager before. But he's had months now to learn from his mistakes which he hasnt and which is unforgivable

same for morris, he has the club at heart but he needs to learn from this seasons mistakes & if he cant then employ someone that can. Like Abramovich, bank rolls chelski but employs some of the best footballing brains to look after the footballing side   

10 minutes ago, Jayram said:

They weren't booing Blackman - it was because fans thought our manager was taking off Bryson, who was coming over for a drink. As for booing, it is wrong to boo individuals but the frustration today was understandable and Wassall deserves all the booing he gets.

They were booing blackman. The booing of thinking bryson was being subbed was a totally different substitution. 

50 minutes ago, toldu said:

Bet Blackman wishes he had gone to Wednesday............................ and Shackell looks as though he is completely p..... that he didn't stay at Burnley

To be fair I'm also pretty p..... that he didn't stay at Burnley.

Hull had packed their defence....needed someone with a bit of muscle like Bent (who actually knows where the goal is).
Blackman could have been blown over by the wind (after a bit of showboating on the wing).

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

i still think we should have played him last three games of the season to give him a run in to try to settle in the side and find some form. Instead captain dick head turned out the first 11 for the last three games so they looked tired todag and we were rellying on bringing on blackman that  hasnt played much. Them last three games should have been used to intergrate blackman and a couple of others into the side and work on our plan B 

wassall is utterly clueless at senior management level, this is understandsble as he hasnt been a first team manager before. But he's had months now to learn from his mistakes which he hasnt and which is unforgivable

same for morris, he has the club at heart but he needs to learn from this seasons mistakes & if he cant then employ someone that can. Like Abramovich, bank rolls chelski but employs some of the best footballing brains to look after the footballing side   

What has he shown for you to arrive at this opinion? Wassall tried to get Blackman on to integrate him into the side at Rotherham and his complete anonymity was a major contributing factor in us chucking a 3 goal lead.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

What has he shown for you to arrive at this opinion? Wassall tried to get Blackman on to integrate him into the side at Rotherham and his complete anonymity was a major contributing factor in us chucking a 3 goal lead.

I think he's shown glimpses (and only very small glimpses) of quality. He looks like he has some ability and dont think he's as bad as some make out. At times he's looked dangerous, got in good positions but fluffed his opportunities. I just think the man needs a goal and he'll push on 

Some players come in and hit the ground running and some need time to settle in. I might be wrong and his face simply doesn't fit but id have have rather given him chance in the last three games to build some confidence in case we needed him to come off the bench as an option rather than bring him off the bench in one of our most important games this seasonafter no real run in the side.

If he'd have played in them three games at least he'd either

A- found some form to be ready for the playoffs if needed

B- we'd have had more time to judge him as not good enough and used someone else (wiemann) on the bench as our other option in one of our most important games of the season

i just feel our last three games were wasted & it was the perfect time to play a mix of first team players and fringe players to formulate a plan B which we didnt have today 

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

What has he shown for you to arrive at this opinion?

Earlier on in the season when DW was appointed, I stated that at least we need to give him the time. Well judgement day was today.

Today was crass and naïve, it was obvious what was wrong after 20 minutes but DW did not even look like he could understand the situation.

Roly-poly Bruce (but clearly animated) had tactically outsmarted him so it needed to be addressed. That's what good managers do, - they course correct. My seat is almost behind DW; no barking orders, no waving hands, no discussions with the players, no changes; just nothing. I'm afraid that is not good enough. Moreover the problem is caused when better teams can outplay 433. (yes and Martin/Ince and Russell are part of this)

At least Clement, I think, had identified this scenario and hence Blackman and Camara; different shape, different options. Therefore let's give Blackman his chance as he cannot do worse than Martin doing a mardy.

My only criticism of Morris is that he blamed the sacking of Clement on football matters when it clearly wasn't, I can only assume that he has a first class replacement for Wassall, waiting in the wings, that can be named after Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

People were clearly booing the decision by Wassell. The fact that some of you think it was the fans booing the player then good luck to you bright bunch. 

There is a total sheethead who regularly shouts abuse at Derby players, sits a few seats to my right, and he most certainly was booing and shouting 'eff off Blackman you ****' (my asterisks) when he came on.

21 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Earlier on in the season when DW was appointed, I stated that at least we need to give him the time. Well judgement day was today.

Today was crass and naïve, it was obvious what was wrong after 20 minutes but DW did not even look like he could understand the situation.

Roly-poly Bruce (but clearly animated) had tactically outsmarted him so it needed to be addressed. That's what good managers do, - they course correct. My seat is almost behind DW; no barking orders, no waving hands, no discussions with the players, no changes; just nothing. I'm afraid that is not good enough. Moreover the problem is caused when better teams can outplay 433. (yes and Martin/Ince and Russell are part of this)

At least Clement, I think, had identified this scenario and hence Blackman and Camara; different shape, different options. Therefore let's give Blackman his chance as he cannot do worse than Martin doing a mardy.

My only criticism of Morris is that he blamed the sacking of Clement on football matters when it clearly wasn't, I can only assume that he has a first class replacement for Wassall, waiting in the wings, that can be named after Tuesday.

He can and has done worse than "Martin doing a mardy" on almost every occasion he's played for us. He's a bad buy from an under pressure manager who was looking to bring in allies, rather than players who would actually help our team. I hope I'm wrong and Blackman tears up the championship next season, but nothing he's done at Derby or in his entire career besides a three month purple patch at Reading supports that notion.

To be honest, i can understand fans who boo when players don't give 100%. It's very frustrating to pay your money and watch highly paid professional footballers, wearing your team's shirt and not give it their all.  What else can fans do to show their disapproval of an unacceptable level of commitment to the club?  

But it doesn't make any sense to me to boo a player who is trying but just playing badly.  Surely it will just knock their confidence even further.  Equally it's not fair to boo a player on to the pitch, it's not his fault that the manager has chosen to bring him on.  I'm not trying to tell fans what not to do when they've paid their money to watch the Rams, but booing in this situations seems totally unfair and entirely counter-productive to the team's chance of success. 

29 minutes ago, eddie said:

There is a total sheethead who regularly shouts abuse at Derby players, sits a few seats to my right, and he most certainly was booing and shouting 'eff off Blackman you ****' (my asterisks) when he came on.

Don't understand the mentality of people who boo individual players; what good is it going to do? If its really is true that Blackman was booed when coming on then those fans should hang their heads in shame. 

At lot of frustration today.

We all have heard ridiculous abuse of players from the stands.

I hate booing of our own, hate it when frustration gets the better of the crowd, it did today. It was clearly the decision bring booed not Blackman who hasn't been Stella but doesn't deserve grief for it.

The worst is when the team are trying to do the right things and not quite pulling it off and you hear a ton of negativity.

14 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Don't understand the mentality of people who boo individual players; what good is it going to do? If its really is true that Blackman was booed when coming on then those fans should hang their heads in shame. 

I can't even understand why people boo at the end. Do they honestly think that the Derby players under-performed deliberately? (OK, we know that @TroyDyer thinks that, but he's a couple of bridesmaids short of a wedding ;)). It's easy to say "Oh, xyz is paid a huge amount every week, therefore we are entitled (that word again) to better" - but players do have bad days, teams have bad days, managers have bad days - and the opposite is the case too. Hull were better than Derby - a lot better - in every single department of the game today. It happens. Six weeks ago, the opposite was the case.

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

I can't even understand why people boo at the end. Do they honestly think that the Derby players under-performed deliberately? (OK, we know that @TroyDyer thinks that, but he's a couple of bridesmaids short of a wedding ;)). It's easy to say "Oh, xyz is paid a huge amount every week, therefore we are entitled (that word again) to better" - but players do have bad days, teams have bad days, managers have bad days - and the opposite is the case too. Hull were better than Derby - a lot better - in every single department of the game today. It happens. Six weeks ago, the opposite was the case.

Today was one of those days when our manager and players got found out by a much better team managed by a much more experienced and canny manager. My overriding feeling at the end was that of relief, that apart from playing for pride next Tuesday this lousy season is over and we can look forward to a fresh start with I hope a new man at the helm. Life is too short to lose the plot booing our own players. Personally I've got two great holidays coming up this summer and I can now look forward to them knowing that come next August I will be just as excited for the new season as I always am!

3 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Agree with everything you said, apart from the but about Blackman ever coming good....he is sh1te, will never come good and will never score 5 goals for us 

Archived