DLF

scarboroughwa

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Wouldn't work now would it - 

The franchise sing, I don't know why,

Cos after after the match, you're going to be accompanied back to the station by a few coppers and some disillusioned Derby fans throwing mild insults your way! 

Just doesn't have the same ring!

MK Dons, I don't know why

but we left ear - ly, with a sigh.

not a hint of, " its a long way to derby station, its a long way to go" :(

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ossieram said:

Early 80's when they became the DLF, They had their 30 year piss up a couple of years ago and a load went to Boro for drinks and upset the old frontline lads. Although you had boot boys and hooligans a long time before them, the DLF were only named after an article in the Derby Telegraph.

yes and no top cop said in the DT that derby had a lunatic fringe of 500 that waited in side streets from the BG to the station. and trust me that was early 70s  I was one of em

After i seen a pic of @ossieram and my Dad on top of the fence in the popside with the hair cuts those days. No wonder people were fighting. I would be angry too!

Interesting story a few months back was on a night out when someone spilt my Dads (Hate keep saying Dad sound like B4 lol) so my Dad asked him to buy him a drink back. He refused and he was out of it drugs the lot. My Dad tried to give him a bit of a nudge so to speak and he didn't even react. Some bloke got talking to my Dad who seen it and randomly started talking about the DLF.

My Dad then said he was in it etc back in the day from that moment on he idolized him saying he's a inspiration etc. he was a big big bloke someone you knew liked trouble. He offered to beat that lad up which my Dad refused. He wouldn't leave us alone then.. 

It made me laugh that someone could idolize someone for being in a football hooligan group lol.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The DLF was unheard of back in the 70's. As Ossie said it was early 80's when the name started being used. I remember huge letters made up of smashed seats spelling DLF in the middle of the pitch after a game at Shrewsbury in 81 or 82?

Travelling round the country, mostly by train in those days, could be a bit hairy at times (and that's just the feather cuts!) so you sort of gravitated toward the lads for protection, and to be honest, for the excitement and adrenaline rush. Sounds silly now but when you was in your late teens it was kind of cool to be part of the mob.

No regrets, it was part of growing up and I enjoyed every moment of it although we were never part of the DLF or any organised stuff. The chaotic, tribal warfare of the 70's was enough....You'll never take the Popside!

Thought you spent this period running around train stations.... 

Came out of Fulham Broadway station one Saturday evening last year just as Chelsea were finishing. Stood on Fulham Rd having a ciggie when 2 x middle aged bald, fatties wearing Lyle and Scott regalier approached asking for a light... 

I asked them what the score was... They asked me if I was Chelsea... I told them Derby... Had the ciggie with them and just as I was leaving they said " how's your seats"!!! 

Tw@ts... Lol

39 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Came out of Fulham Broadway station one Saturday evening last year just as Chelsea were finishing. Stood on Fulham Rd having a ciggie when 2 x middle aged bald, fatties wearing Lyle and Scott regalier approached asking for a light... 

I asked them what the score was... They asked me if I was Chelsea... I told them Derby... Had the ciggie with them and just as I was leaving they said " how's your seats"!!! 

Tw@ts... Lol

You should have asked them how their fans heads were! Tw@ts tried to copy Leeds but didn't realise that we had been moved from the Ossie end and they were hitting their own.

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I remember the days before segregation .................................nothing ever kicked off in the boys corner!

It did when we tried invading the pitch and my mate got shoved back into the pen by a steward and cracked his head on the terrace.

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

You should have asked them how their fans heads were! Tw@ts tried to copy Leeds but didn't realise that we had been moved from the Ossie end and they were hitting their own.

Forgot all about the seat throwing, only one I really remember was when Leicester came down for the Burton game, that goalie (Alcock?) got k.o'd and the replay was behind closed doors from memory.

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Warnock was Burtons manager then

blimey i knew he was getting on, but a manager back then? he still does ok at left back for us though

6 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I remember the days before segregation .................................nothing ever kicked off in the boys corner!

Blooming did - I had a set-to in there with a ******** from Chezzy

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Warnock was Burtons manager then

Bet that bloke advertising the crisps with big ears was up front for Fester, all I remember is Burton being woefully outclassed and the fans deciding the Ossie end need renovating.

Archived