Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

A belated congratulations to Leicester.  It's a fantastic achievement, an inspiration to "smaller" clubs and a warning to PL big hitters that when the chips are down teamwork, focus and hard application beats money every time.
Amazing, it's the best thing to happen in English football for decades.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6 May 2016 at 17:11, jagerbob said:

I guess a thread about leicester is the place to put my latest gripe.

I wrote something similar on monday night elsewhere on internet / social media and its still bugging me now almost 4 days on.

I also cannot believe no one else has raised it in the media.

SKY SPORTS are ruining football and they GOT IT BADLY WRONG last weekend with their scheduling.

Now seems an age ago that Leicester won the title yet they still havent picked up the Trophy!!!!!

I liked the olden days, and to an extent I like the modern day when on the final day all teams play at the same time, relegation is decided on that final day, and sometimes titles are won if you get the right result, or perhaps your nearest challenger fails.

Its nice Sky see fit to televise as much of the run in involving the title race as possible. But they seriously screwed up last weekend.

I presume had leicester won at Man Utd last sunday they would have had the trophy there and then at OT, and perhaps a victory parade could have been organised for the next day as is customary. At the very least It would have been nice if Leicester had found out they had won the title with a draw at Old Trafford, based on Tottenhams result with them playing at the same time.... or........ IF SKY had scheduled it better so that Tottenham played on the sunday, and Leciester-man Utd game was on the monday. But by scheduling as they did..... the title was decided by Leicester not kicking a ball, and not even getting to play a game for almost another week.

Sky you got it wrong and you made a shambles of the excitement which goes of winning something whilst players are on the pitch, whether it directly, or jointly with results going you way elsewhere. For Leicester fans there was no "i was there when we won the league" because they didnt have a bleedin game, and wont play another one for another 6 days!

Even if they'd have beaten United, they would have done the presentation ceremony this week in Leicester. 

They wouldn't present the trophy in front of just a few travelling fans. 

I remember being at old Trafford when we beat them to stay up, and they were awarded the trophy on that day. Talk about a party atmosphere. They'd won it away the previous week. But there was still the opportunity to present it to them at home if they waited a week, so they'll always take that opportunity. 

Mans as Muespach said, you say this is all sky's fault and a travesty of the modern game, but at least they play all the final games at the same time. Our season was long since finished when we won, and we had to wait for liverpools results. Along time before I was born, but I still know it happened. 

Fuchs sake I still Kante get my head around that a team like Leicester who Huth the ball have won the league. However, their future looks Albrighton exciting, definitely not Gray like Forest's. Ranieri is a King now around those parts. 

Sorry all, that was a terrible attempt, I'm off to drinkwater and get some foxes out of my garden.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

A belated congratulations to Leicester.  It's a fantastic achievement, an inspiration to "smaller" clubs and a warning to PL big hitters that when the chips are down teamwork, focus and hard application beats money every time.
Amazing, it's the best thing to happen in English football for decades.

Certainly the last 4 decades anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky Sports pundit:

'these pictures of Leicester city players arriving are extraordinary' 

what? No wonder I'm completely finished  with the Premiership. Players walking into some premises holding hands with their wives and kids. Yep that's totally gobsmacking that. I'm dumbfounded. ********* 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

nah its got to be the full on Lock Stock car door scene

Vinnie will need a body suit to play Pearson. Never mind lock stock. Did Pearson ever grabbed anyone's nuts, Vinnie a dab hand at that, just ask Gazza.

3 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Jamie Vardy film?

I've not even read the link, but that's what I heard on the radio. They started writing it when Vardy was on his streak, it was only meant to be about a non league guy who made it to the big time and broke a record. Then the film just kept writing itself, before the script writer new it, his protagonist was picking up a champions medal.

To be fair, if he was writing it as fiction, no one would ever make it, it's too unbeleivable. 

But he's not finished writing yet. Now Vardy's got an England call up for the Euros, it's all set up for a finale where he scores the winner in the final, 50 years after our last major silver wear. 

Its a pretty ridiculous plot for a film. I won't be watching it. 

I only want a vardy film if it is All AMERICAN - American actors across the board, American accents and cliche galour.

It might end up being watchable in a hilarious manner.

"Look after my kids.....im Jamie vardy, the world is counting on me and a man's gotta do, I do it for every American man woman child in Leicester. That's why I'm going to Stoke on the coach with the other players"

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I only want a vardy film if it is All AMERICAN - American actors across the board, American accents and cliche galour.

"Look after my kids.....im Jamie vardy, the world is counting on me and a man's gotta do, I do it for every American man woman child in Leicester. That's why I'm going to Stoke on the coach with the other players"

Of course in the film, sorry, movie, Mahrez would still get the player of the year award. But only because Vardy made him look good.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

...and GUNS. Lots of them, larger than life, frequently used. It's the answer to all America's problems. The Gun.

Archived