Roberto Martinez

SantosHalper

On a thread a few weeks ago, I suggested Gary Monk as a potential new manager, and I got shot down by a few people. That was and is assuming, of course, that Darren Wassall won't get the job full-time. 

But now Roberto Martinez has been sacked by Everton, I'm installing him as my own personal favourite for the Derby job. 

Shoot me down again - have at you! 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consider yourself shot.

The results he's got out of the talent at his disposal at Everton are a disgrace.

12 minutes ago, needles said:

Consider yourself shot.

The results he's got out of the talent at his disposal at Everton are a disgrace.

Results wise, second best Everton manager in the last 25 years. Win percentage only 2% behind Moyes.

23 minutes ago, sage said:

Results wise, second best Everton manager in the last 25 years. Win percentage only 2% behind Moyes.

Inherited a very good squad from Moyes, spent and got worse. Frittered away the organisation and grit the Moyes team had.

Shambles this year with a squad which would surely have challenged for top 4 under Moyes.

7 hours ago, needles said:

Inherited a very good squad from Moyes, spent and got worse. Frittered away the organisation and grit the Moyes team had.

Shambles this year with a squad which would surely have challenged for top 4 under Moyes.

I'm not suggesting I want him for our next manager, but I think people are over egging the 'fail' button as usual.

There are many many people i would have ahead of martinez. He did well for 1 season with Everton and they shelled out a load of money, this season they were pathetic in a really open season. 

He really isn't someone i would like to see at this club ahead of many others. 

Archived