Those that booed Blackman...

Mos_Ram

on to the pitch, hang your heads in shame. He has no way justified his price tag, but what chance has he had? In and out of the squad, never mind the team and probably less than three full games in terms of minutes (don't quote me on that, I haven't added it up). Booing him on to the pitch achieves nothing; the negativity puts the whole team on the back foot, as if they already didn't have a mountain to climb.

I sit in the West Upper and have to listen to my fair share of negativity, but I'm afraid those that boo a player on to the pitch. Despite how little they've achieve in their limited Derby career, is no fan of my club.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me so angry when people do this. Why are we called supporters if we boo our own players before they've even come on? Why are we called supporters when we moan at every tiny mistake? Why are we called supporters when the ground is half-empty by the time the full-time whistle has blown? Yes, changes are needed but the biggest change necessary is probably the attitudes of our so called "supporters".

To those of you who think booing our players or manager will help at all, you are the 'bright bunch'. 

You harp on about things being embarrassing but you show yourselves up. The opposition get an extra 20% out of their players and fans when you start. Well done. 

I thought to myself "oh that's the last thing we need" when we brought Blackman on, especially for Russell instead of Ince. 

I want to hold my hands up and say he wasn't terrible today. He looked bright and positive when he had the ball, trying to get it forward quickly, and his control was above average. I think he will hang around next season and after today I'm not too upset about that

@Uptherams I don't claim to be the brightest, but I have enough between the ears to identify one boo for Russell when coming off - aimed towards the decision makers - and another when the player coming on takes to the pitch. Russell was knackered, as were others. 

Archived