X-Files

Wolfie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the third episode with he lizard monster. Loved it. I'd forgotten how much the X-Files could change it's tone from one episode to the other. I don't think it was an accident that Scully had basically that same line 'I'd forgotten how much fun it was working with you Mulder'. I'd forgotten the X-Files was fun.

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Just watched the third episode with he lizard monster. Loved it. I'd forgotten how much the X-Files could change it's tone from one episode to the other. I don't think it was an accident that Scully had basically that same line 'I'd forgotten how much fun it was working with you Mulder'. I'd forgotten the X-Files was fun.

I thought the lizard one was stupid not helped by some terrible acting by the lizard and his awful American hill billy accent.

46 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I thought the lizard one was stupid not helped by some terrible acting by the lizard and his awful American hill billy accent.

It was a terrible his billy accent, but it was a very good New Zealand accent, which would make sense, as he's played by a Kiwi comedian, Rhys Darby, who has appeared in films like Yes Man. Might have been interesting to have some reference to why a lizard turning into a man would have somehow turned into a Kiwi man, but actually, it makes it all the more random. Love it.

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It was a terrible his billy accent, but it was a very good New Zealand accent, which would make sense, as he's played by a Kiwi comedian, Rhys Darby, who has appeared in films like Yes Man. Might have been interesting to have some reference to why a lizard turning into a man would have somehow turned into a Kiwi man, but actually, it makes it all the more random. Love it.

Whatever, not very good casting.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

the third one was one of those 'lets have a laugh about / at ourselves episodes, they always had one silly one in every series. I thought Mulder having the theme tune as his ringtone was funny.

And the Scully fantasy sequence was always welcome. Wasn't really seeing it til then, couldn't remember why I had her poster on the wall next to Jennifer Anniston. Now I can remember. It's all flooding back to me. 

Saw the last episode yesterday. Although these new episodes weren't as good as the old ones they were still pretty good especially compared to the c*ap tv produces now. I wish they would make a one more season.

1 hour ago, Cisse said:

Saw the last episode yesterday. Although these new episodes weren't as good as the old ones they were still pretty good especially compared to the c*ap tv produces now. I wish they would make a one more season.

They got nothing on this guy

grammer.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see the X Files back but I thought the last epiosde was very poor.

Surely they could have mocked up some fake news footage from around the world instead of just showing that one bloke & his video blog talking about the global pandemic. It all just felt really low-budget.

No decison as yet on another series, by the look of it.

Archived