Team bonding ?

stoneyram

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Hard to know what to think but frankly i'd like to hear that they are working on set pieces, because we seem to have no clue on them - and I can't remember the last time we scored on a corner.  I think it was Keogh. Clearly something not being worked on. That said, they can go on to a nudist camp, do Tough Mudder or go fox hunting as far as I am concerned, as long as when I am at the iPro i see good attacking football where we rip teams to shreds.

We all want the same thing. Sadly our approach to attaining this is frankly in my opinion a joke.  Would we really have believed at start of season we would have DW, Pat Lyons and Craig Short coaching us? Nope. And this is not the best coaching team we can attract. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I put this into Google translate, and hit 'detect language' but........... nothing!!

Simply........Under our current coach crowds will diminish, boredom already set in. And as a result there will be many seats available.

but radio listeners have double entertainment of craig's gloom and DW superlatives.

And how people were outraged when the "warm weather training" was cancelled.

It's clear that something more than just keeping trying is needed - becoming more of a team is clearly needed and if this helps them become more of a team then good.

If not, well, it's like they did this instead of training all week.

3 hours ago, igorlegend said:

HOW TO to learn who is boss....MM!

Mel suggested to DW to go to Silverstone cos Mel likes fast cars.......DW obliged.

cant train abroad as planned cos played garbage vs Reading. I imagine the players had made arrangements with their family for the trip abroad. Then had to toddle off home and tell their families they were nor going away for a few days.

Just seems bizarre the direct link of chairman to Head Coach over such matters whilst Sam strokes his beard in the background.

I am in minority and like DW post match interviews......for the unintended humour!! A highlight. More riveting than the performances. Not been this bored and uninterested in a good few seasons.

Yep and had nothing to do with the fact it was cancelled before the match as the Utd gane was announced on tv which meant we were playing Monday and Friday that week when they were expecting a Monday-Sunday/Monday week of fixtures.

32 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yep and had nothing to do with the fact it was cancelled before the match as the Utd gane was announced on tv which meant we were playing Monday and Friday that week when they were expecting a Monday-Sunday/Monday week of fixtures.

That's not going to wash as far as @igorlegend is concerned. He's on a roll.

2 hours ago, stoneyram said:

Thanks 47 is quite young 

and being ex red does not bother me that much but it just finished the list off . 

The playing side is really getting me down and his after match Crap. 

Are you happy ? 

It's not been great, no, but to say you hate him? Come on now

Is it just me who finds it a bit petty of the media and fans slagging off the club organising team day outs... I really couldn't care if they wanna go out to the races or whatever, racing is the 2nd best sport in my world so its a good choice :), don't know why they didn't wait until Cheltenham though, would have been a right good day out on Gold Cup day.

12 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Is it just me who finds it a bit petty of the media and fans slagging off the club organising team day outs... I really couldn't care if they wanna go out to the races or whatever, racing is the 2nd best sport in my world so its a good choice :), don't know why they didn't wait until Cheltenham though, would have been a right good day out on Gold Cup day.

No it's not just you. Don't know what the fuss is about. People who work together go out for the day and have a bit of fun. Will do more good than harm. So what

1 hour ago, rynny said:

got it. When tv schedules change by a day , Chairmen walk into changing rooms after games and calmly advise of new training plans.

may make sense to you. But why announce it during a rant after a disappointing home draw.

@Eddie......i Assume I correctly recall the moor farm brekkie ? MM admitted to being angry. We had two weeks of people claiming it never happened and a journo made it all up. Now its allegedly common sense to hold back the news of manure date changing, and then have a chairman update staff on new arrangements. Arrangements that belong to the manger and CEO.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how was the bonding organised then? It's not like it's an organised teamwork course run by a qualified business. A bit of messing about in cars cos Mel likes racing cars. Hmmmm.

I'm guessing that as today we have also announced the sponsorship of Avon tyres, that the two are somewhat connected.

Chances are that this happened after training, and is as much a PR excercise as  bonding, dont see the problem with this myself.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Anything at all that helps to galvanize them all into a "team" is ok with me. A day at a race track where they are all forced to be together has got to be better than all of them sitting at home/starbucks/shopping alone.

Why not do a proper 'bonding/teamwork' session as DW is writing them into the schedule? Just sounds a bit half-arsed tbh.

How about they are air-dropped from the Melcopter into deepest darkest Nottingham with no food, money or equipment and have to make it back to civilisation unaided?

The survivors would hopefully be the 11 for Huddersfield. Although we might have to bring through some u21s if less than 11 come back. 

"Escape from St Anns"

Revie's daleks were into bingo. Whatever gets you going is fine. As long as it helps, they could be bang in to tiddlywinks or twister for all I care.

I think its now reached def con oblivion for some and it doesn't matter what happens, it'll be picked apart by the expert fans. Saturday is meltdown, Sunday is meltdown, Monday is meltdown comedown, Tuesday-Friday is pick fault with anything and everything. 

I'm probably guilty though.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Delirious.

47, eh? We know how your parents celebrated the signing of Dave Mackay.

They could have been celebrating Willie.

Archived