Brussels Terror Attacks

South Ram

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You would just hope they are plying his fingernails off as we speak, to try and find other suspects. 

I remember being called inhumane on this forum for suggesting something similar in the aftermath of a previous atrocity but I'm with you Dawnie, I hope some of our finest have been invited to "give him the opportunity to tell them what he knows" by fair means or foul.

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You would just hope they are plying his fingernails off as we speak, to try and find other suspects. 

13 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I remember being called inhumane on this forum for suggesting something similar in the aftermath of a previous atrocity but I'm with you Dawnie, I hope some of our finest have been invited to "give him the opportunity to tell them what he knows" by fair means or foul.

And he'll tell you they're all hiding out in Narnia if he thinks it'll stop the torture.

45 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Apart from the fact that torture is a notoriously poor way to garner information from suspects, there's also the idea that once we resort to torture, we may as well stop referring to ourselves as civilised. 

16 minutes ago, SantosHalper said:

Apart from the fact that torture is a notoriously poor way to garner information from suspects, there's also the idea that once we resort to torture, we may as well stop referring to ourselves as civilised. 

On the plus side though I bet it really fecking hurts them

When will all this stop? How sad is this world becoming? :( 

Don't know if torture is the answer but if it's not, what is?

Just now, LesterRam said:

Why, they have won then...

We are going to be fearful of crowds soon, its looking great for my kids future.

They haven't "won" because one game's been cancelled. Don't be overdramatic.

The metro and airport in Brussels is closed and will likely still be very limited at best on Tuesday. That is logistics. Most fans are incapable of getting to the match now. 

7 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Why, they have won then...

We are going to be fearful of crowds soon, its looking great for my kids future.

They've hardly 'won', they're not interested in a football game being cancelled.

If everybody decides to convert to Islam instead of watching Belgium v Portugal, maybe they've won. What you mean to say is they've successfully disrupted the lives of the Belgian people and made a huge impact.... Well they had already done that before when they killed dozens of people.

If it was now suggested that nobody ever plays football again, maybe they've then won. As it happens, the authorities are only making sure they don't "win" again by taking measures to cancel the game.

If you think they'll be considering this a victory, I don't think you understand what their goals really are.

The issue is fundamentalism. When we get rid of the fundamentalists in power we'll have a safer more accepting society. This applies across the board to Islam, Christianity etc. Christian fundamentalists facilitating Middle East Islamic fundamentalists in reply to the then communist threat in the 70s - 90s has got us to where we are now. It's a damn mess.

3 hours ago, Cisse said:

YESSS.

Nowt to get excited about though ,cushy prison quite happy to die anyway we need to find another way to deal with them .We are far too soft with them they must have a right laugh ,probably end up living in London on benefits and all the trimmings

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Nowt to get excited about though ,cushy prison quite happy to die anyway we need to find another way to deal with them .We are far too soft with them they must have a right laugh ,probably end up living in London on benefits and all the trimmings

Unfortunately, it was a newspaper trying to get a cheap story, he's still on the run.

Archived