16/02/16 Podcast - Moor Farm Visit

Day

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18 February 2016 at 07:59, Mostyn6 said:

what software are you using @Daveo ?

I'm trying to think of the really good software I used, think it was an adobe audition.

Really easy to edit.

I've got a Skype plugin app to record the call and for the first Podcast I just threw it into GarageBand and played with the eq's a little.

Since then I've been reading and reading on how to improve the editing, since found out and been able to split the call into 2 tracks, myself on one and Scott and Stephen on the other as it records one side Stereo left and the other Stereo right.

Using Audacity I can split the call into 2 tracks and have one with just myself on, this will allow me to simply turn myself down and a little less Barry White.

To make things better I'll be sending Ambitious the same app as he's also on a Mac, take his recording so I can split him into his own track and looking at something for Srg now so hopefully I'll have 3 complete separate tracks, sync up, and adjust the volumes.

Fairly confident the next one will sound 10x better, I know Ambitious has also got a microphone arriving today which we're testing tonight and I'll have one for the next Podcast as well.

On 18 February 2016 at 08:06, davenportram said:

I don't like the way the podcast autoplays when I open the page. Especially when I am just checking comments after listening to it. Its worse when I click next page to find the latest comments and it plays itself again.

oh and it doesn't open on the page with latest comments on either.

It's set not to auto play and every time I've opened the page it's not started to play? 

Is auto play happening for anyone else?

The comment system doesn't work like the forum posts, won't take you to the latest, not much I can do about that to be honest

On 18 February 2016 at 08:33, Daveo said:

I've got a Skype plugin app to record the call and for the first Podcast I just threw it into GarageBand and played with the eq's a little.

Since then I've been reading and reading on how to improve the editing, since found out and been able to split the call into 2 tracks, myself on one and Scott and Stephen on the other as it records one side Stereo left and the other Stereo right.

Using Audacity I can split the call into 2 tracks and have one with just myself on, this will allow me to simply turn myself down and a little less Barry White.

To make things better I'll be sending Ambitious the same app as he's also on a Mac, take his recording so I can split him into his own track and looking at something for Srg now so hopefully I'll have 3 complete separate tracks, sync up, and adjust the volumes.

Fairly confident the next one will sound 10x better, I know Ambitious has also got a microphone arriving today which we're testing tonight and I'll have one for the next Podcast as well.

wonder if their us an app where you can mute one of the callers for recording purposes? So on yours you mute SRG for recording purposes only. That way you'd have two tracks of you and ambitious, and srg has the one if himself?

On 18 February 2016 at 08:36, Daveo said:

It's set not to auto play and every time I've opened the page it's not started to play? 

The comment system doesn't work like the forum posts, won't take you to the latest, not much I can do about that to be honest

It doesn't autoplay for me.

You have to click on the star for it to take you to the last unread comment (on PC anyway).

On 18 February 2016 at 08:36, Daveo said:

amazingly it hasn't done it this morning. But found out by accident that if I click the star next to the post in new content or brings me straight here. (I was clicking on the thread title like I do in the main forum)

On 18 February 2016 at 08:39, davenportram said:

wonder if their us an app where you can mute one of the callers for recording purposes? So on yours you mute SRG for recording purposes only. That way you'd have two tracks of you and ambitious, and srg has the one if himself?

The best way is for us all to record, that way our sound is not going through Skype and the Internet

On 18 February 2016 at 17:43, Mostyn6 said:

I'm not sure @Daveo if the above post is already covering this, but is there any way we can know if new posts have been put in the podcast sections?

It does go into the unread content but I'll be talking to the others on Skype tonight about a few things and it has been noted how some are finding it difficult to find so it may all be moved to a board on the forum itself, we would lose all comments as theres no way to move them like we can on the forum

15 hours ago, davenportram said:

they like the sounds of their own voices - surprised Mel got a word in

He didn't. We just said what we thought he would have meant - like everyone else does. Mel didn't even turn up, so disgusted was he at the absence of bacon and sausage.

Archived