Well Done Mel!

dcfcgodd

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I'd say this is a bit unfair. 

Clement definitely wasn't the right man for us that seems clear to me and plenty of other. 

Wassall is definitely not the man for the job either. Clueless. 

So why not keep clement until you had a suitable replacement? He's now wasted money paying clement off to get in someone even less experienced! It's also damaged the stability of the academy where Wassall was doing a great job. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Based upon what? He got us up to 4th in the league, losing 5 only in the process.  We were going through a bad run, most teams in the league do, he deserves to be given the season at least based upon what he had brought to the table to date.

This is more than a bad run, we have capitulated again, thrown in the towel, imploded, bottled it, call it what you will but it's ingrained in the whole team and staff, it's the attitude, we have players that are capable because we have seen it, they are just not playing as a team and with that tool wassall in place there will be no improvement, what was the game plan today ? Wolves were in pieces before the game with fans staying away, we should have ripped them apart, especially as they had just been stuffed by Brentford.

somebody has decimated this team and killed the spirit !

3 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Complete overreaction as usual.

We just need a manager who can get us playing fluidly and for that we'll have to wait for the summer.

Anything we achieve between now and the end of the season is a bonus, next year with some player culling and a settled strong squad is when we'll really come good I reckon.

Check the table, he may have played a more defensive game than we was used to, but we still have scored more goals than most the league.  The form table, really? I'll put money on it that we spent more time towards the top of it than the bottom, Brighton, boro, burnley, hull have also been near the bottom of that table, did they panic and sack the manager?

As for the no improvement, well we were 5 places higher than finished last season...improvement for me :-)

3 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Because the next man is probably unavailable til then and let's face it, it's all a bit of a muddle at the moment.

Fresh manager, good pre-season so everyone is clear about their job on the pitch and off we go.

If you're going to do that then why not give Clement the season then? Mel sounds like he knows nothing about the game and didn't have a sufficient contingency plan if things went wrong for Clement

Just now, LesterRam said:

I blame the owner for putting mass amount of his own wealth into a project, how dare he the tit :ph34r:

That doesn't mean he knows what he's doing though, I think a fair few Derby fans would put money in the club if they had that amount.

I'm starting to agree with the op. I was on the fence but he's not made one good decision yet... and that's scary for someone who made a billion tbh, hires an inexperienced coach, sacks him and replaces him with another.

We'll see who he hires in the summer but if its another man without experience then its obvious Mel hasen't a clue how to run a football club, you can forgive 1 mistake but its been many now. 

Not sure how Mel can take to sole blame for 'disrupting our club.' He's come in, appointed one of the most sought after coaches in world football as our manager and gave him probably one of (if not) the biggest wages in the league. He's spend 25 million on players that the transfer team/Clement suggested and has invested tons into the academy and the future of Derby County.

The major mistake he's made is replacing an inexperienced manager with another one, but Mel has done a whole lot more good for this club than he has bad. Just remember a few years ago before Mel was here, we were losing our best players like Brayford for cheap and would be happy to draw away games, regardless of the opposition ... now days we're taking other teams best players and I certainly can't see us selling the likes of Hughes, Thorne and Martin for a low price. 

5 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

So why not keep clement until you had a suitable replacement? He's now wasted money paying clement off to get in someone even less experienced! It's also damaged the stability of the academy where Wassall was doing a great job. 

5 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

Could you honestly see Clement stopping the rot? 

After the 3-0 loss at home to Brum I knew he'd lost the players... 

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If you're going to do that then why not give Clement the season then? Mel sounds like he knows nothing about the game and didn't have a sufficient contingency plan if things went wrong for Clement

Maybe the working relationship between owner HC or players HC was totally unworkable, that team selction v Fulham told me such picking players that were nowhere near the squad (having no idea about his best team), the Brum game and Fulham team selection told allot.

See who he hires in the the Summer !! I have totally switched off now was optimistic today against a very poor wolves side, who beat us and so did MK Dons in the last 4 games. So after 48 years as a derby fan I will try not to get too excited unless we bring a real solid Boss in. 

I think we thought we would just turn up today and win.  

I hope they watched a recording of Barcelona March during the week. And now Boro 1 nil up. 

20 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Complete overreaction as usual.

We just need a manager who can get us playing fluidly and for that we'll have to wait for the summer.

Anything we achieve between now and the end of the season is a bonus, next year with some player culling and a settled strong squad is when we'll really come good I reckon.

I love an optimist ?.

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

3 times.

Let's talk it through then. I don't agree with several things Mel has done. But humour me. 

What has he done wrong?

Sat top of the table 12 months ago, future looking rosy......have some injuries no support from owners to help Mac out and it starts to go pear shaped.

Mac then sacked.....by the board..... but behind the scenes when this took place there is a take over taking place and Mel comes in. I am 100% sure that Mel was aware and agreed to the sacking of Mac, as any major decision like sacking a coach would also be part of the negotiations for the new owner [this is common practice believe me].

New owner brings in new inexperienced coach and with good intentions spends millions of pounds, thinks its a good idea to do a changing room rant and undermine his coach and then sacks his new inexperienced coach for not playing the Derby way/not getting results/ not doing what he agreed to when he took the job/ not playing football that we were used to watching in the last 2 seasons[that was under Mac].

Now he replaces his chosen inexperienced coach for another inexperienced coach, but hey he's a family friend so its OK!

Brain Clough once said something about chairman of football clubs and its ringing true here.

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Could you honestly see Clement stopping the rot? 

After the 3-0 loss at home to Brum I knew he'd lost the players... 

I am still to be convinced Ilson that HE had lost the players. The Brum defeat came if l recall correctly after the dressing room event.  It's all been downhill since a lacklustre one all draw against Reading, and a "rallying call" contents unknown.

Archived