16/02/16 Podcast - Moor Farm Visit

Day

The long awaited DCFC Fans Podcast has finally arrived, srg is our guest for us today as we discuss the trip down to Moor Farm to see Mel Morris for a meat free breakfast before the MK Dons game on Saturday.

The Podcast has been submitted to iTunes and is currently under review and awaiting email confirmation, as soon as I get this I will let you all know.

*Apologies in advance for audio volume issues which will be fixed for our next Podcast. Thanks for listening!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16 February 2016 at 15:48, davenportram said:

interesting that you all agreed Keogh being marked by a centre forward had an impact because Shackell was lumbering on the ball. Could Shackells lack of distribution be having an impact.

Definitely, but it's the frustration more of him not doing the simple thing. The pass is often there, he just won't play it. 

On 16 February 2016 at 16:15, WorksopRam said:

I always read it as 'Surj' in my head. 

ps. Do these have to be so long? 

When I talked to Ambitious about the idea I said an hour max, last night we was online for an hour ourselves before talking whilst waiting for Srg he thought half hour was enough, sort of said ok anywhere between half hour and an hour max.

Had a rough guideline of subjects and how long to stay on without being too rigid but that got scrapped as it was all over the place! 

Honestly didn't realise how long we had actually been on until I opened the recording late into it and realised we had topped an hour so tried to wrap things up.

Will keep a better track on time in future

On 16 February 2016 at 16:40, Daveo said:

When I talked to Ambitious about the idea I said an hour max, last night we was online for an hour ourselves before talking whilst waiting for Srg he thought half hour was enough, sort of said ok anywhere between half hour and an hour max.

Had a rough guideline of subjects and how long to stay on without being too rigid but that got scrapped as it was all over the place! 

Honestly didn't realise how long we had actually been on until I opened the recording late into it and realised we had topped an hour so tried to wrap things up.

Will keep a better track on time in future

It's no problem, I'm sure a lot don't mind. I hate not listening/watching things fully though, so I think I'd about half an hours worth each time. 

On 16 February 2016 at 18:14, Boycie said:

I think as it was about the meeting at Moor Farm generally, it's understandable that it went over the hour mark.

Yeah, not surprising we had a lot to cover given the past week! Can't imagine every couple of weeks will be so eventful!

I love a podcast. I whack it on when I'm doing summat else like gaming or plucking my eyebrows, good background for concentration. I was really disappointed when the last one ended, but this one is excellent. 

Friendly, natural, laid back, insightful, funny, I enjoy it more than the last lot, by loads. Well done all involved and long may it continue. 

Now where did I put my tweezers. 

On 16 February 2016 at 20:36, TrueLou said:

I love a podcast. I whack it on when I'm doing summat else like gaming or plucking my eyebrows, good background for concentration. I was really disappointed when the last one ended, but this one is excellent. 

Friendly, natural, laid back, insightful, funny, I enjoy it more than the last lot, by loads. Well done all involved and long may it continue. 

Now where did I put my tweezers. 

Shucks, better than the last lot. Well that's a bit in your face to the ramscast guys.

(not a competition though.)

On 16 February 2016 at 20:39, Boycie said:

Shucks, better than the last lot. Well that's a bit in your face to the ramscast guys.

(not a competition though.)

Not really. I really enjoyed the last lot, as I said I was disappointed when it stopped. Just enjoyed this one more if I'm being honest. 

I listened to all of it with a break in the middle. The length of it isnt really a problem, you can pause and restart. I like to listen while doing other stuff and ive missed Joel's lot so I'm glad you're doing a more than adequate replacement. 

I get that this one was a one off in terms of subject matter so I imagine future ones will be more structured, but even with the topics being a bit all over the place the conversations were sensible. Who knew srg was so intelligent?! 

Well done, really enjoyed it, very entertaining.  A big yes vote from me! 

On 16 February 2016 at 22:11, Ewe Ram said:

I get that this one was a one off in terms of subject matter so I imagine future ones will be more structured, but even with the topics being a bit all over the place the conversations were sensible.

Sorry about that, I'll make sure they are not as sensible in the future, it was never the intention!

Who knew srg was so intelligent?! 

He's gone from being a forum troll to intelligent in a week, amazing what we can do when you replace the keyboard with a microphone.

Thankfully he's agreed to join us tonight as a host and will be on for every podcast.

Thanks for your comments, means a lot and @Srg here you go, can stop moaning now.

Archived