OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, São Paulo Ram said:

I would love to see us take a punt on somebody like Gary Neville, just because I think he's got everything needed to be a top, top manager in the English game. 

But, lets face it, we are pressure for a young manager because the expectation for us just simply has to be automatic promotion next year, especially if we go and buy again in the summer (which I think we clearly will). Therefore I think we will probably go for a relatively experienced manager (i.e. Warburton / Rodgers).

Yeah, or like Clement or someone.  

Good on Brighton for tieing Hughton to a new contract.

That list on Skybet is friggin depressing; Igor, Sherwood, Wassall, Monk, Rowett, Hasslebaink (wtf?) and Ince.

I like Rowett, but his style of football isn't exactly known for its brilliance and he has no experience whatsoever of getting out of this league.

Id settle for a Warnock, what a job he did at Rotherham... and having watched the documentary during his Blades day - he wouldn't take any below par crap here.

PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Good on Brighton for tieing Hughton to a new contract.

That list on Skybet is friggin depressing; Igor, Sherwood, Wassall, Monk, Rowett, Hasslebaink (wtf?) and Ince.

I like Rowett, but his style of football isn't exactly known for its brilliance and he has no experience whatsoever of getting out of this league.

Id settle for a Warnock, what a job he did at Rotherham... and having watched the documentary during his Blades day - he wouldn't take any below par crap here.

I really don't get how Paul Ince could be same odds as Nigel Pearson. I Don't think there's a chance in hell of us wanting Paul Ince. Why would we? Just cos his son plays for us? 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I spot two contradictions, one blatant lie and one hypothetical scenario that never happened tweaked to meet your agenda.

Really? I didn't know I had an agenda. I thought I was expressing an opinion.

12 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

We've tried the family club legend and failed.

We've tried the former England manager and failed.

We've tried the rookie, future of the game continental head coach and failed.

We've tried the seasoned club man who knows all the players and failed.

Why don't we just not have a manager next season and see how we get on?

God you are being far to rational for on here - have a like!

Why are people getting so worked up about who is going to be Derby's head coach?

Take any manager/coach in the history of the game, and no matter what their past success, that is no guarantee that said success will continue. The greatest manager of my lifetime, Brian Clough, had two mehs and an ouch out of the five clubs he managed.

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I really don't get how Paul Ince could be same odds as Nigel Pearson. I Don't think there's a chance in hell of us wanting Paul Ince. Why would we? Just cos his son plays for us? 

Did play for us! Lol

1 hour ago, robglosta said:

Yeah, or like Clement or someone.  

No two managers are ever going to be the same...Neville is a high profile ex-player that has managed Valencia (albeit under some odd circumstances).

Clement was an exceptionally good coach, but Neville has done just about everything you could want to do in the game...plus the links to younger players he would have would be great. 

Long story short - Rodgers is due £10m in severance payments from Liverpool over 2 years, which he forfeits if he signs for a new club.

Potential fly in the ointment..

Expensive for a fly even if ointment was free. :cool:

Archived