Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was shaking my head the moment Buxton came on for a corner, and immediatey started grabbing Mills' shirt. Had visions of him just giving away a ridiculous penalty.

Buxton is a terrific Championship player at times. I'm just not sure why every time we play against Forest he gets involved in grappling matches and comes across as a pub player.

How very dare you. Carlsberg pub maybe.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was shaking my head the moment Buxton came on for a corner, and immediatey started grabbing Mills' shirt. Had visions of him just giving away a ridiculous penalty.

Buxton is a terrific Championship player at times. I'm just not sure why every time we play against Forest he gets involved in grappling matches and comes across as a pub player.

Being able to foul and get away with it is a very important skill for defenders, and Buxton's as good as anyone at it.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Johnson wasn't poor. He was just anonymous, stuck out on the left-wing where we very rarely played. I really don't understand why we play him there?

I mean, if we had a genuine right winger looking to hit the by-line it could make sense, but we play Ince who drifts inside and Hanson who had a nose bleed everytime he went past the halfway line.

Hendrick, however, saw plenty of the ball and just kept losing it. Lost count of the amount of times he failed to beat a man, either getting tackled or walking the ball out of play. He's gone so far backwards.

Thorne was excellent. Did all the simple stuff well and made numerous recoveries.

Hanson I thought was aided by a really poor Ben Osborn. But on a few occasions, he got caught out defensively by being flat-footed or rushing in to tackles. Reminded me of Paul Boertien.

As for our performance. We have zero identity these days. I have no idea what we're trying to do at times. We are in desperate need of pace, on and off the ball. 

Thing is we have Olsson at Lb... He's got pace so in the absence of a proper winger it makes sense to have Johnson at LM. I don't think either Johnson or Hendrick played well maybe Hendrick is thinking of his legal problems. 

Johnson coming off and Russell on was the tipping point where we took over the game imo.

Ince on the left is far more dangerous and plays narrower than when he is stuck on the right allowing him to link up better and look more dangerous.

With Hughes getting fitter on the sidelines and Bryson looking more like his old self the team will only improve.

I would love to see Camarra for a full 90 mins if he is fit enough as he has looked a handful in the limited time on the pitch.

Johson is the enigma. He was a very good player at Norwich and I was happy when we got him,but something is not right as he does not get stuck in and his passing is very poor but the ammount of times he looses possesion is criminal.

I really hope we can get to the bottom of this quandry soon as he could be a major asset to the team when on song.

Great result and lets hope we kick on from here. I have booked off the playoff final weekend from work just in case.

You never know.....keep positive and good things will happen.

Such a relief and joy to leave the ipro today seeing smiles on peoples faces and having an extra zip in the step

Any number of positives to take if only you look for them :

- Harry taking only one half of watching to help inspire 'like the old days' performances from a good half of the team

- George, despite being desperately knackered, still working his way back to fitness and still working at changing Clement's instruction  of making him face the wrong way most of the game, doing a game winning block at the death

- Johny showing more touch, energy  and quality in 15 minutes than in the previous 15 games

- Bryson, being Bryson again

- Hanson, showing that the art of tackling is alive and well. Cant think of many better come to think of it.

- Bucko. You don't get out of this league without a Bucko or three

- Wassall. He' s made appalling tactical changes in virtually every game he's been in the job. But stood up today after a very difficult week (and listened, thank god). And made good tactical changes today.

- Ince. You know, if he plays with that attitude every game, he could be some player. And we might start calling him Tom sooner rather than later 

- Keogh and Shack, both continue having really good seasons 

Its been a wait. But its been worth it.

13 minutes ago, Jortat said:

Johnson coming off and Russell on was the tipping point where we took over the game imo.

Ince on the left is far more dangerous and plays narrower than when he is stuck on the right allowing him to link up better and look more dangerous.

With Hughes getting fitter on the sidelines and Bryson looking more like his old self the team will only improve.

I would love to see Camarra for a full 90 mins if he is fit enough as he has looked a handful in the limited time on the pitch.

Johson is the enigma. He was a very good player at Norwich and I was happy when we got him,but something is not right as he does not get stuck in and his passing is very poor but the ammount of times he looses possesion is criminal.

I really hope we can get to the bottom of this quandry soon as he could be a major asset to the team when on song.

Great result and lets hope we kick on from here. I have booked off the playoff final weekend from work just in case.

You never know.....keep positive and good things will happen.

I watched Camara In the under 21s mate and trust me stick with what we've got ! 

Just for shizz and giggles, some of the cream from LTLF over the last couple of hours....

• Mendez first touch is abysmal.
  • Struggling with Osborn. People keep saying how great he is and I lose count of how many times he gets brushed off, loses the ball or slips over.  I know it's not a popular opinion but he's overrated for me.
  • Olly burke looked very ordinary today didnt add anything to the team when he came on i honestly think hes not a very bright lad...
  • You need to watch the game again. Macheda was dreadful and Mendes not far behind.
  • (re Osborn)  I have to agree to a certain degree. He does get pushed off the ball quite easily. Also he's not lightning quick to get away from players.
  • Lihaj is bang 2cnd div class.....No promotion side would take him.
  • I keep looking out for Rotherham and MK Dons results
  • Thought we played well today and I hate Richard Keogh.
  • At least Paul Williams will be having a nice weekend.
  • We'd struggle to finish a bag of chips at the moment.
  • We have basically a group of players happy to tread water, and just do enough. Who can blame them on their salaries? Ok, they aren't good enough but I personally don't think they even want to be.

Workaday performance today for me but there are signs of a proper team coming together. Hanson and Olsson are a work in progress but it may be the best combination. Will Hughes could yet be Roy of the Rovers this season. We were short of one real genius of a player today, that is all.

Most I've celebrated a goal since Hughes scored the first goal against Brighton a few years back.

Marcus Olsson is a legend, a true champ and the best Swedish player in history.

Jake Buxton would murder my entire family for a clean sheet.

Bryson loves jaeger/haggis.

Keogh's eyes are staggeringly beautiful.

We're the best fans ever (not really).

We won.

Nothing else matters.

We managed to beat a piss-poor Forest team that had several of their better players out through injury,have lost 6 of their last 8 matches (I think I heard that) and are in the bottom half of the table,and have just lost their manager. They had the better of the first half,and we only came back into it because Redknap went into the dressing room at half-time.We produced 1 moment of excellent football to score,1 minute out of 90.89 minutes of dross,which if reproduced next season,would see us struggling at the wrong end of the table. Something is clearly wrong with us,if 'arry can't sort it out this season,we are going to need a miracle worker to get us on track for next season. I am not being negative just saying how it is,and most of you know I'm right.

Just now, top 6 finish said:

We managed to beat a piss-poor Forest team that had several of their better players out through injury,have lost 6 of their last 8 matches (I think I heard that) and are in the bottom half of the table,and have just lost their manager. They had the better of the first half,and we only came back into it because Redknap went into the dressing room at half-time.We produced 1 moment of excellent football to score,1 minute out of 90.89 minutes of dross,which if reproduced next season,would see us struggling at the wrong end of the table. Something is clearly wrong with us,if 'arry can't sort it out this season,we are going to need a miracle worker to get us on track for next season. I am not being negative just saying how it is,and most of you know I'm right.

You are being negative. 

You could just say we've won our last 3 home games without conceding. 

It was entirely predictable that we might struggle with no Christie down the right and Johnson on the left. Once Russell was on and Ince moved to the left we were much better.. but the original selection was hard to fathom.

11 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Jesus wept. Hopefully I never end up reading a post where you are being negative as I may end up taking a long walk off a short cliff.

There wasn't anything special about our football today, but we finally found the gumption to outwork a team who got stuck into us at every opportunity. We've crumbled way too many times when confronted with those kind of tactics this season and I was really pleased with the effort from every single one of our players.

16 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I think you've been on the gin.

26 minutes ago, Anon said:

Jesus wept. Hopefully I never end up reading a post where you are being negative as I may end up taking a long walk off a short cliff.

There wasn't anything special about our football today, but we finally found the gumption to outwork a team who got stuck into us at every opportunity. We've crumbled way too many times when confronted with those kind of tactics this season and I was really pleased with the effort from every single one of our players.

What!! you was pleased with the efforts of Johnson and Martin? were you asleep?

Archived