Hull it is then! (Well almost certain)

IoW Derby

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even more frustrating we didn't put one of those chances away now with Hull dropping points, would of liked the second leg at our place but it's looking unlikely with them having a game in hand. Just have to finish them off in the first leg so away doesn't matter. 

16 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

they seem to be trying their hardest to give up fourth position to us, which is nice of them. Over two legs I think we'll get the better of them - I've said it before, I just pray we can avoid Burnley and Middlesborough.  

We need to beat Brighton next week, then we should avoid Boro and Burnley. We don't want 4th spot, only one team as won promotion from 4th spot in the last 26 seasons!!! With 3 teams on 87pts going into their last two games, who ever misses out on automatics will be down in the dumps and might find themselves out of the promotion frame after their first match in the play offs. Lets stay 5th please, put 4th placed team to the sword in the home leg.

Im not bothered which order we play Hull. 

Up to them really, let them pick see if they want beating at home or away first

we'll win both legs regardless of which order we play them and we'll win the final if its either brighton or weds 

14 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Hull will not be a push over. How does the away goals thing work in the Semis of the Play Offs? Usual way? No penalty shoot out unless level on away goals as well after extra time? After extra time most away goals wins?

Away goals don't count as a deciding factor.

20 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Hull will not be a push over. How does the away goals thing work in the Semis of the Play Offs? Usual way? No penalty shoot out unless level on away goals as well after extra time? After extra time most away goals wins?

Away goals don't count thank god otherwise we would've lost the semi to Southampton that time. Such was the amazing scenes after the penos, I think some forget we actually lost the second leg 2-3.

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Away goals don't count thank god otherwise we would've lost the semi to Southampton that time. Such was the amazing scenes after the penos, I think some forget we actually lost the second leg 2-3.

I was at that. a great night.

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

That is a relief, Eddie

Otherwise we wouldn't have got to Wembley under Davros. We won 2-1 in Southampton then lost 3-2 at home before Idiakez hit the 'B' in 'Derby' from the spot.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Otherwise we wouldn't have got to Wembley under Davros. We won 2-1 in Southampton then lost 3-2 at home before Idiakez hit the 'B' in 'Derby' from the spot.

I remember now and I was there with my son Paul.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hull are a funny one. They blew both Boro and Burnley away earlier in the season. They have the potential to beat us quite comfortably, yet this season we've dealt with them well.

i wonder if they are happy to face us

If we were up against a team that had us pegged to a 0-6 aggregate I'd be very concerned. 

I'd expect hull to be much tougher in the play offs - i genuinely think they underestimated us twice in the league but surely won't be again.

Wednesday i'd be confident we can beat, Brighton I'm wary of their counters but we'll see next week.

Bonus is if we take a point there it makes autos harder for them.

Archived