OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Rowett is the bookies favourite followed by Wassall. Hes currently employed so not sure why employing someone like him would be very unlikely. But I do get the impression that the players prefer Wassall to Clement, in fact I know some do.

Made me smile pistol ,,, I heard some of our players preferred Fred west to Harold shipman,

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Heard Darren Wassall is becoming the most likely scenario as of this moment in time. Three reasons:

- Core players enjoy playing under him, regardless of the Hull debacle he's still held in high esteem

- He's allegedly well aware of potential transfer targets

- He's the most viable option financially. It's very unlikely we'll be bringing in a manager current employed elsewhere, and those out of contract and not likely to go elsewhere just don't fit the bill

Well Bris, I know you've been ITK on some transfers bit I sincerely hope you're not this time around.

Interesting fact for me is we say Brendan Rogers is way out of our league and just a pipe dream but it looks like he's considering Celtic ffs?? If this is really a poss the get in there and hijack that one Mel 

28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Heard Darren Wassall is becoming the most likely scenario as of this moment in time. Three reasons:

- Core players enjoy playing under him, regardless of the Hull debacle he's still held in high esteem

- He's the most viable option financially. It's very unlikely we'll be bringing in a manager current employed elsewhere, and those out of contract and not likely to go elsewhere just don't fit the bill

Hope this isn't true...

Bris ITK ??

He had Pearson installed as both Derby and Boros manager last season, I wouldn't worry to much about what he writes :-D

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Isn't afraid to give out a bollockin' that's for sure.

Much as I hate his pitch side managerial personality, that cracked me up watching him. The passion is all there for sure and no mug tactically.

58 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

So Bris - you seem to be insinuating that finance is an issue. Do you mean that we haven't actually got much cash? Does that mean that Mel is no longer willing or able to fund us at the same level as last season. Or do you mean that we've messed up the FFP situation and paying out for a decent manager would push us over the limit? 

In either case, it makes Mel's assertion that promotion wasn't the main priority look a little ill-judged. 

Whoever gets it deserves our support, even if its Wassall, Wass isn't my choice but then again I'm not the one signing the cheques and spending his own fortune on the club. 

Sherwood would be quite entertaining, his 3rd person talk is funny and he seems a decent enough bloke imo, I think our players would react to him as well.

Rowett would be ok, he's in the Pearson mould without the success as of yet, but he's proven he can handle a big club, Birmingham aren't a small club by any stretch and he's had literally no money there, and has had to rely on cheap cast offs, Shotton??? lol 

Again Pearson would be my choice but we've got to support who ever it is otherwise we become poisonous and not the sort of fans their gonna want to bring success too.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Don't care if they do enjoy playing for him, they didn't enjoy it enough to bloody get to Wembley even!

Aware of potential transfer targets - what does that mean?

Viable financially? After throwing all that money on Johnson & Butterfield and Blackman, now we want to pennypinch? FFS!

Seriously stupid if true.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'd like Sherwood, to be honest. 

Not only do I personally think he'll have a good chance of doing well, it would also get right on the nerves of plenty on this forum. 

There's enough posters who already do that - we don't another one

21 hours ago, LazloW said:

Though I have said previously in this thread that the success or otherwise of a manager often has very little to do with his CV or past experiences (also see Eddie's recent post on similar lines) the emergence of Warnock as a potential fan favourite scares the bejeezus out of me! 

Very hypocritical I know, but this bloke is a dinosaur ("yeah, but he's a dinosaur who'll get us promoted... rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb" say the grumbling masses)

Diplodocus warnockii.. What a guy. will get us promoted for sure.

54 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

So Bris - you seem to be insinuating that finance is an issue. Do you mean that we haven't actually got much cash? Does that mean that Mel is no longer willing or able to fund us at the same level as last season. Or do you mean that we've messed up the FFP situation and paying out for a decent manager would push us over the limit? 

In either case, it makes Mel's assertion that promotion wasn't the main priority look a little ill-judged. 

I wouldn't say messed up completely, but I'm under the impression we're now restricted somewhat. Sacking Paul Clement was costly, and employing another manager who is currently employed elsewhere will set us back further in terms of compensation, new manager's long-term contract plus potential coaching staff coming too.

Unless the absolute right choice comes along, it makes sense to keep Wassall in charge and use what's remaining in the budget to bring in new players. Wassall, I believe, will know what's missing.

Archived