Favourite ever Derby game at PP/IPRO

Mafiabob

Reading through this thread thinking someone is going to mention the Man U game and no one has!?!

I Remember it being my 1st season 3-Mar-2012 we was fighting relegation and I couldn't wait for this match. I was 15 at the time. I don't remember too much from the game but I remember Christie scoring two goals sending the place into madness! Can't forget the naked man swinging on the cross bar then shaking Barthez's hand! I was innocent then not wondering what the hell I just seen as his jingle bells was moving back and forward making me cringe!

Then in the added time came one of my most best feeling I ever had to one of my worse in matters of seconds. Strupar shoots and Barthez couldn't handle the ball and Christie scores his hat trick against Man U the place went mental.. Only for the biggest low and confusion around Pride Park I've ever seen he as he disallowed the goal (Bit like Addison a few years back against Forest) no one had a clue what was happening!

Everyone knew it was a goal and like Gregory said it was literally because it was Man U that it wasn't allowed.. Here is a fantastic insight into the game makes me relive every moment reading it and that electric feeling:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/christie-denied-his-moment-of-glory-9271569.html

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it has to be the first ever league game, against Wimbledon. Now, I know that we only got about an hours worth of football until the lights went out, but it was the whole journey to the new stadium, finding new pre-match watering holes (There was no Merlin or fan tent in those days!) and generally trying to get used to our new surroundings.

I remember the whole night vividly. Ashley Ward scoring the first goal in front of the North Stand, Eranio the 2nd and then.........we all went home after it was called off.

Failing that, the 3-0 against the Dogs, in 2004. I was sat (for some reason !) in the West Stand Upper and they were even singing up there !   

I thought nothing would top that 5-0 Forest game for me, until the play off game against Brighton. I'd been to the Brighton away game and was confident we'd get to the final, but that display at home was absolutely superb, and that Will Hughes goal was the best ever. I  could watch that match forever and not get bored! 

2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Here is a fantastic insight into the game makes me relive every moment reading it and that electric feeling:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/christie-denied-his-moment-of-glory-9271569.html

Reading that line-up brings back memories of some of our failed signings of that era ... Ducrocq? (of sh1te)

99-00 season. We played Sheffield wednesday. It was hammering it down. We were 3-1 down after 90 minutes. The stadium was emptying. I stayed in my seat as I had a season ticket in the east stand and I was 15. George burley scored then Malcolm Christie. Was a great feeling think we had lost the game then in the space of a couple of minutes we got a draw. 

Far and away 5-0.

Distant second: PO against Brighton. Then Saints.

Most memorable beyond those three: the 2-2 draw against Man United which effectively relegated us. I ask again: why pay a "no pen" for them to equalise, then "overlook" Malcolm Christie being attacked in the box by 10 blokes bearing clubs and chainsaws.

Sob!

The 3-0 against Arsenal in the late 90s for me. I can remember being 3-0 up and Aresnal attacking late on in the game and my dad shouting "don't give them **** all", I was 8 at the time and it was about the time I started to understand the game a bit more and the fans around us were hilarious to an 8 year old lad I think.. "why aye you little bald headed ****".. that's just funny to an 8 year old me, couldn't stop laughing and have never had a better or funnier group of fans around me since. 

Am I really the only one who thought the 4-1 Brighton play off game was my favourite.

It was a high pressure situation to start with, as all play off semis are... and then we ended up really walking away with it, and enjoying our football We had the celebrations of reachign wmebley and it left me so confident for wembley i  really couldnt see any result but promotion.

The forest game wasnt as one sided, we just took our chances, and they took 0. It also followed a bad period for us, when we lost at home to millwall, and could only manage draws with reading and bolton who were mid-low table.

The ritual thrashings of the gumps are all up there. The coffee cup, Pesci 4-2, the 3-0 Rasiak gubbin, the Hulse and Buxton late glory headers, Carbonari's smash and celebration by the East Corner, even the Atwell "cheating/useless clueless" disallow goals for no reason match....

I was there sliding on me knees into the net on the sodden pitch after the Southampton semi.....

Brighton 4-1 was poetry in terms of pure skill and quality of goals.....

Thrasings of Arsenal, Liverpool etc with Bald Eagles Barmy Army echoing round the ground.....

I judge great games not just on the 90 minutes but the full day, so for me, it would be the 5-0 Bryson hattrick, Johnny worldy match purely for the accumulation of pure pleasure.

The match itself, 5-0 against your main rivals and neighbours. It really doesn't get much better than that.

Early kick off leaving the whole afternoon and evening to fully enjoy the celebrations.

Complete strangers singing Rams songs and hugging each other in Sadlergate 3 or 4 hours after the match had finished

Being in the packed Wardwick at 7pm when "Cheer up Stuart Pearce, oh what can it mean...." came on the jukebox repeatedly......never heard owt so loud and so passionately sang in me life....was still singing it when we fell off the train back in Utch.

Probably a number of wins in the George Burley season. What he had to take over, and what he achieved, was nothing short of superb playing with a wonderful style of football.

In that season we had a 3-2 win over Ipswich with both teams playing great football, we had a come from behind 3-2 win over Rotherham, Idiakez scored the best freekick I've ever seen live in a win over Plymouth.

Rasiak's goal against Stoke in the 3-1 win (Idiakez also scored direct from a corner) was insane too.

That was probably our first season playing a successful 4-3-3 too. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The ritual thrashings of the gumps are all up there. The coffee cup, Pesci 4-2, the 3-0 Rasiak gubbin, the Hulse and Buxton late glory headers, Carbonari's smash and celebration by the East Corner, even the Atwell "cheating/useless clueless" disallow goals for no reason match....

I was there sliding on me knees into the net on the sodden pitch after the Southampton semi.....

Brighton 4-1 was poetry in terms of pure skill and quality of goals.....

Thrasings of Arsenal, Liverpool etc with Bald Eagles Barmy Army echoing round the ground.....

I judge great games not just on the 90 minutes but the full day, so for me, it would be the 5-0 Bryson hattrick, Johnny worldy match purely for the accumulation of pure pleasure.

The match itself, 5-0 against your main rivals and neighbours. It really doesn't get much better than that.

Early kick off leaving the whole afternoon and evening to fully enjoy the celebrations.

Complete strangers singing Rams songs and hugging each other in Sadlergate 3 or 4 hours after the match had finished

Being in the packed Wardwick at 7pm when "Cheer up Stuart Pearce, oh what can it mean...." came on the jukebox repeatedly......never heard owt so loud and so passionately sang in me life....was still singing it when we fell off the train back in Utch.

Wouldn't it be Billy? Or were you that intoxicated it didn't really matter who?:lol:

Archived