Current Best 11

Sith Happens

Hendrick is probably the most frustrating player in the team. Obvious ability but inconsistent. For 70 mins yesterday we saw the worst of Jeff, last 20 mins he was at his best alongside Bryson and Thorne.

Team that finished yesterday is our best 11. Hughes will shake that up when fit. Unfortunate for butterfield but as technically good as he is, he slows play too much and has too many touches, doesn't get up to support Martin enough as he doesn't have the engine. He also can't tackle and let's players by him too easy. May be a case for Jacob to have a free role in front 3 but not when Ince plays like he did yesterday.

And Johnny Russell playing like that has to be in the team, not seen it enough recently and he was rightly dropped, hope he now shows the form of early season.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5 March 2016 at 20:33, needles said:

I don't know what people see in him. He's a good Championship player, yes, but Thorne, Hughes and Bryson is our best midfield. Hendrick on as an option. Butterfield? Not as good. Scores a goal, the occasional flash of vision and a good pass. Won't score as many as Bryson, won't pass anywhere near as well as Hughes, won't go past a player like Hendrick. Won't get anywhere near the XI.

While our old midfield still appears our best, unlikely to all be fit and firing this season. Butterfield was one of the few players trying to be positive in the first half against Hudds (as has been the case the last 2 months). I'm not sure how much of Will we will see before end of the season, so I think Jacob will feature a lot and rightly so. Second top scorer this season too

9 hours ago, sage said:

Carson

Christie Keogh Bucko Olsson

Butterfield Thorne Bryson

Russell Martin Ince

I would have gone with Bucko too but Shackell was far too dominant last game. Also think Hanson must start even though Thorne is our best player Hughes notwithstanding. Feels like we never lose when Hanson starts. 

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I would have gone with Bucko too but Shackell was far too dominant last game. Also think Hanson must start even though Thorne is our best player Hughes notwithstanding. Feels like we never lose when Hanson starts. 

Shackell's poor distribution wasn't so much of an issue on Saturday as Huddersfield played a very open attacking style. They weren't as organised off the ball. 

On 05/03/2016 at 20:33, needles said:

I don't know what people see in him. He's a good Championship player, yes, but Thorne, Hughes and Bryson is our best midfield. Hendrick on as an option. Butterfield? Not as good. Scores a goal, the occasional flash of vision and a good pass. Won't score as many as Bryson, won't pass anywhere near as well as Hughes, won't go past a player like Hendrick. Won't get anywhere near the XI.

Butterfield would be a good bench player if Will was getting kicked out of a game (eg Forest at home last season). He should not be seen as a CDM or back-up to one. Neither does he have the energy of a Bryson/Hendrick. Whilst Will is rehabilitating I think Butterfield is the closes we have to him and should therefore start most matches. Be good to see him last the 90 but he seems to run out of steam after 60-65 mins.

Carson

Christie Keogh Shanks Olsson

Butterfield Thorne Johnson [Hughes when fit]

Blackman Martin Ince

Just need a coach that can get the best out of them..............

Overall starting 11, (and despite the opponents) i think .... sorry no room for Jeff except on the bench

.................................................Carson......................................................................................................................................

....................Christie.......... Shackell........ Keogh...........Olson..........................................................

..............................................................Thorne.....................................................................................

...................................bryson.................................Johnson...........................................................................................................

...................................................Butterfield........ince......................................................................................................................

................................................................Martin.............................................................................................................................

Butterfield just doesn't have the engine to play the high intensity game we want to play. gets nowhere near Martin, and when he does commit can't get back and lets players go by him. Technically very good, lethal on the edge of the box, I think he would fit better in the front 3 than midfield, or wide in a 442 where he played for udders, where he's not required to defend. Jeff was hopeless for 70 mins but in that last 20 did more than butterfield did the whole time he was on. Jeff was worst player on the pitch when Jacob was subbed, which is why fans were unhappy. It was a big call by wassall but to be fair to him, it proved an inspired call.

On 3/5/2016 at 11:52, RamNut said:

Carson.christie.olsson.keogh.shackell.hanson.butterfield.bryson.russell.martin.ince

after today.

That's my current best 11 as well, may change if some get fitter or build the confidence

back up, this is our best bet at the moment.

Marsall

Baird                 Shotton             Pearce           Warnock

Baird        

Weimann                            Bennet                         Camara

Bent     Blackman

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Marsall

Baird                 Shotton             Pearce           Warnock

Baird        

Weimann                            Bennet                         Camara

Bent     Blackman

You are Paul Clement and I claim my £26,000,005

On 5 March 2016 at 19:52, RamNut said:

Carson.christie.olsson.keogh.shackell.hanson.butterfield.bryson.russell.martin.ince

after today.

Back of the net.

Archived