Current Best 11

Sith Happens

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Nope - Hendrick doesn't belong in there and Butters is in our top 3 players let alone 11

With you Chris Mills, providing Bryson and Thorne are fit enough to do at least 60 minutes. Though I do think Brysons energy helps drive Hendricks on.

Hendrick seems to go from one extreme to the other, no middle ground with that guy. Thorne/Butters/Bryson would be a nice 3 to try. Thought Hanson was good today though, hard to leave him out right now. Likes to move the ball quick.

28 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Nope - Hendrick doesn't belong in there and Butters is in our top 3 players let alone 11

He's a good player, but too passive and games go on around him far too much.

Everyone fit, he'd be lucky to get on the bench.

I think all our midfield players are all worthy of a start, but we can only play 3 in the formation that we do best at. We need to play the best 3 which give us good shape and balance and have possible 2 of them replaced in every match, due to the ground they cover and needed to keep the standard up throughout the 90 mins. I think DW got it right with his selection against Huddersfield, Hanson started because there was not a 100% fit Thorne. Hendrick's posture and gait always makes you think he is running out of steam, in my opinion is the midfielder with the most stamina, so that's why he stayed on. Bryson is only going to get better the more matches he gets, so he was the ideal player to come on and keep the balance right.

There will be no easy games for us or any other team chasing promotion at this point of the season. You have teams trying to get a top 2 spot, some trying for a top 6 play off spot, other clubs trying to stay in the division and the other teams not involved in relegation or promotion will have players impressing for new contracts etc.  To say who are our current best 11 is all down to who and what kind of opponents we have in front of us to play. Having very few injuries will make our run in better than other teams. So lets hope for no injuries, Will Hughes coming back into the squad in April and our best 11 can be good for any type of opposition with another 7 players just as good sat on the bench. 

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just said in another thread, the only guaranteed starters for me atm are Hanson and Bryson.

Are you referring just to the midfield positions or the whole team? Because surely Christie is a guaranteed starter given we've sold/loaned out the three backup right backs in recent weeks. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Are you referring just to the midfield positions or the whole team? Because surely Christie is a guaranteed starter given we've sold/loaned out the three backup right backs in recent weeks. :lol:

Yes, just the midfield. I am trying to multi task, typing bollux in two threads at the same time!

After 7 pints of Bass.....

Current best 11 on form and fitness would be .

Carson 

Christie keogh   shackell  Olsson 

Hanson 

Butterfield  bryson 

Ince               Martin             Blackman 

18 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Quite possibly the most bizarre post of the day. 

I don't know what people see in him. He's a good Championship player, yes, but Thorne, Hughes and Bryson is our best midfield. Hendrick on as an option. Butterfield? Not as good. Scores a goal, the occasional flash of vision and a good pass. Won't score as many as Bryson, won't pass anywhere near as well as Hughes, won't go past a player like Hendrick. Won't get anywhere near the XI.

11 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Oh, and.... 

Carson; Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson; Hanson, Thorne, Butterfield; Ince, Martin, Hendrick.

Hughes for Hanson when ready. 

Lining up how?

Honestly think we need to be more solid away from home! Perhaps...

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Christie 

Hanson Thorne 

Ince Buterfield Russell 

Martin

Solid as you like and some good creativity plus support for Martin!

Archived