Our Greatest Day ?

loweman2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine it was an incredible feeling for the people of Derby, and of Britain in general watching the first FA Cup post WW2 throughout the season. 

If we'd won in it in the 50s, 60s, 70s I don't think I'd be on board with calling it our greatest day (although it would have to be up there as one of few achievements), but with how much it must have meant to everyone it probably is our best day, simply for the impact on the people.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Saw Reg Harrison at IPRO the other week. 

Derbys No 7 .

Have we honoured him yet.  

11124841.jpg

My dad was Reg's Sergeant in the army.

18 hours ago, loweman2 said:

The last pic is a signed programme of the Derby players on the day and also the medal and watch they were presented withS3400192.JPG

File0008.jpg

File0006.jpg

3'6 including tax. Sounds very expensive. I wonder if any fans were asking the chairman to lay on free horse and carts to get there?

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

3'6 including tax. Sounds very expensive. I wonder if any fans were asking the chairman to lay on free horse and carts to get there?

Yes they did.

The famous Trackrider horse and cart was laid on for free for travelling Rams fans.

I love that on cup final  programmes and tickets .. "Final Tie" .. sends shiver down your romance of sport spine

Must have been a magical moment. Hitler walloped years of fear and dread .... now lets get our everyday lives back

Archived