Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

2 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

- Do you think Darren Wassall was the most capable option / best manager available to us when we sacked Paul Clement?

- Do you feel the c.£25m we have spent this season has been well spent?

- Do you know what the Derby way is?

- Who do you think decided that we should bring in 'help' this week?

- Are we better now than the McClaren side that went to Wembley?

- Who do you think brings in the players?

-I don't think Wassall was the best option, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a valid option, and isn't capable.

-I don't think the whole £25m has been spent well, but I fail to see how backing the manager can be criticised.

-Yes, I understand the Derby Way better than many on here.

-I think as a squad/team, we are as good as that team at Wembley, it's largely the same group of players.

-Brings in which players? All the players bought in were done so with approval of whoever was the said manager at that time.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there is no diplomacy to be had for someone who basically says that he's turning his back on the club, but not until after the Forest game!

As I said on the podcast, you're either in or out. Once you're out, stay away, don't come back when the going is good pretending you were loyal and part of it.

There are plenty here who went through the hard times, and as such, deserve good times, however those who turn their back during the tough times (are these even tough times?!!), have no entitlement to sit there in a few years, when things are good, saying "ooh, we deserve this.."

Was joking ,, put a smile at the end but it came out as a question mark ,,, don't really care if people come and go with the good and bad times ,, the thing I like as someone who don't get to go as much as I used to is turning up at an away game and seeing faces I've seen for years turning up too ,makes me feel at home

9 minutes ago, archied said:

Just when I think ok I can go with that you have to over egg the pudding ,, diplomatic coar material you are not?

Yep. I'm a fickle trailer too. Didn't go to Huddersfield because a day with a Mrs I rarely see, seemed like a nicer option than standing and watching crap football for 90 minutes surrounded by gobshites. 

I am just looking through the fixtures for tomorrow and have decided to go to Maidstone v Weston Super Mare instead of the Forest game, as a form of punishment for my treachery. 

Well comical ali at it again,dismissing fans with view that question the present fiasco,of,recruitment,and the education of our

coaching staff.  During my time supporting derby,many fans have been disillusioned with the way a football club as been run,

And the only way a fan can protest is to walk away,Rush when,he guided the club to its present position stated that falling attendances was a big factor in his decision,so people making their own statements is nothing new,.

People have the right to protest,in their own way,And if anyone can see a well run club at the moment,its you,

If people are bemused by events ,find them strange,i think that's normal.and if they have lost faith at the moment its understandable to most,   To be considered a customer is a insult,i am a fan ,not a commodity,and fans will be here

always ,to support the club ,not the owners

19 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Yep. I'm a fickle trailer too. Didn't go to Huddersfield because a day with a Mrs I rarely see, seemed like a nicer option than standing and watching crap football for 90 minutes surrounded by gobshites. 

I am just looking through the fixtures for tomorrow and have decided to go to Maidstone v Weston Super Mare instead of the Forest game, as a form of punishment for my treachery. 

I just hope we don't suffer a Super Mare tomorrow :ph34r:

@trevor1946 it's either a poor performing team OR a badly run club that's causing the problems, I cannot see how it's both.

If you're a supporter, you support.

I'm possibly a hypocrite to some as I don't get to as many games as I used to, but that's not in protest.

You are singling me out cos it's me, which is fair enough. But regarding the person I am criticising, why not stay away from the Forest game? You're either protesting or you're not!?!?!

29 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

that's a bit different to saying "I'm never going again now Redknapp has been appointed, on Mel's say so, but I would've gone had it been on Wassall's say so, but anyway, I'm not going again.... except for the Forest game... but THEN I'm not going after!!"

Bet he'll be first in the queue for Play-off final tickets though if Derby are involved!

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Competition time....

Could someone please give me the definition of a person who is so outraged that he would otherwise make a protest, however not for THIS game because he really, really want to see THIS game, in two words?

1. False (vs. true) fanboys
  2. Unhappy (vs. happy) clappers

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

But regarding the person I am criticising, 

Why do you feel you have to criticise a person for having a different opinion to you, on a football forum?

Have a different opinion, disagree but I still can't understand why you need to make it personal. 

21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

that's a bit different to saying "I'm never going again now Redknapp has been appointed, on Mel's say so, but I would've gone had it been on Wassall's say so, but anyway, I'm not going again.... except for the Forest game... but THEN I'm not going after!!"

Bet he'll be first in the queue for Play-off final tickets though if Derby are involved!

and it's going to long break when Harry ends up staying... for good.

7 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Why do you feel you have to criticise a person for having a different opinion to you, on a football forum?

Have a different opinion, disagree but I still can't understand why you need to make it personal. 

because I feel you're being insincere in a bid to destabilise things (even moreso).

At a time when the team needs positivity and respect, you're being the opposite.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

because I feel you're being insincere in a bid to destabilise things (even moreso).

At a time when the team needs positivity and respect, you're being the opposite.

Good point.

applicable to all the Leeds/Charlton/Forrest fans who just can't help criticizing the respective owners.

3 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Good point.

applicable to all the Leeds/Charlton/Forrest fans who just can't help criticizing the respective owners.

to some extent, but hardly the same. Mel has put money in, and has only been in control 8-9 months, he's made errors and is trying to correct those errors.

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't think I have or want the ability to destabilise things, do you honestly believe that I do?

it could be argued that it is more dangerous that anyone who raises concerns about the current regime is quickly shot down allowing those in charge to continue without challenge.  I am sure there is an Eastern European Police State analogy in there somewhere.

At the end of the day we both have different opinions (and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle), it doesn't seem we'll ever agree and I hope I am wrong in my opinion - but we both want Derby to win.

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I'm not telling you what to think so I am not sure how you can tell me how I should feel or why you are resorting to name calling.

I am not sure saying 'the right thing' is beneficial when it is contradicted minutes, days and / or weeks later, but again that is my opinion and not one that I would try to convince anyone else of, or criticise those who don't agree with it.  I also don't think it is the fans that are currently making this club a laughing stock and certainly none of the fans of other clubs that are currently taking advantage of taking the mickey out of me and my supporting of Derby are concentrating on the the fans reactions, they are doing so because (a) we spent £25m and in their view still aren't very good, (b) 'The Derby Way', (c) Our perceived annual bottling at the business of the season, (d) getting Harry Redknapp, (e) appointing Darren Wassall.  I can honestly say not one person mentions the fans.

I don't think I am entitled to know everything about the club but would just like it to be ran well and in my opinion it isn't.  I know I don't know everything about my employer - and in fact there are things I know that others don't but I don't lie about these things and wouldn't expect those above me to lie to me.  Not knowing is very different to be being lied to.  

Can I please ask you;

- Do you think Darren Wassall was the most capable option / best manager available to us when we sacked Paul Clement?

- Do you feel the c.£25m we have spent this season has been well spent?

- Do you know what the Derby way is?

- Who do you think decided that we should bring in 'help' this week?

- Are we better now than the McClaren side that went to Wembley?

- Who do you think brings in the players?

Genuinely interested to know your thoughts.

You know mine. Consider going to Forest, not going to the others.

Semi flabellum

QED.

Just now, Bridgford Ram said:

I don't think I have or want the ability to destabilise things, do you honestly believe that I do?

it could be argued that it is more dangerous that anyone who raises concerns about the current regime is quickly shot down allowing those in charge to continue without challenge.  I am sure there is an Eastern European Police State analogy in there somewhere.

At the end of the day we both have different opinions (and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle), it doesn't seem we'll ever agree and I hope I am wrong in my opinion - but we both want Derby to win.

You're not just showing concern though, you're showing other things, as I mentioned.

I'm not shooting you down for having an opinion, and certainly not for an opinion differing to that of mine.

I'm shooting you down (if that's what I am doing) because you suggested a personal protest (overreaction in itself IMO), but one that doesn't start until after Forest.

That to me is like someone saying "That's it, I'm vegetarian, I'm never eating meat ever again... but not til after that mixed grill/barbecue next week!"

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

@trevor1946 it's either a poor performing team OR a badly run club that's causing the problems, I cannot see how it's both.

If you're a supporter, you support.

I'm possibly a hypocrite to some as I don't get to as many games as I used to, but that's not in protest.

You are singling me out cos it's me, which is fair enough. But regarding the person I am criticising, why not stay away from the Forest game? You're either protesting or you're not!?!?!

He is singling you out for the aggressive manner and the volume of your posts. 

Interesting snippet from this article: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Harry-Redknapp-praise-Rams-chairman/story-28948792-detail/story.html#ixzz43FqbTPJS

Redknapp said he had never met Morris until Monday.

"I did not know him. I had never met him in my life until I came up here on Monday," added Redknapp.

"I didn't know if he was 25 or 85.

"I was impressed with him."

I realise this probably looks like I'm stirring, but did Rush not say on the radio that Morris and Redknapp were friends??

Why would Rush feel the need to say that? I thought it was strange at the time, as there was no obvious connection between Morris and Redknapp - so the idea that they were buddies was very out the blue.

Makes it difficult to trust clubs spokesman when they're saying one thing, then being contradicted less than a week later. On the whole, I'd like to believe I can trust Rush, Morris, etc - but this sort of thing doesn't half undermine their public statements. 

For the record, I'm not anti-Mel by any means. Grateful for the £££ he's put into the club, and though mistakes have been made this season, I do think in the long run it'll all work out. 

Jesus, I've joined this late but seems ridiculous.. 

We've got some seriously insane Derby fans if there is talk of protest in our current circumstances. WE ARE IN THE PLAY OFF PICTURE. Any other season you would all be happy with that, but because money has been spent, you have all turned into Chelsea supporters. We support Derby County. Not Man City. Not Real Madrid. If you expect success as a result of spending money, then support one of these clubs.

Things haven't gone 100% our way, so what? that's football, if people are really discussing not going to the games again this season then wow. People always used to say Derby is a football city with great fans and support, that support is dwindling because we're not in the top 2? Grow up please. Imagine being a Charlton, Bolton or Leeds fan at the minute, count yourself lucky!

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

to some extent, but hardly the same. Mel has put money in, and has only been in control 8-9 months, he's made errors and is trying to correct those errors.

fans, as big as fans as you, giving opinions on a forum is fine. There are u happy fans. I never display my opinions and bemusement at games. I also dont sing anymore. (west stand and daughter in tow) I do clap subs on and off.

I would love Mel to correct any errors and learn along the way. Hopefully he will learn a lot. Promoting an in experienced manager was never likely to work. I would have been happier to have Harry or Warnock in situ as an interim to the end of season. In practical terms I would have supported them the same as Waffle. Ie zero practical.support. My dislike of Waffle will see me boo after a game if I feel he has made errors. He will get a lower threshold for booing after a game than Warnock. That said, I believe if Warnock had joined, his past demeanours would have lead him to be booed quicker than Waffle.

I have not booed in years. I know I will boo at final whistle if we lose Saturday and I am still in ground. But due to traffic and desire to watch non league Mickleover Sports I will.not boo and will leave at 90mins. I have been through Maxwell years (all our crap performances and we just booed Maxwell. Never a player. Not once can I recall a player being booed in Maxwell era when we got relegated. So fans do boo more. Which is not helpful. However do not assume the negative fans views on here mean they boo, criticise at games.

Archived