OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

What does Sherwood have?

The high regard of Harry Redknapp: signed him for Pompey in 2003; employed him as a coach at Spurs in 2008.

My first reaction to Sherwood was negative, but I now wonder why. You can't blame him for what happened at Villa. So what else has he done wrong, apart from occasionally coming across as a kn0b?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

What does Sherwood have?

The high regard of Harry Redknapp: signed him for Pompey in 2003; employed him as a coach at Spurs in 2008.

My first reaction to Sherwood was negative, but I now wonder why. You can't blame him for what happened at Villa. So what else has he done wrong, apart from occasionally coming across as a kn0b?

What happened at Villa didn't get any better once another manager was installed and I believe most of the signings were via the transfer committee rather than Sherwood himself. He did well at Spurs in my book. 

I don't necessarily think he's the answer though but more that he's had a rough deal with the press. I like his honesty as well. 

40 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I think we should give the job to Ryan Giggs.

Since Man Utd are reluctant to give him the chance.

Seems to me after the Moyes thing, they are now going down the Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea way, of only considering the top 5 or 6 managers in the world in terms of experience and trophies won in several countries. Im pretty sure Ancellotti, Mourinhio, Guadiola, Hijdink, and Van Gaal were once upon a time giving the opportunity to take their first managers job.

I'll say it again.

Giggs always comes across as a simpleton. A simpleton with alleged notable swordsman skills.

Being overlooked at Man U once is bad luck. Twice means the hierarchy there don't have the confidence in him- and I have the opinion (without evidence)  that Ferguson could have pushed for this with the owners if he thought Giggs was the right man there. 

Wouldn't want him at Derby. Derby isn't big enough for Giggs and Hendrick.

16 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Also bookies Odds does mean something. It means either a lot of people are putting on money for Sherwood or someone knows something. How often does a favourite win or in this case get the job? (quite a lot is the answer)

It really doesn't. A lot of money? Na. One £10 bet could seriously change the odds. 

9 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

It really doesn't. A lot of money? Na. One £10 bet could seriously change the odds. 

should we all put 50p on Billy Davies for a laugh just to see if he enters the gossip pages!?

32 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Then why don't we do that so we can manipulate the exchange and make a **** ton of money laying bets against him when he's favourite.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

What you are suggesting is just not being good enough. Bottling it is being in a winning position and changing how you play as you can't deal with the pressure.

Nonsense. Bottling it is when you are in a winning or equitable position and give it away because of nerves or just lack of concentration in the last five/ten minutes. Go on count how many times we did it that season and the season after and this?

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

Nonsense. Bottling it is when you are in a winning or equitable position and give it away because of nerves or just lack of concentration in the last five/ten minutes. Go on count how many times we did it that season and the season after and this?

Actually bottling it is when you **** yourself. 

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

What does Sherwood have?

Would love some people to start answering this post..

come on those who do not want him.. explain yourselves :)

58 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Then why don't we do that so we can manipulate the exchange and make a **** ton of money laying bets against him when he's favourite.

I doubt exchange bookmakers do managers odds. I've never looked but I doubt It would be profitable for the companies 

Just now, Simsy said:

It's not about what he's done wrong, it's about what he hasn't done.

He was only at Tottenham as first team coach for 5 months! Some people seem to think he was doing it for years. This is where everybody claims he was the messiah and their best ever manager blah blah (yeah right) 

he then went to villa and achieved the square root of **** all. Although I think even Mourinho and guardians combined wouldn't have done anything there. 

Sherwood is very similar to wassall, he uses "passion" and "motivation" as a substitute for tactical nous and know how. It's great for the first few weeks but then when teams work you out and out think you, you are in trouble. The likes of Hughton, Karanka, gravel voice and warnock would have an absolute field day against a head coach like sherwood. 

If you are going to appoint Sherwood into the position then you might as well save your money and appoint Wassall instead. They are pretty much like for like and Wassall has at least got a little experience of managing in the championship now, Sherwood has none. We've been down that road twice now and it hasn't worked. It's time to go for experience.

coughpearsoncough

Think he was Head of Academy at Spurs before being appointed Coach, then Head coach .

Talk Sport had a chat with him this morning in conjunction with a charity golf match. Although he was saying he was ready to get back into football again there was NO mention from either side about the Rams connection  /   betting odds.  This was strange......or maybe not  ??    Vow of silence????   if there was no truth I would have expected it to have been brushed off by both sides with a laugh and a giggle.

26 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It's been said before but if we're aiming at Sherwood, we might as well stick with Wassall.

And another thing, If I was Wassall, I would take it as a big slap in the face and leave DCFC if I'd missed out on the top job in favour of Sherwood.

The market looks set up for someone to enter stage left as at the moment its a classic manager market of we dont know, we are pretty sure who it isnt, and we will have the most likely of those very short just in case..

Seen it many many times before when you will suddenly get a new name added at 1/10 :D

Rowett and Wassall are highly unlikely surely? both gone from 2 or 3/1 to 6/1 - they seem reasonably convinced that they are not strong candidates..

Also depends what they will stand as a bet as ive found before you can probably get on no more that a couple of hundred quid..

30 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Loads of manager markets on the exchanges

But Derby Manager still only has a single market

Odds are also on Bet Victor but don't show up on oddschecker...

Who Will Be Derby Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season?

Outright - Specials

Tim Sherwood 4/5

Gary Rowett 6/1

Darren Wassall 6/1

Steve Cotterill 8/1  :o

Roberto Martinez 12/1

David Moyes 12/1

Mark Warburton 12/1

Nigel Pearson 12/1

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

People also forget (especially Everton fans) that they lost James McCarthy to a lengthy injury. Before this, McCarthy was absolutely key to holding together that midfield. Barkley suffered because of this, because he had to track back more. Add into this the awful season as that Gareth Barry has had, a long with the incredible dip in form shown by Tim Howard, I think it's unfair to lay all the blame of Everton's defensive woes at Martinez' door. Yes, he deserves some of it, of course, but not to the extent that much of the media suggest.

Barry hasn't had a bad season though, he has been one of Evertons best players.

Archived