X-Files

Wolfie

Caught up with the first of the new series last night. On the whole, very pleased with it. They've even kept the original titles - which brought it all back.

Judging by the propensity for conspriacy theories around here at the moment, I'm guiessing I'm not the only one to have seen it?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive X-Files fan here, watched the 1st episode on Monday night and whilst feeling that it moved along a little to swiftly was happy to see the old cast back together again :)

Quick question... how have you guys watched the first 4 episodes already?

2 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Episode three was the biggest crock of **** you're likely to see, and episode four wasn't much better. You guys saying all four have been good so far must be on something.

The third episode is very marmite. Some loved it, some absolutely hated it. 

The X Files, the original series, had a number of different 'templates' for its episodes. Those who didnt expect this series to do exactly the same, cuckoo land :)

22 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

The third episode is very marmite. Some loved it, some absolutely hated it. 

The X Files, the original series, had a number of different 'templates' for its episodes. Those who didnt expect this series to do exactly the same, cuckoo land :)

Yeah all my mates at school hated the alien conspiracy ones but liked the monster/ghost ones.

Don't think I've seen a full episode of any era X-Files, seen bits of them I think when channel hopping and obviously there are countless cameos and references elsewhere. 

I might check out the new stuff.

20 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah all my mates at school hated the alien conspiracy ones but liked the monster/ghost ones.

The conspiracy episodes (or mythology as they seem to be called now!) started out quite strong over the first few seasons. Unfortunately, in later years it became more and more apparent that they were making it all up as they went along. The monster episodes were quite strong throughout.

11 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

The conspiracy episodes (or mythology as they seem to be called now!) started out quite strong over the first few seasons. Unfortunately, in later years it became more and more apparent that they were making it all up as they went along. The monster episodes were quite strong throughout.

Eugene Tombs. He was a good monster. Always remember that name for some reason. 

Just watched the 2nd episode, brilliant best programme ever ! Thank god it's back (if there is a god or are we decendants from an Alien race, Fox knows....the truth is out there) :thumbsup:

Archived