Team bonding ?

stoneyram

DW - Team bonding ? We want to learning the best way to play these players and not wasting time on the track.  

How to track players - get it !

how to pass and move forward quickly

how to take a player on  

how to shoot on sight 

how to play with passion 

how to play with round pegs in the right holes  

how to take corners 

then this will get the fans back inside ! Get the buzz on match days

one last thing - I hate DW

Please feel free to add any more HOW TO ................

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOW TO to learn who is boss....MM!

Mel suggested to DW to go to Silverstone cos Mel likes fast cars.......DW obliged.

cant train abroad as planned cos played garbage vs Reading. I imagine the players had made arrangements with their family for the trip abroad. Then had to toddle off home and tell their families they were nor going away for a few days.

Just seems bizarre the direct link of chairman to Head Coach over such matters whilst Sam strokes his beard in the background.

I am in minority and like DW post match interviews......for the unintended humour!! A highlight. More riveting than the performances. Not been this bored and uninterested in a good few seasons.

I get the point your making, "they shouldn't be pissing around on track days they're footballers, they should be learning to play football instead as they're currently playing ****!".

I do think the team needs a bit of bonding though. Believe it or not, most of the Derby players do know how to do the above things (Shoot, pass, move etc etc otherwise they would simply not be footballers). We have been training every day for weeks and it isn't changing how we play so maybe there is more to it than that? Only the people closest to the players will know what the players need to perform.

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

You don't reward a set of bottlers with a trip to a racetrack.

I suggested paintballing not long back, get them running around and working for each other - something they fail to do on a match day.

Don't think the point is what activity they do more that they are doing something that takes the pressure off and reminds them how to have a laugh together...

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

You don't reward a set of bottlers with a trip to a racetrack.

I suggested paintballing not long back, get them running around and working for each other - something they fail to do on a match day.

Are you mad?. Did you not see Byker grove?. Poor PJ.

If the staff that work with the players throughout the week believe a day out team bonding is needed, who am I to argue?

I don't really see it as a reward, the reward on offer is a nice pay rise when we are promoted. 

3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The racetrack is the worse place for team bonding ,if they are competitive and I have my doubts with some of them it's win it or bin it .

I would force anybody off on a race day to win fook being a team, only one winner.

Point well and truly missed... by that logic, if they were paintballing for example, they would I assume be split into two teams. Say Martin is one team blue and Ince on team red. Both are competitive wanting to win and shooting against each other. Then surely this game of paintball would cause a huge rift between the blue and red team, and those players would never be able to work as a team together in the future because they had a game of paintball where they were on opposing teams?  

11 minutes ago, Casio said:

Point well and truly missed... by that logic, if they were paintballing for example, they would I assume be split into two teams. Say Martin is one team blue and Ince on team red. Both are competitive wanting to win and shooting against each other. Then surely this game of paintball would cause a huge rift between the blue and red team, and those players would never be able to work as a team together in the future because they had a game of paintball where they were on opposing teams?  

Not missed the point at all , have you never had the red mist come down on a track day? you definitely are not wanting to bond with the guy dicing at  high speed I would be happy to see him in the armco.

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Not missed the point at all , have you never had the red mist come down on a track day? you definitely are not wanting to bond with the guy dicing at  high speed I would be happy to see him in the armco.

Yeah but if you went on a track day with friends surely afterwards you would be excited to talk to that mate you were dicing at high speed with and have a good laugh about the near misses, events which I bet would be a highly charged and passionate conversation...

personally i feel everyone should stop having a dig at DW (including OP). He is doing the best that he can do, and 2 wins and 2 losses from his first 4, admittedly, not the greatest start, especially the two losses, but at the same time, clement didn't win in his first 5, and i don't recall people calling for him to be sacked, and i am sure plenty of other managers have done it in the past.. so i personally think everyone should stop being silly pick their toys up, and actually SUPPORT the club we all love..

I have had my say, now back to my corner i go

~Muzz

Why I hate DW. 

After match bull s#it

no positives from team in last four games

tacties all round - strikers playing as wingers 

players playing which are out of form BJ and JR and others 

mr get them fired up ! Having a laugh 

his voice does your head in 

yes man ! 

And being a ex RED DOG

with the right manger these players such win this league