Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

I think Wisdom would be good business at £3 million. Think he'd rather join Celtic, but he could challenge for the CB and RB spots, or could make up a decent five at the back - which Pearson isn't abject to trying!

Olsson                                            Christie

Shackell      Keogh     Wisdom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Matt derbyshire on a free transfear he might be worth a punt.

He's already signed for a new club, Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus. And even if he hadn't already moved I'd hope we would be aiming for someone a lot better than Derbyshire. 

1 hour ago, muzzamurray said:

tbf, id rather have wisdom going forward than christie, but thats my opinion

Can't  agree with you there . Wisdoms' strength was his defending and would be much more suited to a centre back role than Christie would.

1 hour ago, muzzamurray said:

tbf, id rather have wisdom going forward than christie, but thats my opinion

Entitled to it mate. My opinion is that Wisdom is more sound defensively of the two, with Cyrus offering pace and running up and down the flank. Of course, it's all hypothetical

2 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

I think Wisdom would be good business at £3 million. Think he'd rather join Celtic, but he could challenge for the CB and RB spots, or could make up a decent five at the back - which Pearson isn't abject to trying!

Olsson                                            Christie

Shackell      Keogh     Wisdom

I hope we do go with that defensive system to be honest. Keogh/Shack/Wisdom as the three starting centre backs and then Rawson, Hanson, Forsyth and perhaps a cheap new signing (Wasilewski from Leicester maybe) providing ample cover. Midfield three and Martin and one other up top.

If we are looking to sell Butterfield after what's happened then..

Butterfield and £2/3 million for Nahki Wells? (£8 million in total with JB's fee?)

Is Wisdom definitely available and for £3 million? Snap their hands off at that. Natural position is CB. Can obviously do a job at RB, but in a 3/5 be more than ideal.

22 minutes ago, Walsall_Ram said:

If we are looking to sell Butterfield after what's happened then..

Butterfield and £2/3 million for Nahki Wells? (£8 million in total with JB's fee?)

Is Wisdom definitely available and for £3 million? Snap their hands off at that. Natural position is CB. Can obviously do a job at RB, but in a 3/5 be more than ideal.

Yeah but unfortunatly with the wisdom situation is that he is heavily linked to celtic, don't get me wrong great club, champions league every season but, i feel he'd be better off at us than them..

Martin              Wells/Bent

Ince

Hughes            Hendrick/Bryson

Forsyth/Olsson                                                       Christie

Shackell     Keogh/Rawson      Wisdom

Carson

Looks good to me that does, people like Butterfield (CM/10) and Weimann (as a 10/Striker) that could do a job in that system as well. and I think that this would get the best out of Ince

I know this is probably absolutely nothing and i know VERY little about the player other than his drinking antics but i saw Jack Graelish yesterday outside the done up Mackworth Hotel (not sure if its name now). He was on his own didn't see anyone else about, i was in slow moving traffic so had a good nosey lol.

On 20 June 2016 at 16:38, Joel Stanley said:

Martin              Wells/Bent

Ince

Hughes            Hendrick/Bryson

Forsyth/Olsson                                                       Christie

Shackell     Keogh/Rawson      Wisdom

Carson

Looks good to me that does, people like Butterfield (CM/10) and Weimann (as a 10/Striker) that could do a job in that system as well. and I think that this would get the best out of Ince

Another football manager player. That team would get killed playing a formation like that.

16 hours ago, RESS511 said:

Leicester have signed Luis Hernandez who is a centre back. This will probably mean there's a better chance of Moore or Wasilewski leaving. Both were managed by Pearson so I can see one of them coming here.

Got to bear in mind Leicester are in Europe and will now be looking at higher placed finishing and cup competitions too so will be building a bigger squad to cope with that. There will be 4 or 5 players in on top of general comings and goings.

On 6/21/2016 at 19:58, rammieib said:

Another football manager player. That team would get killed playing a formation like that.

Well it works for Italian teams, given we aren't that... but my view is the 433 days are over, I don't mind what our formation is so long as there are two strikers we need a change

Archived