Keogh Captain

Cam the Ram

12 minutes ago, valleyram said:

hes been our best player this season and I think he deserves the captaincy back , hes showed the right attitude which plenty in the team don't have

He has been at fault for more goals conceded that any other player in the squad....Bucko should be in there instead of him, actually, Wassail, Short or Walker should be.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

not quite sure what you are saying cheron85 ?

boo boys as in booing the guy every time he touches the ball (didn't really here any of that directed to him as an individual) or boo boys as in members of the crowd shouting comments ? or boo boys as in keyboard warriors ?

All of the above...

Think it might be beneficial if we just all went "let's see what happens then as he's improved greatly this season" rather than "oh well this is a mistake because when he was captain before I thought he was bad and the only change now is he's not been captain"

Maybe a fit Thorne and a stable partnership at the back are more influential to his game than an armband?

Just now, cheron85 said:

All of the above...

Think it might be beneficial if we just all went "let's see what happens then as he's improved greatly this season" rather than "oh well this is a mistake because when he was captain before I thought he was bad and the only change now is he's not been captain"

Maybe a fit Thorne and a stable partnership at the back are more influential to his game than an armband?

Agree with this, having a better partner far outweighs not having some bit of material around his upper arm as a reason for improved performances.

1 minute ago, tombomb said:

great, make the biggest liability undropable again. oh dear oh dear 

You mean the guy who's played every single game this season while being "droppable"? 

Make one of the longest serving players, and one of the most consistent and improved players the captain. Makes sense to me. Plus, he's on the pitch a lot more than Baird.

As has been said, a settled back four, and the excellence (save for one game) of Shackell has done more for Keogh than not having the captaincy. 

****  me! It's been five minutes and the Keogh haters are already out! 

It's imperative to get behind the team and the players now and not make pathetic assumptions that the captaincy adds pressure.

If any body else warranted the armband them they would have got it. But Keogh is the natural leader in our team that's respected by our best players. 

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

Scarlet pimpernel my friend You are obviously not a leader of men and know not of what I speak ! Let's just hope that he continues to perform as he has this season and not last season.

Au contraire..........I found leading men on the football pitch (not in that way) very easy. That's why I don't understand your worry! ;)

1 hour ago, Reithe glas said:

If that was the only function of being a captain nobody would give a **** who got it. Captaincy involves being the on field manager, responsible for motivation, organisation, ensuring people are carrying out their tactical duties. It's a heavy workload and RK is twice the player when it isn't his.

That's not correct Reithe my friend.If you think that i understand your worry but you are wrong. Lead by example and encouragement I'll give you but that's all. Professionals know their jobs especially the experience we have in the team.

16 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

****  me! It's been five minutes and the Keogh haters are already out! 

It's imperative to get behind the team and the players now and not make pathetic assumptions that the captaincy adds pressure.

If any body else warranted the armband them they would have got it. But Keogh is the natural leader in our team that's respected by our best players. 

Agreed.

Reality is that we knew something was awry when Clement made Baird captain. It was the most idiotic captain selection ever. You have a proven premier league captain coming in from Burnley; you have natural leaders already there (Thorne:Keogh) and you have a weak backup player who had no real position and who was clearly going to be on the fringes of the team and you pick him?? The least motivational guy on the team is Chris Martin who ambles around the field and throws up his arms at every teammate - so u pick him when your main captain proves to be poor ... Then you turn to the back up left back who may be one of the weakest players on the team, and you pick him. And you wonder why the team is unmotivated.  It's actually quite mind boggling. if the manager were a Forest implant designed to wreck the squad you couldn't have done a better job choosing captains than what PC did. Shackell Thorne and Keogh were always the obvious top 3 captain choices. Anyone could see that. 

Then there was the whole thing at the beginning where he kept swapping goalies each game ... until someone pokes him and says "hey Paul, you don't do that you kinda have to pick one" ... 

Why do we have to "name a captain"...its pathetic, like being at school. You should pick the 11 that are starting the game, and then from that 11 give one of them the armband. Everyone should have the same attitude towards winning, towards helping others, towards leading, towards teamwork it shouldn't just be exclusively the "captains" role to be the one who motivates  everyone etc. Children the lot of them.

2 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Bonkers! #Fact, florida sun is bad for you. 

Once you move to the land of armoured wankball, you shoot from the hip.

Archived