Corners

BerlinRam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are hopeless at set-pieces, except for Chris Martin's peaches and the very sporadic Ince on-target effort.

Corners are a joke, another season where strapping big defenders seem innocuous in the opposing penalty area.

No inventiveness or braveness going on at all. Just go and get stuck in, boys!

C O Y R

Only a really small percentage of corners go in anyway at these sort of levels of football. 

Even the brute teams will have a low conversion rate.

Needed Shack to get 5 goals for £1000. Not looking good is it?

I dont know the exact stats for the championship or Derby but ive got some premier league stats and they dont show corners in a great light

Only 20% of corners lead to a shot within three touches of the corner

Of those shots only 11% lead to goals.

This works out at about 0.022 goals per corner taken, or around 1 goal every 10 games

Corners really aint that useful, but I'd be interested to see how Derby's stats compare

Sauce: http://leastthing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-numbers-game-are-corners-really.html

15 minutes ago, BerlinRam said:

Looking at the stats of the last few games we are winning corners in double figures but when was the last time we scored from one?

Maybe we need a coach that specializes in set-pieces like Brentford?

Against Reading, Shackell scored

DW got 3 free beach balls with a tank of petrol at Tesco, and these are used in training for corners. What wrong with a bit of pace and spin on the ball ?

We've got a great corner taker down here at Exeter City , Lee Holmes maybe get him in for some coaching , also got Matt Oakley who can still keep procession and good first touch. I could arrange a masterclass from the Rams old boys.?

I'd be interested in how many goals are scored on break always after a corner. 

We only started leaving a player up v Hudderfield but I'd be interested in the stats if you leave 1 or 2 players up how many are scored from a break away. 

Was  infuriating not having any players left up from opponents corners as this gives you a next to zero chance of a break away , and if corners are so inefficient I'd say it's all the more reason to leave a few players up.  

7 minutes ago, England Ram said:

I'd be interested in how many goals are scored on break always after a corner. 

We only started leaving a player up v Hudderfield but I'd be interested in the stats if you leave 1 or 2 players up how many are scored from a break away. 

Was  infuriating not having any players left up from opponents corners as this gives you a next to zero chance of a break away , and if corners are so inefficient I'd say it's all the more reason to leave a few players up.  

Of course, it could be that corners are less effective when the opposition bring everyone back to defend them.

i'm not a fan of floating in corners or free kicks for that matter, well not with this team anyway.  Running into the box and then stopping will not amount to much.  Buxton could teach the lads a thing or two on that matter.  Also a midfielder with a good long shot should lurk just outside the area.  A tall mobile player on the far post (Hendrick?) and keep Martin where he is on the near and put Shackell on the goalie to make faces and go oogaboogabooga. 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 15:53, Alpha said:

Only a really small percentage of corners go in anyway at these sort of levels of football. 

Even the brute teams will have a low conversion rate.

Needed Shack to get 5 goals for £1000. Not looking good is it?

did you really expect him to score the equivalent to a third of his career goals total in one season? Hes never provided a goal threat anywhere hes played.

Archived