Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just listened to it. They are unsure he might be on the touchline with Wassall he might not (I'd rather him do that) and Wassall wanted some help basically. Also he might not be joining they are in talks not confirmed. 

Maybe Wassall will be the coach and Redknapp will do the manager role kind of thing.

13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

All of this from a feeling? Buy a packet of Kalms, find a dark room, lie down and relax. Over thinking things can sometimes make things look a hell of a lot sillier than they are in reality.

So its a lot less likely than who coming in?

Warburton - He's at a huge club, and could end up taking a lot of credit for getting them back to where they belong.

Pearson - Gamble. Heads gone. Probably picked up before June anyway.

Dyche - Off to the Prem.

Rowett - Good but nobody's convinced.

Karanka - U-Turn.

McClaren - Never going to happen.

Wassall - He'll be shot before he leads us out in September.

Redknapp - 50/50 on him. Some think he's a joke, others think he's a genius. So he's a possibility.

Stimac - Say's Derby Way to Mel, crowd pleasing enough to generate a feel good atmosphere again. Won't take any crap from the players. Knows the club. Knows Redknapp.

Its clear that Wassall isn't the man. But Wassall is prepared to fill the gap until June for an arrival. The poor bloke is out of his depth so he's put his hand up and said he needs help.

Right, an advisory role for 8 or 9 weeks- doesn't like the title technical director of football so its senior advisor.

Wow!

So its still Wassall as first team coach and as he's not good enough to do the first team job we'll bring in Rednapp to help him out.

FFS, just bring someone in who's capable of doing the job!

Liked your call Jim well done and totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Warburton - He's at a huge club, and could end up taking a lot of credit for getting them back to where they belong.

Dyche - Off to the Prem.

Karanka - U-Turn.

Redknapp - 50/50 on him. Some think he's a joke, others think he's a genius. So he's a possibility.

Stimac - Say's Derby Way to Mel, crowd pleasing enough to generate a feel good atmosphere again. Won't take any crap from the players. Knows the club. Knows Redknapp.

If you was to offer me a choice of Rowett or Stimac every day of the week, each of the 7 days I would say Rowett hands down.

Stimac doesn't say Derby way at all to me, he's never lasted more than a year in charge and the football at Croatia was absolute crap and the fans hated him with a passion.

He's now in charge of a mid table Iranian side, doesn't that tell you where his career is heading? Forget Stimac has played for Derby, forget his legend status here, Mel would be absolutely cruicified for appointing him and rightly so.

Just now, Daveo said:

If you was to offer me a choice of Rowett or Stimac every day of the week, each of the 7 days I would say Rowett hands down.

Stimac doesn't say Derby way at all to me, he's never lasted more than a year in charge and the football at Croatia was absolute crap and the fans hated him with a passion.

He's now in charge of a mid table Iranian side, doesn't that tell you where his career is heading? Forget Stimac has played for Derby, forget his legend status here, Mel would be absolutely cruicified for appointing him and rightly so.

I'm not saying Stimac is the right choice.

But Mel's clearly a man who would appoint someone like Stimac because he would think it's right and he wouldn't care what you or I or anyone else thinks. If he thinks it'll work. It'll happen.

Anyway, If Stimac is announced would you not be a little excited?.

Rowett signed a new contract at Brum late Jan.

5 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

But Mel's clearly a man who would appoint someone like Stimac because he would think it's right and he wouldn't care what you or I or anyone else thinks. If he thinks it'll work. It'll happen.

I cannot see Mel thinking this at all. 

1 minute ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I'm not sure what makes you think Stimac is a man Mel would appoint, because of the scarf and free tea gimmicks? As that's what this would be, a gimmick.

I wouldn't be excited in the slightest if we appointed him, I would be trawling Google for face palm and wtf memes as I would speechless.

How can you say nobody is convinced by Rowett? They were an absolute mess before he took over taking them from just outside the bottom 3 to 10th, this season they have been chasing a play off spot all be it drifted away slightly in recent weeks. 

What could he do with a better squad? 

Rowett would be on my shortlist, Stimac wouldn't even make it on to my toilet roll length list.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

I'm not sure what makes you think Stimac is a man Mel would appoint, because of the scarf and free tea gimmicks? As that's what this would be, a gimmick.

I wouldn't be excited in the slightest if we appointed him, I would be trawling Google for face palm and wtf memes as I would speechless.

How can you say nobody is convinced by Rowett? They were an absolute mess before he took over taking them from just outside the bottom 3 to 10th, this season they have been chasing a play off spot all be it drifted away slightly in recent weeks. 

What could he do with a better squad? 

Rowett would be on my shortlist, Stimac wouldn't even make it on to my toilet roll length list.

56e7d80062e96_wm-BiggestToiletPaper.jpg.

Daveo, like I said I'm not saying I want Stimac. I'm just saying I have a feeling it's him. That's all.

My first choice would be Warburton, after him Rowett. I said Rowett was good but nobody's convinced. In other words he's a sound choice but doesn't guarantee anything more than Clough did this early is his career.

We will see. But stranger things have happened in football than a team appointing a manager from a poor division/a former player. Wenger/Billic to name two (I am aware there are a lot of others who haven't been successful too).

43 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Dyche - Off to the Prem.

Karanka - U-Turn.

Its clear that Wassall isn't the man. But Wassall is prepared to fill the gap until June for an arrival. The poor bloke is out of his depth so he's put his hand up and said he needs help.

There you go, over thinking again! I don't know who he will appoint and to tell the truth, I don't even think about it. I will wait for the announcement and decide how I feel about it after that point. I will continue going to the match and supporting the team in the hope that things turn out fine.

By coincidence I'm currently reading Harry's latest shameless cash-in book....(err I mean worthy tactical analysis of football through the ages) and to be fair he goes to great lengths to describe how guilty he felt that QPR cheated us the other year. Maybe he wants to right that wrong? As he also has stressed he doesn't really need more money so maybe he's doing it for free......?  Surely he wouldn't want to make money on the back of that wrong...by agreeing to phone-in a cheerleaders role from Bournemouth?

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

There you go, over thinking again! I don't know who he will appoint and to tell the truth, I don't even think about it. I will wait for the announcement and decide how I feel about it after that point. I will continue going to the match and supporting the team in the hope that things turn out fine.

Overthinking is what we do when we don't know what is actually going on.

As a supporter/fan I like to speculate, rather than accept Wassall to be honest.

Just now, Super Johnny Russell said:

As a supporter/fan I like to play speculate, rather than accept Wassall to be honest.

Not me. I reckon you are probably a fair bit younger than me and have time time to learn that over thinking when it comes to anything Derby County related will do you no good whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

As a supporter/fan I like to speculate, rather than accept Wassall to be honest.

Speculate all you want dude but I know for a fact that Mr Morris won't make the mistake of bringing in someone with no Championship experience for a third time...  I hope :ph34r:

Unfortunately he has took his club into the cup semi final, but it was rumoured that Everton were not happy with Roberto Martinez, I would love him at Derby, experience of the championship , plays good football and seems to tick most boxes. With Everton looking to grow maybe he won't fit the new owners plans 

Archived