Brussels Terror Attacks

South Ram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Which city is next ?

Unfortunately it's no great surprise that Brussels has been targeted and that suspects have been hiding out there recently, as the Belgian security services are not regarded as being as up-to-speed as many other countries - especially the UK.

One "benefit" to have had recent terrorist attacks is that you increase security and make other countries an easier & more attractive target for future attacks.

2 hours ago, admira said:

I'm going via Brussels to Bruges on the Eurostar next Friday. Security will be very tight now I'd imagine. Flying to Poland this week too.

Best wishes. We are doing the same in May.

2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I know they say that to avoid doing things because you fear this is giving in to the terrorists but does this scare people or put them off travelling? 

As someone who's constantly fairly fearful/paranoid generally, I have to say these sorts of things don't add to that at all. Not really sure why, but I'm more scared of the day to day crimes/accidents etc. that cause injury/death (but are still uncommon in the grand scheme and unlikely to directly effect you) than I am of these terrorist attacks. 

7 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Awful news, this sounds to me like a retaliation after the police catching the Paris attack leader yesterday.

He said that he will talk to police. Maybe others got hasty and tried to do some damage before getting caught?

Sound possible Dimmu - chap on TV suggesting that the Belgian government made a mistake in suggesting they'd uncovered evidence of a new terrorist cell when they caught the Paris attack leader - seemed to think that may have prompted them to act before they were rounded up.....

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

13 dead at the airport, 15 dead and 55 wounded at the Metro.

Response to the capture of Salah Abdeslam, I would guess.

You would just hope they are plying his fingernails off as we speak, to try and find other suspects. 

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I know they say that to avoid doing things because you fear this is giving in to the terrorists but does this scare people or put them off travelling? 

Not me. If your number's up, it's up, and we are going to Bruges and Brussels in May. The terrorist twarts can bolleaux.

Archived