We've won a game! Let's list the positives

Kernow

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I didn't listen to the interview but people are tweeting Owen Bradley about a question he asked DW about a player's tweet? Anyone know whose it was and what it said?

It was about because DW complimented Darren Bent but someone had tweeted that he only had 6 touches. Radio Derby a bit neg at the moment.

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I didn't listen to the interview but people are tweeting Owen Bradley about a question he asked DW about a player's tweet? Anyone know whose it was and what it said?

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

It was about because DW complimented Darren Bent but someone had tweeted that he only had 6 touches. Radio Derby a bit neg at the moment.

No it wasn't. It was about Warnock 'revealing' he wasn't playing.

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

It was because Warnock had tweeted he was out for coffee with a friend and "gave away" that he wasn't in the squad. DW explained he let Warnock know yesterday, Bradley still kept going on, pointless questioning IMO, very much doubt any game plan was given away because Warnock let people know he wouldn't be in the starting line up.

56 minutes ago, YouRams said:

That being said JR should have as much criticism for not finishing a chance again

The team won - for me, that's enough today. Saying that, there are plenty churlish, miserable sods around for who it will never be enough under any circumstances, of course, because they have a pathological need to compartmentalise players into heroes or scapegoats - sometimes both at the same time.

Based on the Radio Derby interview alone, we have a manager I can relate to.

Based on stats and the commentary we have strayed back towards a high pressing, faster tempo, passing game that is closer to the football of 2013/14.

They took Holloways words from before kick off at Cardiff v Brighton, and rammed them back down his throat.

15 minutes ago, archied said:

Yep was about warnock and also c Martin mentioned players should not sulk ,, first glimmer of a team spirit being fostered?

Yeah sounds it and to be fair to warnock all he said was that he was meeting up with a friend in his tweet. Then in a later tweet he wished the boys good luck. Wassall basically said he didn't care as he told warnock yesterday he wouldn't be involved. I think Radio Derby were trying to make an issue of it but Wassall wasn't having any of it.  Good to see Weimann tweeting after the game too even though he wasn't involved. 

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

No it wasn't. It was about Warnock 'revealing' he wasn't playing.

Correct , son . 

They also tried to imply Wassell mentioned 'papering over cracks ' which was totally wrong as it was a previous caller who said that , No wonder it wasn't repeated second time it was aired ..

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

The team won - for me, that's enough today. Saying that, there are plenty churlish, miserable sods around for who it will never be enough under any circumstances, of course, because they have a pathological need to compartmentalise players into heroes or scapegoats - sometimes both at the same time.

If that's aimed at me, my point was its unfair to single out Bent when IF criticising JR would deserve as much as him. Maybe im giving off a negative vibe as two long months of negativity has rubbed off on me, wasn't meant in that way though.

Archived