DLF

scarboroughwa

I've always thought of them like Kaiser Sosze, never seen any evidence they were real, but used to chant D, D, DLF when I 1st started going to matches, along with 'You're going home in a Derby ambulance' and 'The ???? sing, I don't know why, cos after the match, you're gonna die'.

For reference, 1st game mid to late 80's.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, archied said:

Don't know of ssa, not seen Kev Mach since the liecester play off final though ,,,the name chinner rings a bell though,, long time since I lived in newhall and stood on popside and ossie end

Saw Kev at Fulham, he goes to every game, he was the Derby fan on the FA Cup draw programme when we got Man U, he owns a pub in Bedfordshire, I gather the Neptune bus calls in there on the way to London games!

1 hour ago, archied said:

Don't know of ssa, not seen Kev Mach since the liecester play off final though ,,,the name chinner rings a bell though,, long time since I lived in newhall and stood on popside and ossie end

Kev still goes to games and can be found in the Neptune if he arrives in Derby early enough and has been known to drop into the tent for a drink if he's running late. If he knows you, he can be found on facebook.

23 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Grown men turning up to football for a scrap infront of innocent fans that are there with their kids and getting innocent people caught up fighting.... Oooo they're all hard... Pathetic 

Must take issue with your post G-Ram.

We weren't grown men (I was just turned 16 at the match I mentioned), it was after the final whistle and Man United hooligans invaded our pitch. Innocent fans and their kids would have just left the stadium.

Oh, and I wasn't hard, just pathetic.

And innocent people weren't caught up in the street fighting either. They were barricaded in their homes until a good couple of hours after the match.

Apart from that, I agree!:D

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

And innocent people weren't caught up in the street fighting either. They were barricaded in their homes until a good couple of hours after the match.

What was that street that led down to the away end? Always used to crease me, the old dears never barricaded themselves in, they would stand on the front step in their stockings, probably with a fag on as if to warn the "boys" off smashing windows.

Always thought they had the mentality, if the Germans didn't scare em a few spotty kids, swearing were never going to!

10 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

What was that street that led down to the away end? Always used to crease me, the old dears never barricaded themselves in, they would stand on the front step in their stockings, probably with a fag on as if to warn the "boys" off smashing windows.

Always thought they had the mentality, if the Germans didn't scare em a few spotty kids, swearing were never going to!

Colombo Street leading down to Shaftesbury Street is what your probably thinking of.

43 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You're on the wrong forum Tombo if you want to meet people in Markeaton Park after dark......:o

I think I may have drastically misunderstood what DLF stands for. Derby League of...

Actually you know what, I've got it all wrong. My apologies.

44 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've always thought of them like Kaiser Sosze, never seen any evidence they were real, but used to chant D, D, DLF when I 1st started going to matches, along with 'You're going home in a Derby ambulance' and 'The ???? sing, I don't know why, cos after the match, you're gonna die'.

For reference, 1st game mid to late 80's.

Chelsea see, I don't know why,

But after the match, you're gonna die

followed by unco-ordinated jumping up and down whilst nananananana ing to the same tune.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

That had the corrugated fencing and halfway down was a social club for the foundry workers. 

I was talking about the Leys social club at the MK Dons match last week. My mate who has a season ticket next to me in the South Stand, worked there 30 years ago.

He used to have a pint or two there after work on a Saturday morning, they'd come out the club and usually straight into the away fans coming from Ossie Road and Royce's car parks.

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Chelsea see, I don't know why,

But after the match, you're gonna die

followed by unco-ordinated jumping up and down whilst nananananana ing to the same tune.

Wouldn't work now would it - 

The franchise sing, I don't know why,

Cos after after the match, you're going to be accompanied back to the station by a few coppers and some disillusioned Derby fans throwing mild insults your way! 

Just doesn't have the same ring!

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was talking about the Leys social club at the MK Dons match last week. My mate who has a season ticket next to me in the South Stand, worked there 30 years ago.

He used to have a pint or two there after work on a Saturday morning, they'd come out the club and usually straight into the away fans coming from Ossie Road and Royce's car parks.

Some of the blokes at Leys would have loved that! My granddad worked there for years and had hands like shovels and skin like leather.  

Archived