2 from 5

Bris Vegas

12 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Me too. But on a forum, I personally would rather read informative posts like those written by Bris rather than ten pages of happy clapping. Helps me to justify procrastination as I learn something along the way, rather than realizing I am actually wasting time on mindless Internet surfing.

Damn. first time I've ever read one of your posts and agreed with it in part. Not sure why.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15 March 2016 at 09:48, reveldevil said:

It's so unpredictable,  I've given up on bothering about it!

Had i known how poor our results would be after Boxing Day, I'd have said there was zero chance of us still being in this position now, so I can't see any point speculating over our, or others future results.

That is testament to the strength of our position relative to the rest of the league (except Boro) after Boxing Day.

What has bloodywell happened?

On 16 March 2016 at 16:03, Bris Vegas said:

I'm not talking just results, but how teams are playing. I don't think Derby are in particularly bad form, but performance-wise, again there is no way they will win say seven of their last nine games.

The teams above us, Hull and Boro especially, aren't in such great form either but both have easier fixtures than us (Boro have six of their ten games at home), and Hull in particular are still playing well.

It's not mischievous to suggest something based on logic. When taking in all factors, I feel Derby will struggle to make the top six and could quite easily miss out. Top two went a long time ago.

Yes your right Bris it's not just results, but how consistent teams are playing. The league table doesn't lie when you look at it. For me the top two at the moment Burnley & Brighton have obviously lost considerably less games than any of the other teams in the top 8, which indicates over a season that their the two most consistent teams. We still live in hope that our Rams can make the Play Offs, then as we know anything can happen although if it's against Boro, Hull, & S/W that won't be easy, But the bookies bless them still have us as favourites to win the Play Offs should we do get to Wembley & they may well be proved right. But overall this season it's hard to say we deserve anything better.

Should QPR beat Boro on Friday evening & following that game Brighton beat Burnley early on Saturday, then I can only really foresee Burnley & Brighton going onto to take the top two automatic places come seasons end & when you examine their overall form throughout the season it's hard to argue that they both don't deserve it because they clearly will have if purely from their consistency of their form. .

5 hours ago, TETRA said:

Yes your right Bris it's not just results, but how consistent teams are playing. The league table doesn't lie when you look at it. For me the top two at the moment Burnley & Brighton have obviously lost considerably less games than any of the other teams in the top 8, which indicates over a season that their the two most consistent teams. We still live in hope that our Rams can make the Play Offs, then as we know anything can happen although if it's against Boro, Hull, & S/W that won't be easy, But the bookies bless them still have us as favourites to win the Play Offs should we do get to Wembley & they may well be proved right. But overall this season it's hard to say we deserve anything better.

Should QPR beat Boro on Friday evening & following that game Brighton beat Burnley early on Saturday, then I can only really foresee Burnley & Brighton going onto to take the top two automatic places come seasons end & when you examine their overall form throughout the season it's hard to argue that they both don't deserve it because they clearly will have if purely from their consistency of their form. .

3 games is considerably less loses?

On 29 March 2016 at 08:10, toddy said:

Strange how some on here earlier in the season said Brighton would fall away......................Not!

Yes I had noticed that, frankly out of all the teams in the top eight this season Brighton have been the one side I've enjoyed watching on Sky this season. They just seem now to have quality in depth in all areas of the pitch. Perhaps it's their year, who knows in this League.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well they did call away to be fair, but then everybody who went above them fell away also!

Not really, they are still in an automatic spot so their promotion is in their own hands.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but not long ago had seen a 9 point lead turned into a 5 point deficit, so at that promotion was not in their own hands.

Confusing the words was and is - 

4 hours ago, toddy said:

Not really, they are still in an automatic spot so their promotion is in their own hands.

It's a good job Birmingham and Ipswich have gone off the boil somewhat.

I've not really thought much of Cardiff this season. Will be massively disappointed if they finish above us.

I'd say we need 12 points from the 7 games to guarantee top six. We've got a better GD than Cardiff, it would be hard for them to pick up maybe 15 from the last 7.

Problem is I can only see us beating Bolton, Charlton and Ipswich at present. Reckon we'll do well to pick up another ten points between now and end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

I try to steer clear of pulling people up and ridiculing their stupidity, but this post riled me so much, not so much for the post, but the poster.

Over the years, Bris has lauded it over your 'average' fan, citing page-views on his HITC articles, and a love for latin/continental football as justification for being disagreeable.

Well, sorry @Bris Vegas you've made a true muppet of yourself with this thread.

Someone so intelligent has shown himself to be ignorant! Your predictions both mischievous and scare-mongering, not to mention the fact that they couldn't be further from accurate!

Personally, I've had plenty of arguments over predictions regarding players, managers and fans, and I believe I've been vindicated in most, if not all cases.

You on the other hand, have got some explaining to do. Your reputation gives you influence over the easily swayed, and your stance here went a long way to creating even more pessimism amongst the forum!

For shame....

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I try to steer clear of pulling people up and ridiculing their stupidity, but this post riled me so much, not so much for the post, but the poster.

Over the years, Bris has lauded it over your 'average' fan, citing page-views on his HITC articles, and a love for latin/continental football as justification for being disagreeable.

Well, sorry @Bris Vegas you've made a true muppet of yourself with this thread.

Someone so intelligent has shown himself to be ignorant! Your predictions both mischievous and scare-mongering, not to mention the fact that they couldn't be further from accurate!

Personally, I've had plenty of arguments over predictions regarding players, managers and fans, and I believe I've been vindicated in most, if not all cases.

You on the other hand, have got some explaining to do. Your reputation gives you influence over the easily swayed, and your stance here went a long way to creating even more pessimism amongst the forum!

For shame....

Not sure why you would take such offence over someone having an opinion that they have backed up with rationale.

The outcome just goes to show either this league has been very unpredictable, that Bris is not as knowledgeable about The Championship as he would have people believe, or maybe even both.

Let's be honest, who after the Cardiff game would have thought we would have our play off place sewn up with 3 games to spare? b4 maybe?

As for accusing him of scaremongering, come on...do a get a grip of yourself!!!

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 21:38, Bris Vegas said:

It's a good job Birmingham and Ipswich have gone off the boil somewhat.

I've not really thought much of Cardiff this season. Will be massively disappointed if they finish above us.

I'd say we need 12 points from the 7 games to guarantee top six. We've got a better GD than Cardiff, it would be hard for them to pick up maybe 15 from the last 7.

Problem is I can only see us beating Bolton, Charlton and Ipswich at present. Reckon we'll do well to pick up another ten points between now and end of the season.

It's a struggle, isn't it?

Archived