Well Done Mel!

dcfcgodd

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can still make the play offs. We can still get promoted. But we would only get relegated with this lot. We aren't a team still. I don't hold on to much hope in us becoming one this season. Just a bunch of players. I am already expecting a mass exodus in the summer. But if we somehow manage to again fail to even make the play offs then you can add to that list. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

I am still to be convinced Ilson that HE had lost the players. The Brum defeat came if l recall correctly after the dressing room event.  It's all been downhill since a lacklustre one all draw against Reading, and a "rallying call" contents unknown.

How else do you explain the dour dour performances? And I don't just mean since the turn of the year we had been boring and uninspiring for weeks before our bad run began but people ignored it because we were winning and we were expecting things to click into place further down the line... 

So Clement turned out to be a risk that didn't pay off.

Was the big mistake to back Clement with so much in terms of transfer spending?

Has sacking Clement rectified the situation? NO. but it is a start.

Was bringing Wassall in the best move? We had a bounce and won a couple but fundamentally the same problems are still apparent.

Perhaps the experienced safe pair of hands til season ends would have been the right call.

Worst thing Mels done is damage Wassalls reputation, i feel for Wassall he's done wonders with the u21s. Mel should of either stuck with Clement who may or may not of turned it around, or got an expierienced manager in. He's done the worst possible thing imo, hope this expierience doesn't damage Wassalls confidence for his future.

Maybe we should now take stock, forget the rest of the season - over the last 2 months we have not looked good enough as a team for promotion, even the play offs!

Maybe we should look to see who would come in as coach [Wassall no] and do a rebuilding job in the summer - We have certainly got a number of quality players here, maybe too many?

I cannot believe we blown it in 3 seasons now, this time last season we sat top .......... but what has gone wrong 12 mths?

23 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Complete overreaction as usual.

We just need a manager who can get us playing fluidly and for that we'll have to wait for the summer.

Anything we achieve between now and the end of the season is a bonus, next year with some player culling and a settled strong squad is when we'll really come good I reckon.

A bonus?! The amount of money that this squad is worth (what we were fleeced for) and you are effectively writing this season off? What about FFP or the TV deal being paid to Premier league clubs next season that will put them even further ahead of us?

Saying we will come good next season is basically belittling the other teams.

Should we call him Agent Mel? After all, he had put a Red Dog in charge...

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Worst thing Mels done is damage Wassalls reputation, i feel for Wassall he's done wonders with the u21s. Mel should of either stuck with Clement who may or may not of turned it around, or got an expierienced manager in. He's done the worst possible thing imo, hope this expierience doesn't damage Wassalls confidence for his eggs

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Worst thing Mels done is damage Wassalls reputation, i feel for Wassall he's done wonders with the u21s. Mel should of either stuck with Clement who may or may not of turned it around, or got an expierienced manager in. He's done the worst possible thing imo, hope this expierience doesn't damage Wassalls confidence for his future.

yes I did question his appointment, can he go back into his previous job and will it sour his relationship with Mel if he appoints another man, looks messy to me.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am still to be convinced Ilson that HE had lost the players. The Brum defeat came if l recall correctly after the dressing room event.  It's all been downhill since a lacklustre one all draw against Reading, and a "rallying call" contents unknown.

The performance that led to the dressing room incident was awful. You can't blame Mel for that one.

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Derby lose, within half hour Mel to blame threads and brainwashing ******, to say this is getting seriously tedious is an understatement.

It's not that he's to blame. I think he's the one person that can do something positive about it. We need a manager.  There is no point having a Rolls Royce if you can't drive it.

7 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Wonders with the u21's? Who has made it? Hanson has kicked one worthy ball (against Norwich). Anyone else?

15 hours ago, Gritters said:

It's not that he's to blame. I think he's the one person that can do something positive about it. We need a manager.  There is no point having a Rolls Royce if you can't drive it.

True, just a shame people continue to act the ********. I don't think one of us there have said Mel has made no mistakes, pointless defending ourselves.

Definitely rose tinted glasses for some of you. In games last season and the season before we in a lot a games tore teams apart. We invested in the squad and look poor. Plus Hughes will be off if we don't make the play offs at least and Mel will get some money back. Wake up you lot who say nice things, Wassell is out of his depth. 

6 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Wonders with the u21's? Who has made it? Hanson has kicked one worthy ball (against Norwich). Anyone else?

Hughes Hendrick Hanson first team , Zanzala Rawson Lowe arguably on the fringes. Top of the table with the likes of Arsenal in the league.

Archived