2 from 5

Bris Vegas

Two from five teams for the final two playoff spots

Derby 61

Sheff Wed 59

Cardiff 58

Ipswich 58

Birmingham 55 (having played a game less)

Interesting that we play three of those, as well as Hull and Brighton in the last nine games. Plus, obviously, the little matter of the EM derby which as we all know has a habbit of dragging us down.

I reckon we'll miss out personally. Can see Sheff Wed and Ipswich taking those two spots, with the latter denying us on the final day of the season by holding on to a draw.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby 61

Sheff Wed 59

Cardiff 58

Ipswich 58

Interesting that we play three of those, as well as Hull and Brighton in the last nine games. Plus, obviously, the little matter of the EM derby which as we all know has a habbit of dragging us down.

I reckon we'll miss out personally. Can see Sheff Wed and Ipswich taking those two spots, with the latter denying us on the final day of the season by holding on to a draw.

Ten pound donation towards Daveo's Propaganda Front says we do make the play offs?

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby 61

Sheff Wed 59

Cardiff 58

Ipswich 58

It's so unpredictable,  I've given up on bothering about it!

Had i known how poor our results would be after Boxing Day, I'd have said there was zero chance of us still being in this position now, so I can't see any point speculating over our, or others future results.

11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@B4ev6is We need you to deliver a rallying call to clamp down on this negativity:D

he is still in stand at Rotherham, head in hands.

Sheff Wed = Charlton (H), Huddersfield (A), Blackbun (H), Bristol C (A), Ipswich (H), MK Dons (H), Derby (A), Cardiff (H), Wolves (A). I can see them getting 17 points

Ipswich = Rotherham (H), Wolves (A), Charlton (H), Brentford (H), Sheff Wed (A), Fulham (H), Middlesbrough (A), MK Dons (H), Derby (A). Also 17 points

Derby = Forest (H), Cardiff (A), Hull (H), Bolton (H), Charlton (A), Bristol C (A), Sheff Wed (H), Brighton (A), Ipswich (H). Maximum 13 points and that's beating Forest

I've probably been too generous too. Taking into consideration likely cock-ups, probably looking at 13, 13 and nine

I find these discussions a little pointless.

It results in a lot of posters carrying on as if they are some all-knowing, all-seeing oracle. They want to bookmark it so they can come back and say told yer so

More often than not, they end up having to backtrack five minutes later when there is a result that goes against their expectations.

All we can do is take it one game at a time. That's what successful teams do.They focus on one game at a time.

How else can you approach it, especially when we play in a wildly unpredictable league like the Championship?

When there are nine games to play and 27 points to play for, we can't discount any team from the race for promotion unless it's mathematically impossible for them to succeed.

All we need to do is focus on ourselves and do the best we can and earn as many points as we can and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It results in a lot of posters carrying on as if they are some all-knowing, all-seeing oracle. They want to bookmark it so they can come back and say told yer so

More often than not, they end up having to backtrack five minutes later when there is a result that goes against their expectations.

All we can do is take it one game at a time. That's what successful teams do.They focus on one game at a time.

How else can you approach it, especially when we play in a wildly unpredictable league like the Championship?

When there are nine games to play and 27 points to play for, we can't discount any team from the race for promotion unless it's mathematically impossible for them to succeed.

All we need to do is focus on ourselves and do the best we can and earn as many points as we can and see what happens.

Agree totally, and the motivation to call Bris out.  On the other hand feel free to bookmark me :p

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

you are Harry and I claim my paper bag.

I hope we don't make the playoffs.

Heaven forbid we scrape in and end up winning the thing (or suffering the agony of another Wembley defeat). We've already got to play catch-up with the other 2 promoted teams in terms of readying the squad for the Premier League but added to that we'll have the managerial mess to sort out in the summer as well. Personally it would feel like we've got the odds stacked against us from the off. It sounds like my old wounds from THAT season haven't healed yet.

I'm not sure Mel would consider that as getting promoted in the right way, according to his plan.

Just now, Wolfie said:

Heaven forbid we scrape in and end up winning the thing (or suffering the agony of another Wembley defeat). We've already got to play catch-up with the other 2 promoted teams in terms of readying the squad for the Premier League but added to that we'll have the managerial mess to sort out in the summer as well. Personally it would feel like we've got the odds stacked against us from the off. It sounds like my old wounds from THAT season haven't healed yet.

I'm not sure Mel would consider that as getting promoted in the right way, according to his plan.

Still, if we get promoted the caliber of potential manager theoretically increases. 

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

Weren't Watford in the exact same mess at the end of last season??? I know it's a long shot of Mel making an inspirational appointment like Flores but you never know...

Archived