Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, McLovin said:

I'm not actually funnily enough but maybe it's because our current wingers have been really inconsistent. When we played Florist last year I said that someone like Antonio would be a good signing for us but got the usual comments like he only looks good in a poor team. Fast forward a year on he is playing in a team competing for the top 4 of the prem

Antonio has always run us rugged but Mendes was very poor today. And haven't convinced me at all whenever I've watched him play.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy we won but as a team something aint right. Slow build up play no movemant cant pass to own f..... players. Hanson  done well loved buxton motm for just coming on true ram. worst player b. Johnson dont know how he still gets picked to many bad games he just not good enough...

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not really. Mendes is probably better than all of our current wingers apart from Ince, I'd take Lansbury over Hendrick any day of the week and Osborn would make the sortta impact that Hanson has made.

Just because I saw this when someone else mentioned the wrist slashing on LTLF, here's a quote from there (although I've edited the swearing);

A few points:

We literally have no creativity.
We cant survive with a centre midfield made up of injury prone players.

Oliver Burke needs pulling down a peg or two and going back into the reserves.
Mendes can f**k off.
Macheda can f**k off.
Fawaz can f**k off.

To paraphrase others on there (and I guess they've seen more of Mendes than me), he's got no final ball, runs into defenders, ran around trying to get sent off, and missed a tackle in the build up to our goal. They all seem to be of the opinion Osborn had a poor game and as for Lansbury, see the highlighted comment about sicknotes. Other than that you're probably right.

I'd have taken Antonio though.

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lansbury can't be that bad if Dyche was chasing him all summer. We have a current player who picks up injuries regularly, Thorne. A fully fit Lansbury is a better player than Hendrick 

A fully fit Lansbury might be better than Hendrick, although I'm not entirely convinced of that. Moot point though as most of the time Lansbury would be crocked.

I suppose if we HAD to take a few of their players then fair enough. Otherwise, it would be slim pickings for me.

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Just because I saw this when someone else mentioned the wrist slashing on LTLF, here's a quote from there (although I've edited the swearing);

A few points:

We literally have no creativity.
We cant survive with a centre midfield made up of injury prone players.

Oliver Burke needs pulling down a peg or two and going back into the reserves.
Mendes can f**k off.
Macheda can f**k off.
Fawaz can f**k off.

To paraphrase others on there (and I guess they've seen more of Mendes than me), he's got no final ball, runs into defenders, ran around trying to get sent off, and missed a tackle in the build up to our goal. They all seem to be of the opinion Osborn had a poor game and as for Lansbury, see the highlighted comment about sicknotes. Other than that you're probably right.

I'd have taken Antonio though.

Agree re mendes. He looks like he's going to be ok, runs into space , carries the ball well, but dos eff all with it.

Hendrick he was f... **** as much as johnson dont they learn how to keep the ball and pass to own players. Wot do they f..... do on training pitch all week. Jake buxton is a ram is a ram all heart mate is on half the wages these other overpayed clowns are my no1 player.

I must be the only one who though Hendrick did alright. Not one of his best games, but I thought he did decent and started many attacks by dropping deep and picking up our ball.

Did think this would have been the sort of game to play Johnson in midfield, but don't care we beat Forest.

Derby games are normally scrappy and today's was no exception.

But we won, they lost, 10 out of 10 for all involved today and all moaners and nit pickers should be lined up against a wall and used as toilets by those out on the lash celebrating. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The more things progress, the more its that same core team who do the business. Johnson I'm becoming convinced doesn't work in this team, barely worked in Clement's, weimann and Bent don't figure, neither do Camara or Blackman particularly, Hanson is getting there, Butterfield has a role to play but it proves we needed tweeks rather than squad overhaul. 

I agree with the exception of Camara who just hasn't had pitch time. He needs some time to play and show us what he's got. I Am worried about Johnson though. He does work hard but doesn't seem to fit .. If he plays forward he looks a bit lost and in the middle he seems to create traffic jams with Thorne.

he did do one delightful flick over to Ince today and also had a reasonable crack from the edge of the box but they were just little sparks. I like him but he seems the odd man out when Butterfield can fill in for Hendrick or Bryson and we have Will waiting to come back. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I agree with the exception of Camara who just hasn't had pitch time. He needs some time to play and show us what he's got. I Am worried about Johnson though. He does work hard but doesn't seem to fit .. If he plays forward he looks a bit lost and in the middle he seems to create traffic jams with Thorne.

he did do one delightful flick over to Ince today and also had a reasonable crack from the edge of the box but they were just little sparks. I like him but he seems the odd man out when Butterfield can fill in for Hendrick or Bryson and we have Will waiting to come back. 

My thoughts exactly.

17 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Hendrick he was f... **** as much as johnson dont they learn how to keep the ball and pass to own players. Wot do they f..... do on training pitch all week. Jake buxton is a ram is a ram all heart mate is on half the wages these other overpayed clowns are my no1 player.

Spoken like a real fan after our team has just beaten its' biggest rival.

Is "10" your age because that wouldn't surprise me one bit?

Johnson wasn't poor. He was just anonymous, stuck out on the left-wing where we very rarely played. I really don't understand why we play him there?

I mean, if we had a genuine right winger looking to hit the by-line it could make sense, but we play Ince who drifts inside and Hanson who had a nose bleed everytime he went past the halfway line.

Hendrick, however, saw plenty of the ball and just kept losing it. Lost count of the amount of times he failed to beat a man, either getting tackled or walking the ball out of play. He's gone so far backwards.

Thorne was excellent. Did all the simple stuff well and made numerous recoveries.

Hanson I thought was aided by a really poor Ben Osborn. But on a few occasions, he got caught out defensively by being flat-footed or rushing in to tackles. Reminded me of Paul Boertien.

As for our performance. We have zero identity these days. I have no idea what we're trying to do at times. We are in desperate need of pace, on and off the ball. 

15 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I must be the only one who though Hendrick did alright. Not one of his best games, but I thought he did decent and started many attacks by dropping deep and picking up our ball.

Did think this would have been the sort of game to play Johnson in midfield, but don't care we beat Forest.

You are not on your own and it was Hendrick running beyond Martin and winning a header that was critical in the build up to the goal (well that and the fact that Lichaj isn't a very good footballer).

Archived