Bring on Sheffield Wednesday

B4ev6is

Hey lets get pp loudest ground in the country lets make so loud that the lads know we believe in them that they going send us to wembly.

This is what lads got to do in order get the win. Last night we started well with Russell scoring a really good goal. But then we took foot of the gas which led to them scoring 2 goals. At the the time we were not tight enough at the back and messing around instead clearing the ball. But 2nd one came about by us now closing down quick enough have 2 or 3 players around that bristrol city play which gave him room to take the shot.

2nd half we came out fighting the lads got back into faces and won the battle in midfield the movement which created space for craig bryson to release shot in the pently

Area and tom ince caused bristrol probleam all night long and desevsed his 12th goal for the season which he took his chance really well.

Now onto saturday this is what i would do.

I would go the attack right from the off pushing wednesday back with us carrying a high line. I would hit and move football while on the move. Let George Thorne and butterfield spray the ball around and craig bryson be the hold guard by letting him do protecting other players.

Upfront i would like to see tom ince

Russell and martin switching roles making hard for shiffield wednesday defance who to pick up.

When we get a free kick on the edge of the area i would love to see us drill one hard and low but perhaps let Thorne take a blast at one or let ince curl one top left or right corner or even bryson.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey lets get pp loudest ground in the country lets make so loud that the lads know we believe in them that they going send us to wembly.

This is what lads got to do in order get the win. Last night we started well with Russell scoring a really good goal. But then we took foot of the gas which led to them scoring 2 goals. At the the time we were not tight enough at the back and messing around instead clearing the ball. But 2nd one came about by us now closing down quick enough have 2 or 3 players around that bristrol city play which gave him room to take the shot.

2nd half we came out fighting the lads got back into faces and won the battle in midfield the movement which created space for craig bryson to release shot in the pently

Area and tom ince caused bristrol probleam all night long and desevsed his 12th goal for the season which he took his chance really well.

Now onto saturday this is what i would do.

I would go the attack right from the off pushing wednesday back with us carrying a high line. I would hit and move football while on the move. Let George Thorne and butterfield spray the ball around and craig bryson be the hold guard by letting him do protecting other players.

Upfront i would like to see tom ince

Russell and martin switching roles making hard for shiffield wednesday defance who to pick up.

When we get a free kick on the edge of the area i would love to see us drill one hard and low but perhaps let Thorne take a blast at one or let ince curl one top left or right corner or even bryson.

I think you've lost whatever plot you had left B4

42 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Bit of an anticlimax now we in playoffs, just hope we show up for cameras, I'd be tempted to rest a few, not wholesale changes just give Martin a rest for Blackman or Ince for Camara etc

I think we will only do that in the final fixture.

Its what always happens, means they are fresh for the playoff semis.

McClaren did this at leeds away 2 seasons ago.

30 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I think we will only do that in the final fixture.

Its what always happens, means they are fresh for the playoff semis.

McClaren did this at leeds away 2 seasons ago.

Yup....didn't win the game against Leeds... Not forgiven for that... Lol

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing is we have a settle side now

This is a really valid point.  I can't remember when we last had a settled side like this - wingers bang in form, Bryson back to his best, settled back four, Thorne fit, Martin pulling the strings and no Hendrick.  

Massively important to keep honing the partnerships between this XI from now until we beat Hull.  

3 hours ago, Simsy said:

Yes that would make more sense.

I would save your tactical masterclass posts for the games that matter though b4. My mind is firmly on the play-offs now. technically we only have to win 2 games between now and June and we will be in the premier league!

Winning 6 would guarantee it though!

I don't want us to start resting players, we need to keep the side settled and in a rhythm, keep the same 11 and let them play on auto pilot, get some shooting practice in in real matches is always good. 

Wembley would be a fantastic achievement and one we'd all given up on a couple of weeks back and just being in the playoffs is nice. we've found a starting 11 for next season if we don't go up, if we do fail in the playoffs tell these group of players their good enough for automatic promotion ffs, what they did to Hull the other week was breathtaking and they do have it in them to achieve more.

5 hours ago, Simsy said:

Martin on the wing :lol::lol:

You do make me laugh B4!!

He actually spent a lot of the first half out wide at Bristol, during attacks he would run wide and give ball back to Ince as Ince cut infield.

5 hours ago, Simsy said:

Yes that would make more sense.

I would save your tactical masterclass posts for the games that matter though b4. My mind is firmly on the play-offs now. technically we only have to win 2 games between now and June and we will be in the premier league!

We could get away with draws in play offs including extra time and win two penalty shoot outs ........

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

B4 - much as I am hugely appreciative of what you do for our club, it would be a disaster playing bryson to protect anything. He's a runner. Non-stop!

Archived